DJI Spark not showing as an option on DJI Go app
6477 9 2018-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shepherd Heap
lvl.1
Australia

Hi, I have seen that some people have been having issuses with being able to select the DJI Spark drone as "their drone" on the DJI Go app and now I have the same problem. Only last week I bought the new Samsung Galaxy S9 + and when I downloaded the DJI Go app and tried to connect my spark, the spark would not appear as an option. The Inspires and Phantoms were options but certainly no spark... can anyone please help me out?? Thanks in advance!
2018-4-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there, Can you search the wifi of RC? Please ensure that it is well-connected. What is the color of the indicator of your RC? Please keep us updated, thanks.
2018-4-23
Use props
Shepherd Heap
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-23 00:35
Hi, there, Can you search the wifi of RC? Please ensure that it is well-connected. What is the color of the indicator of your RC? Please keep us updated, thanks.

Hi, thank you for your reply! Yes the wifi is connected and the indicator on the remote is green... anything else you can think of?
2018-4-23
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Are you using the DJI Go or DJI Go 4 app? DJI Go 4 is the correct app for Spark. Hope this helps
2018-4-23
Use props
Shepherd Heap
lvl.1
Australia

forbsie Posted at 2018-4-23 16:25
Are you using the DJI Go or DJI Go 4 app? DJI Go 4 is the correct app for Spark. Hope this helps

Forbsie you legend!! Thanks heaps for that, all sorted now!
2018-4-23
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Shepherd Heap Posted at 2018-4-23 16:27
Forbsie you legend!! Thanks heaps for that, all sorted now!

Happy to help

It is a bit weird that they haven't consolidated the two apps .. I need one for Spark and Mavic Air, and the other for the new Osmo 2 Mobile

Have fun flying!
2018-4-23
Use props
gmmeyer
lvl.1

forbsie Posted at 2018-4-23 17:31
Happy to help  

It is a bit weird that they haven't consolidated the two apps .. I need one for Spark and Mavic Air, and the other for the new Osmo 2 Mobile

hello forbsie.
I  Just received the Spark but from the sound of it prematurely.  Please correct me if needed and advise.  So without the GO 4 app the Spark stays grounded.  The GO 4 app wont tolerate, even load onto, my phone, the Iphone 5C.   And if I understand correctly on how picture taking works that there isn't enough memory on that phone anyways.  The only way I'm flying soon or even testing the aircraft is when I come back with a better phone.  At this time I just wanted to see if the airspace I live in will be a problem.  Six miles from WPAFB tower.   
2018-4-26
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

gmmeyer Posted at 2018-4-26 08:09
hello forbsie.
I  Just received the Spark but from the sound of it prematurely.  Please correct me if needed and advise.  So without the GO 4 app the Spark stays grounded.  The GO 4 app wont tolerate, even load onto, my phone, the Iphone 5C.   And if I understand correctly on how picture taking works that there isn't enough memory on that phone anyways.  The only way I'm flying soon or even testing the aircraft is when I come back with a better phone.  At this time I just wanted to see if the airspace I live in will be a problem.  Six miles from WPAFB tower.

Hello,

I wasn't aware that the DJI Go 4 App won't load on the iPhone 5C (I have the iPhone 6). Photos and video are saved to the MicroSD card you will need to insert into your Spark, however, without a compatible phone you will be limited to flying and controlling the camera via hand gestures which will be extremely limiting. The best possible Spark experience is with the Remote Controller and a compatible smart phone, failing that a compatible smart phone is ok. Hope this answers your questions.
2018-4-26
Use props
gmmeyer
lvl.1

forbsie Posted at 2018-4-26 13:54
Hello,

I wasn't aware that the DJI Go 4 App won't load on the iPhone 5C (I have the iPhone 6). Photos and video are saved to the MicroSD card you will need to insert into your Spark, however, without a compatible phone you will be limited to flying and controlling the camera via hand gestures which will be extremely limiting. The best possible Spark experience is with the Remote Controller and a compatible smart phone, failing that a compatible smart phone is ok. Hope this answers your questions.

So without the app, nor updating firmware,  and just hooking up the wifi between the spark and the phone, which I have to do through the controller because it is already paired up with the drone, I can fly in gesture mode?  I'll find out tomorrow if you don't get back to me by then.  But if you do is there any thing from gesture experience you might want to add.   I suddenly feel a little hopeful.  I do see a phone upgrade in the near future.
Thanks for the help.
2018-4-26
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

gmmeyer Posted at 2018-4-26 16:52
So without the app, nor updating firmware,  and just hooking up the wifi between the spark and the phone, which I have to do through the controller because it is already paired up with the drone, I can fly in gesture mode?  I'll find out tomorrow if you don't get back to me by then.  But if you do is there any thing from gesture experience you might want to add.   I suddenly feel a little hopeful.  I do see a phone upgrade in the near future.
Thanks for the help.

You don't actually need a phone, or RC to fly in gesture mode. I did it a couple of time when I first got the Spark, but don't have enough experience to provide any meaningful tips ;) Check the Spark Guide as to how to start gesture mode without the phone or controller. Have fun
2018-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules