Smartphone (S7)-RC-Drone connection problem (DJ GO 4.2.8)
1269 3 2018-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rob_spark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1083 ft
Italy

Hi everyone.
I've just bought and activate A DJI SPARK f.m.combo version. I upgraded the drone by DJI 2 ASSISTANT to the last version and the app, android version, is 4.2.8 (Samsung S7).
After the first automatic configuration (selecting the Spark in f.m.combo version) during which the smartphone found the RC (scanning QR code on its back), the smartphone can't more connect to the RC, neither automatically nor manually (the RC wifi network appears and disappears continuosly).

Also the connection between RC and Spark is very unstable. I made some tries only inside home and I lost continuosly the connection between Spark and RC. I tried to use OTG cable to connect Smartphone and RC, it works but with bad video quality.

In DJ GO 4 wifi option at the beginning I saw the Custom/Auto option, but now I can see only the channel but without any other informations (but I think is because of I have to use the cable). Disinstalling and reinstalling the app didn't solve. I also tried another phone (samsung S5) and a Tablet (Sony Z4).

The big issue now is that I bought the drone at Amazon, they will change me o refund me the drone without problems, but in this manner I'll lose the DJI CARE.

Please help me.

thank you very much

Robert
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Rob, did you try to flash the firmware of spark ? Please provide a screenshot of the wifi-setting. I would recommend you turn off the bluethooth device and avoid interference around your spark.
2018-4-23
Use props
rob_spark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1083 ft
Italy

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-23 23:01
Rob, did you try to flash the firmware of spark ? Please provide a screenshot of the wifi-setting. I would recommend you turn off the bluethooth device and avoid interference around your spark.

Sorry, what do you mean with "to flash the firmware of spark"? (a factory reset?)
I can't connect smartphone to the RC, so I'm not able to take the screenshot at the moment. If I try to connect by otg calbe it works but in wifi page I see all channel empty and no options to select.

If I'm not wrong all the problems began when I selected "Custom" in wifi options and 2,4 GHz. At that poin the drone restarted and after I was no more able to connect to RC.

A last thing mayu be helpful to you, if I turn on only the RC I can connect the smartphone to it without problems, but as soon as I turn on the spark I lose the RC-Smartphone connection and the RC wifi disappears.

2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

rob_spark Posted at 2018-4-24 07:44
Sorry, what do you mean with "to flash the firmware of spark"? (a factory reset?)
I can't connect smartphone to the RC, so I'm not able to take the screenshot at the moment. If I try to connect by otg calbe it works but in wifi page I see all channel empty and no options to select.

Since you are in Europ, some Android devices may not support 5.8 G and fails to search the wifi of RC. When you choose 2.4 G in the app, the channel between drone and RC is 2.4 G while the channel between RC and mobile is 5.8 G. Therefore, your phone may fail to search the wifi. Please try to use iphone to search the wifi. And then you can select the 5.8 G channel in the app again.
2018-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules