Phantom 3 Standard Dead
1816 23 2018-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sam3069167
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34806 ft

Hello, I recently bought a P3S off of ebay and have been having some troubles. I turn the drone on and can fly it but when i try to connect to the app it says weak or no signal. I have been browsing for the past 3 hours and have not found a fix. Remote LED is red but i can still fly.
2018-4-20
Use props
sam3069167
lvl.1

Sorry for the lack of detail. I flew it once with the live feed through the GO app but i landed and took it home. It hasnt been able to connect to the app since
2018-4-20
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23002 ft
United States

sam3069167 Posted at 2018-4-20 17:54
Sorry for the lack of detail. I flew it once with the live feed through the GO app but i landed and took it home. It hasnt been able to connect to the app since

Are you sure the device that the app is on is connecting to the remote's wifi? You almost always have to manually select it every time.

As for the red led on the controller, have you tried to relink it with the drone?
2018-4-20
Use props
sam3069167
lvl.1

I am positive that i am connected to the wifi as i can link the controller to the drone through the app. I am unsure if i have relinked the controller and drone because the button doesnt seem to do anything but i can control the drone with the remote. I just cant get the app connected
2018-4-20
Use props
Amateur Droner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6411 ft

United States

What are you using...phone/tablet type?
Have you checked to make sure it is on the preferred list?
Recommended Devices
  • iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus
  • Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Z3 EXPERIA, MI 3, MI PAD、Smartisan T1
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.

2018-4-20
Use props
sam3069167
lvl.1

I have tried it with the Galaxy S6 and S8
2018-4-20
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

the light on rc have to be green if its red its not fully linked to actry to reinstall app and install it again and then try to relnk the rc to ac with the small led push button on the leg of the drone
2018-4-20
Use props
sam3069167
lvl.1

Thank you for all the great suggestions. I have tried them all and it has not seemed to affect anything. From what i have read, the antenna in the drone is not sending signals to the remote(keep in mind i can fly the drone with the remote just cant get the app that is connected to the remote, connected to the drone). I am going to look into replacing the antennas and everything unless someone has any other suggestions.
2018-4-21
Use props
Amateur Droner
lvl.4

United States

You stated that you brought the P3S  off eBay, did you download the manual from DJI?
The website also has support info and videos.
Have you tried to re-link the AC & Remote? The seller may have multiple remotes or something, and sent you the wrong one.Try this (if you haven't already):

The Phantom 3 Standard is linked to the remote controller by default, and re-linking is only necessary if the remote controller is replaced with a new one.
The linking procedures are:
Turn on the aircraft and press the Link Button. The button will blink red when the aircraft is ready to link.
Switch on the remote controller, turn the gimbal dial to the far left, and toggle the S2 switch back and forth quickly for at least three times. You will hear a pulsating beep sound when the remote controller is trying to link to the aircraft.
The remote controller will stop beeping and the Link Button on the aircraft will turn solid green if linking is successful.
2018-4-21
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

So, everything works except video feed?
2018-4-21
Use props
Amateur Droner
lvl.4

United States

If the remote led is lit (red) then you are not linked.
Try this video to re-link it.

2018-4-21
Use props
sam3069167
lvl.1

The drone flies with the remote just i can not connect it to my phone. I connect my phone to the remote and the remote says something along the lines of "Weak Signal" The remote LED when i am flying the drone is red. Also i think my link button on the drone is broken. I have pressed the button rather hard and still nothing happens.
2018-4-21
Use props
sam3069167
lvl.1

I had a typo in the last post. I meant to say that the app connected to the remote but the app says weak signal
2018-4-21
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

How many bars for WIFI and control are showing up in the app? Is the link button on the AC free to push and release? You can test it before you power on the RC and AC.
2018-4-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Sam, could you read the aircraft version in App? Please launch DJI GO, click the three dots on the right upper corner>General Settings>About.
2018-4-24
Use props
KenSellsCincy
New

United States

I'm suddenly having the same issues, although I've had my PS3 for a year and a half, have had the Iphone X since Dec 1, 2017 and just within the last few days having the same issue described earlier in this thread.  I can connect initially with the DJI GO App, but then shortly after take off, the app disconnects.  I still have control but can no longer see images or use the camera which is the most important feature for my business.  I've re-synced the controller to the aircraft several times and deleted and re-installed the DJI GO App, all with no change.  My firmware is as follows:
App Version 3.1.31
Aircraft Version 1.9.20
Any help you give is appreciated.  As mentioned I use this aircraft for my Real Estate so am in need of a fix asap.
Ken
2018-4-24
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

KenSellsCincy Posted at 2018-4-24 05:51
I'm suddenly having the same issues, although I've had my PS3 for a year and a half, have had the Iphone X since Dec 1, 2017 and just within the last few days having the same issue described earlier in this thread.  I can connect initially with the DJI GO App, but then shortly after take off, the app disconnects.  I still have control but can no longer see images or use the camera which is the most important feature for my business.  I've re-synced the controller to the aircraft several times and deleted and re-installed the DJI GO App, all with no change.  My firmware is as follows:
App Version 3.1.31
Aircraft Version 1.9.20

Have you just upgraded the ios software?  Check your settings in Wifi and turn off cell data or switch to airplane mode.
2018-4-24
Use props
KenSellsCincy
New

United States

Thanks for your suggestion, I turned the iphone to Airplane mode then reconnected the wireless to the Phantom and I did have a good flight this time.  I'll keep trying it over the next few days to confirm it is a permanent solution and report back so that others who might have this same issue might find your suggestion as a solution for them.   

The update I did manually was a couple of months ago.  I don't know if auto updates are an issue, can you tell me for future reference if these devices do auto update.  

Thanks again for your help.

Ken
2018-4-25
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Your DJI product will never update on it's own.  Not like your device, which can be set to auto update  apps.  (If this is what you were referring to).
2018-4-25
Use props
sSunsets
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Susan's advice may get you there. Maybe sending it back to re-condition may help.
2018-4-25
Use props
KenSellsCincy
New

United States

Unfortunately, todays flight was not successful.  The aircraft and controller connected to the DJI Go App right away and it looked promising, however at approximately 50', the App gave a warning of weak signal and then immediately lost connection altogether.  I'm flying in my backyard where I've flown with no issues or interference for the last year and a half so I think the problem has to be with the App or the Aircraft itself.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Ken
2018-4-26
Use props
KenSellsCincy
New

United States

can't download pics
2018-4-30
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

Do you not take the SD card out of the camera and copy the files from there?  I've found that even if the display unit doesn't show the video, it will still record in the camera if you have the video turned on to record.
2018-4-30
Use props
sam3069167
lvl.1

Just an update, thank you all for the help. I sent the Phantom 3 Standard back and got the phantom 3 advanced. It flies great and have not had any issues... yet. Somehow dji always finds a way
2018-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules