IMU error & Gyroscope error prevents flight
30718 25 2015-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mats.sparr
New

Sweden

Hi!
I recieved my Phantom 3 Pro on thursday. After charging the batteries and upgrading firmware to 1.1.6 the first flight performed as excpected.
On second attempt yesterday (friday) i recieved error messages and that new firmware was available. While upgrading the aircraft i believe i powered it down to early before the upgrade was complete (i misinterpreted the beeps) and the second attempt claims the fw on the sd card is older or identical to the aircraft fw.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 unsynchronized ======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.01.0008.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 unsynchronized ======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.01.0008.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

When powering up the aircraft I recieve IMU error. The camera is moving around like it´s calibrating and then points forward and after a few more seconds it drops pointing down or atleast angled down. The pilot app still shows IMU error. If i now give the camera a small touch it goes to pointing forward and the error message dissapers.

When I try to start the motors i recieve another error message stating that the gyroscope bias is to large and the engines fails to start. I have tried recalibrating compass and restarting the aircraft several times. Any suggestions?

IMG_6143.PNG IMG_6144.PNG IMG_6146.PNG

2015-5-8
Use props
joel.i.johnson.
lvl.1

United States

You may want to try reinstalling the firmware!
2015-5-9
Use props
Wurwag
New

Finland

I've had the exact same IMU error and "Gimbal cannot receive MC data" error twice now. First time the errors went away almost immediately but on 2nd time they stayed till I moved my Phantom (unless that was a coincidence).
I did manage to fly my maiden flight after the first error and my Phantom did fly beautifully. Surely it was a bit scary because of the error but since the app showed everything is ok and safe to fly I decided to try.
2nd error came after the flight back at home. I've started my Phantom every now and then to see if the errors appear again, but so far only those 2 times.

I do have the latest firmware installed. But maybe it did not install quite right, because the Phantom did not stop beeping so I did stop it (it kept beeping over 40minutes) and checked the txt file, it said success.
How does one reinstall the firmware without getting the "The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft." ?

Thank you.
2015-5-9
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

I have a similar IMU oddity that started after I updated the Firmware to 1.1.8. I get a message that the IMU is not warmed up. It can take up to a minute to get this "warming" error off the screen. I fly in Florida, and it has been pretty hot....so this warming up period seems a bit strange.
2015-5-9
Use props
tchavalas
lvl.4

United States

Have you tried recalibrating the IMU as the warning message suggests as a solution?

There is a selection to calibrate the IMU in the settings menus.
2015-5-9
Use props
Wurwag
New

Finland

tchavalas@panos Posted at 2015-5-10 05:10
Have you tried recalibrating the IMU as the warning message suggests as a solution?

There is a sele ...

If the error still comes I surely will do that... or maybe I should just do that anyhow.
2015-5-9
Use props
mmee1992
lvl.3
United States

Wurwag Posted at 2015-5-10 06:02
If the error still comes I surely will do that... or maybe I should just do that anyhow.

I would do that anyways. You should always do that out of the box.
2015-5-9
Use props
mats.sparr
New

Sweden

tchavalas@panos Posted at 2015-5-10 05:10

There is a sele ...

I have calibrated the compass. I haven´t found anything named IMU in pilot app menu.

There seem to be a assistant software for P2 that can calibrate IMU but can't find one for P3.
2015-5-10
Use props
Wurwag
New

Finland

I did calibrate the IMU. No more errors. everything started nice and smoothly. After IMU calibration the "IMU is warming up" message comes with every start up, did not have that before. Went flying and everything worked perfectly.

mats.sparr you can find the IMU calibration under "MC settings ---> sensors", there's "IMU check" and "IMU calibration".
2015-5-10
Use props
kgjamison
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460751 ft
United States

Thank you Wurwag, that fixed my intermittent concern with mine!
2015-5-24
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

mats.sparr Posted at 2015-5-10 22:18
I have calibrated the compass. I haven´t found anything named IMU in pilot app menu.

There seem  ...

Turn Remote Control and Phantom on.

In the Pilot app, hit the Settings icon upper right corner (the four dots).

The first button, lookling like a quadcopter from above - tab that. Thats the MC Settings.

Scroll down and find the "Sensors". Tab that.

There you see "Sensors" and some numbers. SCROLL DOWN below that - and you see the "Calibrate" and two buttons; "Check IMU" and "IMU Calibration". Tab the IMU Calibration. Let the Phantom sit on a very flat surface, dont touch it, let it do the calibration. It will take a good while

Hope you'll fix your error. Good luck
2015-5-24
Use props
playex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 82638 ft
Venezuela

I have the same problem.
2015-6-13
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

playex Posted at 2015-6-14 09:26
I have the same problem.

calibrate your imu whether it says you need it or not if you have upgraded firmware you will see a different situation warming up you need to do this calibrate your remote also
2015-6-14
Use props
C17Jamie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 348022 ft
United States

It took me a long time to find that IMU Calibration option in the menu, but it fixed it for me.  I had upgraded the firmware, and I was getting a two-beep constantly.  The error message said calibrate the IMU, and I assumed that that meant the compass since that's what I knew.  Glad I found this thread!  (The IMU calibration is under MC Settings [where you set the maximum flight altitude] at the bottom... in case anyone else is a little slow like me)
2015-9-13
Use props
Deep matrix
lvl.1

United States

i'm having an IMU problem, but mine is grayed out and i'm getting a constant beeping. When i go to try and calibrate IMU under the sensors in the menu; the calibration option is also grayed out. What's going on? is my IMU fried or something. I really hope not.
2015-10-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

For the newcomers who may not know. When the IMU is being calibrated, the Phsntom should be as cold as possible.
Place it in front of an air conditioner,  or let it sit outside, in the cooler night time, get the app ready on the calibration page.
As soon as you plug the battery in, and turn on the Phantom, start the IMU calibration. Be sure it!'s sitting on as flat of surface as possible, like a kitchen counter or solid table that you know is 90*.
Now, I only do my calibrations after a firmware or Go App update. If you have done a good calibration, you shouldn't have to redo it.
Same goes for the compass calibration, unless you move 100 miles to a different area to fly, the compass values should remain stable.
Hope you are enjoying your investment, and having plenty of excitement while flying. Only happy landing. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-10-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Deep matrix Posted at 2015-10-24 12:04
i'm having an IMU problem, but mine is grayed out and i'm getting a constant beeping. When i go to t ...

Is the Phantom drone  turned on, when you are attrmpting to calibrate the IMU?

RedHotPoker
2015-10-25
Use props
Deep matrix
lvl.1

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-10-25 11:58
Is the Phantom drone  turned on, when you are attrmpting to calibrate the IMU?

RedHotPoker

yes it's turned on. I would assume that's the only way to calibrate the IMU. It's looking like the IMU is fried...not sure what else to do
2015-10-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

That certainly is not regular behavior. Trying to think of something else that would hopefully correct this glitche.
It would be nice to figure this out for you, without sending it for repairs, and a two month loss of flight time.

RedHotPoker
2015-10-25
Use props
laing.mike
New

United Kingdom

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.  Saved my day

2015-11-28
Use props
ancheta.edward
New

United States

Hi. I have a message to charge battery when trying to update. My batteries are fully charged.
2015-11-28
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Deep matrix Posted at 2015-10-24 10:04
i'm having an IMU problem, but mine is grayed out and i'm getting a constant beeping. When i go to t ...

Make sure the r/c controls are centered, not locked in any position. Make sure the switches on the r/c are at the top setting, then try again
2015-11-28
Use props
ajaygkumar16
New

South Korea

IMU error :Please Calibrate IMU

Hello Everyone,

I Am using Phantom 3 Advanced model flight for my research work.
Recently i got message to upgrade RC , So i have updated.

And its asking for IMU calibration. But am unable to calibrate the IMU.
In the DJI-GO Mobile App, Sensors options all the feilds of calibrations paremters are empty.

Also unable to RC signal in the mobile App is completely disabled.

I have attached screenshot from the App, Please suggest me any solution, if any one faced same situation.

Thanks in Advance
Screenshot_2016-04-17-22-01-35.png
Screenshot_2016-04-17-22-01-58.png
Screenshot_2016-04-17-22-02-23.png
2016-4-17
Use props
RussGriz
New

United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-25 06:28
Turn Remote Control and Phantom on.

In the Pilot app, hit the Settings icon upper right corner ( ...

Thank you! This appears to have solved my problem. Only thing I have to add ... I didn't have "Sensors" under MC Settings. I had to go to "Advanced Settings" under MC Settings before I could find "Sensors. Thanks again.
2016-10-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

RussGriz Posted at 2016-10-20 15:14
Thank you! This appears to have solved my problem. Only thing I have to add ... I didn't have "Sen ...

This is a zombie thread, he wrote that a year and a half ago, so there have been many updates to the firmware since then.
2016-10-19
Use props
bunty06
New

United Kingdom

is imu a manufature fault as iv just got a new phantom pro 3 just took it out of box couldnt do a thing sent it off for qualified repair and they said it was imn error will this get fixed under warranty
2017-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules