1035 11 2018-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChrisJack
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119843 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mavic Pro Intelligent Flight batteries, do I need to load firmware to every battery that I have
2018-4-21
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Yes you have to update all, you will get error if you don't.
2018-4-21
Use props
ChrisJack
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

G_Sig Posted at 2018-4-21 17:04
Yes you have to update all, you will get error if you don't.

thanks for that, now I understand why I had a fly away a while back and why I almost had another last night.  I know you have to do it for the Phantom 3 Pro as I have one of those, but there is no written info explaining that for the Mavic, especially the fly more combo
2018-4-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

ChrisJack Posted at 2018-4-21 17:48
thanks for that, now I understand why I had a fly away a while back and why I almost had another last night.  I know you have to do it for the Phantom 3 Pro as I have one of those, but there is no written info explaining that for the Mavic, especially the fly more combo

Chris, I would recommend you use DJI Assistant 2 to update the batteries of Mavic Pro. Please mount the new battery on it and it can be updated quickly. Any problem, please contact us.
2018-4-22
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

ChrisJack Posted at 2018-4-21 17:48
thanks for that, now I understand why I had a fly away a while back and why I almost had another last night.  I know you have to do it for the Phantom 3 Pro as I have one of those, but there is no written info explaining that for the Mavic, especially the fly more combo

The app will tell you when you have deviations and are "forced" to update them.
You will not miss it.

good luck and happy flying
2018-4-22
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

I have been looking for this conversation, now let me get this straight when I do update I have to go to the same routine for all my batteries 3 of them? this is important to me give me your inputs.
2018-4-24
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-4-24 05:47
I have been looking for this conversation, now let me get this straight when I do update I have to go to the same routine for all my batteries 3 of them? this is important to me give me your inputs.

Yes. But when you place on the battery it will infor you of different firmware and update takes all of 15 sec.
2018-4-24
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

Woe Posted at 2018-4-24 06:05
Yes. But when you place on the battery it will infor you of different firmware and update takes all of 15 sec.

thank you Woe, you see only one of my batteries had the update, will do that as soon as possible.
2018-4-24
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-4-24 07:40
thank you Woe, you see only one of my batteries had the update, will do that as soon as possible.

No problem.
2018-4-24
Use props
Guido-Italy
First Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

In one year I hadn't never update battery firmware because never had a message from app; is it possible ?
2018-4-24
Use props
ChrisJack
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks for the information as I never realised that the other batteries needed the update, I assumed it was all via the drone itself, in its memory
2018-4-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep - ensure the FW is updated on the AC and RC (the battery installed in the AC will obviously update with it) then each subsequent battery will need to be done separately, including any new ones you buy later on. Good news is that FW updates on just the batteries literally take one-minute and can be done via the app. The USB port on the battery charging hub (if you have one) is NOT used to update FW on the batteries - so ensure the battery is in the drone and everything turned on and connected with WiFi turned on. Stay at the home page with the picture of the drone and let the FW check complete - if the battery FW is inconsistent with the AC a pop up notification to update will appear here - slide to update. The ongoing FW updates to the drone very rarely require the batteries to be updated but you will need to do this with any battery fresh out of the box.
2018-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules