1217 12 2018-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mims
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1686991 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been using CrystalSky Ultra Brights on both the master (Cendense) and the slave (standard) RCs for couple months. Because of a gap between jobs, I used one once and then both together for another job. In all, I probably have 3-5 hours on each - all without incident.

Today, had a shoot, but since I was the only operator, I just was using one CrystalSky. It was 68 degrees, but I was in the sun. About 30 or so minutes in, the picture starts to flash and then it went dark. I assumed that it had overheated (even though it wasn't even warm enough for me to sweat in direct sunlight), so I pulled out the second unit and continued my shoot. Within 30 minutes, CS #2 started doing exactly the same thing. Fortuntately, I was done with the shoot, so I landed and took my toys home.

Fast forward, I let everything cool, and CS #1 won't light up at all. Screen is on, but it appears that the backlight LEDs are out. CS #2 "seems" to be back to normal, but I haven't let it run very long.

I've read about the CS LED issues, but for two to die within 30 minutes from one another is pretty improbable. They were purchased from different stores (DJI, B&H) about a month apart. The only common factor is the firmware. Did all the firmware updates in anticipation of a job today. Is this a firmware issue?

DJI Mindy, I assume I need to send both back, but I've got a job next Saturday that requires at least one. Is there a way to get new ones shipped and return the old ones so that they cross in the mail? Thanks for your help.
2018-4-21
Use props
Mims
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So, the next day, I try both CSs again. CS #1 is still black. I turn on CS #2. I notice that the right half of the screen is noticeably darker than the right. After being on for 1 minute, I swap batteries (after shut down, of course). Now CS #2 is completely black. In the span of 36 hours, I upgrade firmware on two CrystalSkies and both go black. Both were purchased at different times from different vendors. So much for having redundancy. I guess I'll be rocking my next gig with an iPhone for a monitor.
2018-4-22
Use props
Strannik Wolkov
lvl.2
Russia

Mims hey!  

Sorry to read that you have lost your investment. That must be a pain,  especially if you are in the middle of things. These displays are not cheap.

I just had a look at the CystalSky Ultra last week and was impressed by the crisp image in bright sunlight.

Would you recommend to stay with the IOS -Apple tablet?
2018-4-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Mims, sorry for the difficulties. The current version of your Crystalskys are on the latest firmware V02.06.03.00, right? I would like to have our engineers to check this case first. Please kindly wait patiently, I will get back to you once I hear from them.
2018-4-22
Use props
Mims
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I used the iPad pro for a long time. It works fine, but in the sun, you know what happens.

The first time I used the CrystalSky, I was blown away with how nice the screen is and how bright it is. I assume that I either had very bad luck and got two that were defective or that there is a problem with the latest firmware. I lean toward a firmware issue since they died so close to one another after the firmware was updated. Perhaps a fan issue?

Either way, CrystalSky is a fantastic product when it works. I'm also assuming that DJI will repair / replace the ones that crapped out on me. That being the case, I wouldn't hesitate to get one, but you might consider bringing a backup until you are sure that yours works okay.
2018-4-22
Use props
Mims
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-22 19:06
Mims, sorry for the difficulties. The current version of your Crystalskys are on the latest firmware V02.06.03.00, right? I would like to have our engineers to check this case first. Please kindly wait patiently, I will get back to you once I hear from them.

Hey, Thor. Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, I can't check the version number because I can't see the screen well enough, but I can confirm that I updated Friday, April 20 at about 10 p.m. EST when prompted with the new update. It definitely was an update for the CrystalSky (I got to see the happy droid during the update) and included the new versions for DJI Go and DJI Go 4.
2018-4-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Mims Posted at 2018-4-22 19:11
Hey, Thor. Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, I can't check the version number because I can't see the screen well enough, but I can confirm that I updated Friday, April 20 at about 10 p.m. EST when prompted with the new update. It definitely was an update for the CrystalSky (I got to see the happy droid during the update) and included the new versions for DJI Go and DJI Go 4.

Thank you for the info. Regarding this situation, please kindly fill in the online repair request on the official website and send the machines in. https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
Please tell me your case number once you get one, thank you.  
2018-4-22
Use props
Mims
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-22 19:52
Thank you for the info. Regarding this situation, please kindly fill in the online repair request on the official website and send the machines in. https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
Please tell me your case number once you get one, thank you.

CAS-1700836-B2H8Z6 and CAS-1700862-P7D4Y8. Are there any options for getting a loaner or a replacement faster? I'm happy to secure it with a credit card.
2018-4-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Mims Posted at 2018-4-22 20:58
CAS-1700836-B2H8Z6 and CAS-1700862-P7D4Y8. Are there any options for getting a loaner or a replacement faster? I'm happy to secure it with a credit card.

Appreciate your info. I am sorry to tell that we don't have leasing service, you might need to send the CSs back first. But I had informed the local team and try to escalate the case, they will do the best to help. Sorry again for the inconvenience.
2018-4-22
Use props
Mims
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-22 22:50
Appreciate your info. I am sorry to tell that we don't have leasing service, you might need to send the CSs back first. But I had informed the local team and try to escalate the case, they will do the best to help. Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Thanks, Thor.

Should I ship these in the same package or separate boxes? I saw that the shipping label has the case number on it. I didn't want to slow down the processing in any way, but if having them together helps, I'm happy to put them in the same box.
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mims Posted at 2018-4-23 06:16
Thanks, Thor.

Should I ship these in the same package or separate boxes? I saw that the shipping label has the case number on it. I didn't want to slow down the processing in any way, but if having them together helps, I'm happy to put them in the same box.

Please pack these two CystslSkys separately with their own shipping label and case number, our facility will take care of them when they arrive.
2018-4-23
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mims, out of curiosity, have you used a different interface cable?
2018-4-24
Use props
Mims
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

mixchief Posted at 2018-4-24 09:49
Mims, out of curiosity, have you used a different interface cable?

No. Just the standard one mounted on the Cendence, but the screen is blank whether I plug it into the controller or not.
2018-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules