Phantom 3 STD with new Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus?
2851 16 2018-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EricThoren
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27116 ft
Sweden

Hi,

Just upgraded my phone to S9Plus, but it won't show the camera symbol in the app (I am using the app "before 4").

I startup as usual, and I can connect to drone wifi but in the app it only shows "How to connect" instead of "Camera view". It works with an iPad I have. Sure, I can fly, but I canät record or use the map or anything...

Does anyone know what to do?
2018-4-21
Use props
Amateur Droner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6411 ft

United States

Try uninstalling the DJI Go app, and then reinstall it .
2018-4-21
Use props
EricThoren
lvl.2
Sweden

Thanks Amateur Drone, I tried that bit it didn't help...
2018-4-21
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

Sure sounds like you are not connected to the Phantom Wifi, but to your home Wifi.
2018-4-21
Use props
EricThoren
lvl.2
Sweden

WD9EON, Yes, I agree, but I really am connected to Tthe drone wifi. Well, at least that is what the phone shows.

Had a short conversation with DJI support, but they only said that S9 isn't supported.
2018-4-21
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Have you tried lower the screen resolution.
2018-4-21
Use props
EricThoren
lvl.2
Sweden

AlanHD, I hade not tried that - but now I have. Still no conection.
2018-4-21
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

Are you sure that no other device has a down link to the Phantoms WIFI at the same time as the S6+ ? The copter system of the P3S has 3 IP addresses,the RC´s IP as the router,the AC´s IP as the client 1 and the free IP for 1 mobile in the same time as client 2. Do you use the phone in airplane mode?
2018-4-21
Use props
EricThoren
lvl.2
Sweden

Peterx, thank you. It's a S9+, not S6+, but yes I'm sure no other device is linked to the Phantom at the same timme.

The wifi name that appears on the phone to connect to is the same as it is when I link to it from any other device so it looks ok.

And no, I'm not using the phone in airplande mode. That would not permit me to have gps med maps while flying.
2018-4-21
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

Before you fly or on the way to you flight field your phone can cache the map in to the Go app and you can switch your phone into the airplane mode short time before you power up the Phantoms system.
The GPS is still active. Only you need start WIFI manually. The map will scroll automatically to the field of flight. It´s equal using an android or iOS device.
2018-4-22
Use props
EricThoren
lvl.2
Sweden

Peterx, thank you - I didn't know that!

But most important - putting the phone to airplane mode did the trick! Now I get the camera view and all is well - THANK YOU!

I can even go back and disable airplane mode once being connected.

But how do you cache the mapp into the Go app?
2018-4-22
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

On the last meters you can start the App on your phone and ignore all things for the flight. Close the app to the back round task. The map will be cached in that time before the phone has been switched to the airplane mode. Allow the Go app has access to your GPS in phone,then you´ll get the right area of your birds flight.
2018-4-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Eric, thanks for keeping us updated. Nice to hear the issue has been figured out. As for map cache, you can zoom in and zoom out the place you want to go when the internet is available. Then disable the internet to check whether the map works well.
2018-4-24
Use props
EricThoren
lvl.2
Sweden

Peterx Posted at 2018-4-22 05:41
On the last meters you can start the App on your phone and ignore all things for the flight. Close the app to the back round task. The map will be cached in that time before the phone has been switched to the airplane mode. Allow the Go app has access to your GPS in phone,then you´ll get the right area of your birds flight.

Perfect, thank you
2018-4-24
Use props
EricThoren
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-24 00:16
Eric, thanks for keeping us updated. Nice to hear the issue has been figured out. As for map cache, you can zoom in and zoom out the place you want to go when the internet is available. Then disable the internet to check whether the map works well.

Thank you Suzanne!
2018-4-24
Use props
EricThoren
lvl.2
Sweden

EricThoren Posted at 2018-4-24 03:12
Thank you Suzanne!

Sorry, I meant Susan!
2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

That's all right! Do not forget to share your works with us.
2018-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules