Latest DJI Go 4 and iOS 11.3 update results
591 3 2018-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
erikThureson
lvl.2
United States

Anyone else beside me get anxiety with every new update release? (see video link above)
2018-4-22
Use props
4WDaus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1187257 ft
Australia

Make a good poll. Make me as a yes.
2018-4-22
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

No.  I'm pleased that the company is responsible enought to update/repair a very complicated system when they know something can/should be done.

In this video (dated, but still very relevant) Rick at Drone Valley ( he's a 'real' engineer ) shares some insights on how difficult it is to keep a complicate system integrated in a changing environment of hardware, software, and regulatory market.  (Let alone a product that is simple enough for non-engineer, non-geeks to enjoy).  Rick has numerous other videos that you might find helpful.  

2018-4-22
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Been fly for the past few days, finally the weather has been cooperating. iOS 11.3 GO4 4.2.12 using my Mini4. NO problems at all. But to keep my anxiety level in check. ii have two devices. An iPhone 6 and iPad Mini4. So will only update one device at a time, test it out. if it works, great, will then update the second device. If it seems that I am having problems with the update, or others on the forum are having problems with the update, then I will not update my second device, so I can still fly under the older version of software until the problem, what ever it is, is fixed. I will also wait a few days before initiating an updating to see what others are saying before I try the update. I have all my devices set to NOT automatically update. So far I have not had any problems with my MP and any update since I bought it last June. I have read of others have problems, so maybe I am just lucky.
2018-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules