424 5 2018-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HendrikJB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

I`m NOT a happy pilot now

Today I did 2 flights flying out more than 500m.  During these flights the connection was severed and I received an "aircraft not connected" error message.  That is not my problem but my problem is that when I was syncing the flight data only 27m and 252m was retrieved respectively.

Why has this happened?
2018-4-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Could you please change a flight environment where the GPS is good and no magnetic interference to try it again? Please make sure you have synced the flight records successfully. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.
2018-4-22
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-22 19:22
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Could you please change a flight environment where the GPS is good and no magnetic interference to try it again? Please make sure you have synced the flight records successfully. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.

Thank you for your quick reply.

I did see that the connection frequency changed from 2.4GHz to 5.8GHz by itself.  I have now changed it back to 2.4GHz to see what happens.
2018-4-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-4-22 22:46
Thank you for your quick reply.

I did see that the connection frequency changed from 2.4GHz to 5.8GHz by itself.  I have now changed it back to 2.4GHz to see what happens.

Hi, for the auto channel mode, it will pick the one with the best signal quality. If you are in an open field without other WiFi interference it will most certainly stick to 2.4 GHz. But if you are in a built-up area with other WiFi networks around the preferred choice will be 5.8 GHz.
2018-4-23
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-23 00:24
Hi, for the auto channel mode, it will pick the one with the best signal quality. If you are in an open field without other WiFi interference it will most certainly stick to 2.4 GHz. But if you are in a built-up area with other WiFi networks around the preferred choice will be 5.8 GHz.

Thank you.
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

You are welcome. Hope you have a great time on flying the drone.
2018-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules