DJI Goggles blanking out with Air
912 5 2018-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rkelly66
lvl.2
Flight distance : 669879 ft
United States

I recently received my Air package with Goggles and have an issue that I need some help with....

Everything goes fine with hot swapping the goggles after I take off with the tablet attached for approx the first minute or two and then the goggles go full screen and all aircraft data is gone the video feed is still active, but nothing else, soon after that within seconds the screen goes black. I see nothing but the goggles are still powered on. If I press the FN button on the bottom, the video will come back and then within a second the aircraft data comes back. All the data is correct and accurate from where it left off before the "blackness" occured.
The goggles then operate as normal for another few minutes and then it does it again.
Sometimes it will come back on its own without me pushing any buttons.

I have tried 2 different micro usb to usb cables. I plug into the bottom of the remote for both the tablet and goggles using the same cable when hot swapping.
I have used the goggles for extended periods of time with hdmi and they work perfectly.

I never have this issue when I use just the tablet....it never goes black, which makes me think it isn't the cable.

I have the latest firmware on aircraft, remote, batteries and goggles.

Anybody have this happen?

2018-4-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Kelly,

Sorry to hear that.  I just bought the same thing and everything works as designed.  Be prepared to send it in.  This does not sound right.  Hopefully one of the Administrators or Moderators will see this thread.  Good luck!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-21
Use props
rkelly66
lvl.2
United States

So, I took the Air out again today and ran 3 batteries through it.
My problem STILL exists!

I take off with the tablet connected to the secondary port on the controller. After take off I swap out the tablet with the goggles that have already been turned on.
After a few seconds the video and flight data appear and I take off like normal.....about 30 seconds into flight the flight data disappears and the video goes full screen for about 5 seconds and then blanks out. Another 5 seconds goes by and the video appears again and then a second later the flight data reappears and appears to be fully accurate with all readings.

This repeats itself about every 30 seconds or minute. Once the display inside the goggles went a blank gray instead of black....that time I had to switch back to the tablet to regain control!!!!

I can force this to happen it appears by changing from video recording mode to picture taking mode on the remote....when I do that....without even touching the goggles....it will repeat the blank out sequence.

Surely I have something defective here....either the remote or the goggles. I have tried 2 different cables with the same results. The only thing I haven't tried is using the primary video port on the remote for the goggles connection.

DJI support can you help me?
Is there any kind of advice you can give to try?

Does DJI provide an advance replacement  policy for items under warranty? I haven't had this aircraft package longer than a month!

Help! Anyone....Help!
2018-4-22
Use props
Bill-Fly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 70722 ft
United States

Had the same problem an had to return them....Contacted support many times before they final replaced them
2018-4-23
Use props
rkelly66
lvl.2
United States

OK...come on DJI support.

Are you monitoring this thread?

What did they say was the issue AND did you get another pair and it resolved the issue?

Thanks for commenting on this....I thought was crazy or doing something wrong!
2018-4-23
Use props
rkelly66
lvl.2
United States

Just got off support with DJI....I have to send it in.

Oh well, worthless to me the way they operate now!!

2018-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules