Mapping with Agisoft Photoscan
2163 4 2018-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mark vanhaze
lvl.1
Greece

I just bought the Mavic Air and want to know what is the best way to take photos for a mapping project using Photoscan.

Obviously I can fly manually but to get a solid overlap, can I use Dronedeploy to snap the photos?
2018-4-22
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

i use dronedeploy fo everything ...it is very easy to use...and autonomus..
2018-4-22
Use props
mark vanhaze
lvl.1
Greece

I tried Droneploy but it just wont see my Mavic Air. I have GO connect, then I exit Go, start Droneploy and it just cant see the Mavic. Is there an alternative to Droneploy? Is Litchi or UGCS any good?
2018-4-22
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

mark vanhaze Posted at 2018-4-22 04:00
I tried Droneploy but it just wont see my Mavic Air. I have GO connect, then I exit Go, start Droneploy and it just cant see the Mavic. Is there an alternative to Droneploy? Is Litchi or UGCS any good?

Litchi works well for visual mapping, a little labor intensive in Mission Hub if you are using Photos to map, also you would need to d/load the CSV file once the flight is complete to identify GPS coordinates with each photo taken if the client requires it.
2018-4-22
Use props
eried
Second Officer
Flight distance : 661362 ft
Norway

I had good results extracting photos from a video with the "point of interest" mode in dji go 4: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 670&fromuid=1099179
tried with litchi but I found out that the "programming steps" (like rotate x degrees, take photo, etc) were quite limited and buggy
2018-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules