2748 46 2018-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_q0w9k0fk8TAq
lvl.2
Flight distance : 122159 ft
United Kingdom

Hi everyone

I have posted on the forum a few times but this 100% freaked me out. I have a huge amount of flight hours and great footage with my WeeAirDrone

I filmed in the Lost Valley of Glencoe Scotland, early April 2018 with my DJI Air. As many of you will know it is an incredible piece of technology, I flew it over three Scottish Mountains (Munroes) with precision. The Lost valley is an extremely high plateau with three mountains. It performed amazingly well with some amazing footage 13/4/18.

Guys you will know by now that flight checks in extreme conditions are of the utmost importance.

This group perhaps taught me some of my most valuable lessons. I trust every post from the experts on here but this I think cannot be explained.

Following my Glencoe Flight I accompanied my friend Gregg who runs Baggage Freedom (A Luxury Baggage Transfer Service which covers Scotland's Premier 90 Mile walk across The West Highland Way) to the Drovers Inn Invernan. This is believed to be genuinely haunted in particular room 6 (This is from my friend who has spoken to the owner today 23/04/18)

Gregg 23/04/18 (Baggage Freedom)
Was speaking to the guy who runs it
Said room 6 genuinely is haunted

A wee girl died down near the river
And apparently people see her waving at them throughout the building but mainly from room 6 also a tall lanky bloke has been spotted a lot but they not sure about him
He said people actually come down on the morning from room 6 with glazed eyes because they can’t believe what they have seen throughout the night.
I told them about the drone Flying away from the building on its own They were freaking out

What Happened to the DJI Air at the Drovers Inn?

With my friend Gregg we drove into the car park overlooking the Drovers. Conditions were perfect, no wind.

I set up the DJI Air and did every check, there was no calibration required and 15 satelites available. I sent it up to eye level and it hovered for a couple of minutes. I landed it and it responded the way we all know.

It was safe, without a doubt I set it up as soon as it was level with the upper rooms of the drover something incredible happened. I had no control and it flew towards the river mere yards away (Exactly where people said there was a young girl drowned and is often seen waving to visitors). It completely stopped and hovered above the stream. I received a warning to recall the drone, I hit home and it still hovered, for a second time I hit home. The controls at last were responsive and it returned.

In all this was about 3 minutes but what freaked me out was the flight took place without any control from myself and it looked to be slow and controlled. My friend Gregg was right beside me when the Air flew I was not using the joysticks.

As an update I asked Gregg to stop further down the route and the Air was totally back to form flying impecabbly and landing with precision.

I respect every expert here as they have helped me on a few occasions. As far as flight records on my phone or video there is nothing not a piece just two witnesses who were totally freaked. So much so that my friend raised it with the owner (See above)
2018-4-23
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

I got chills from your story.
I don't even what to speculate what caused the problem.
Lets just say that it was a MA glitch and do not fly there any more.
Thanks for sharing
2018-4-23
Use props
Mel Mann
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Check your footage (very carefully)
2018-4-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Scary
2018-4-23
Use props
djiuser_q0w9k0fk8TAq
lvl.2
United Kingdom

The story has gone viral in Scotland the Scottish hill walking Forum has 42000 members on Facebook and people are sharing videos and scary experiences of the Drovers Inn. I was unaware that it was haunted but it has been there for centuries. I am going to visit and book in to room 6. The owner is up for me taking a 360 photograph but I need to consider the risks
2018-4-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well I'm glad to see the ghost likes drones by letting it return safely LOL. Quite a freaky little tale. The supernatural can be quite mind blowing if you let it in I guess.
2018-4-23
Use props
djiuser_q0w9k0fk8TAq
lvl.2
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-4-23 09:56
Well I'm glad to see the ghost likes drones by letting it return safely LOL. Quite a freaky little tale. The supernatural can be quite mind blowing if you let it in I guess.

I agree I have never experienced anything remotely supernatural and the fact it happened to a phenomenal piece of engineering really affected me.

This is from someone who has a channel with 90% film on the Mountains of Scotland and the low levels. High terrain and beautiful Valleys. Not one problem, just fantastic performance and incredible footage.

I cannot explain what happened, I am flying every single day
2018-4-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_q0w9k0fk8TAq Posted at 2018-4-23 10:04
I agree I have never experienced anything remotely supernatural and the fact it happened to a phenomenal piece of engineering really affected me.

This is from someone who has a channel with 90% film on the Mountains of Scotland and the low levels. High terrain and beautiful Valleys. Not one problem, just fantastic performance and incredible footage.

In all seriousness mate - these things can have a profound effect on your mind if you let it affect you. Easier to put it down to a gust of wind, be thankful that it came back and try to forget about it. As B1H said - 'do not fly there anymore'. I'm sure it's just a freak coincidence my friend and nothing to lose sleep over.
2018-4-23
Use props
djiuser_q0w9k0fk8TAq
lvl.2
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-4-23 10:12
In all seriousness mate - these things can have a profound effect on your mind if you let it affect you. Easier to put it down to a gust of wind, be thankful that it came back and try to forget about it. As B1H said - 'do not fly there anymore'. I'm sure it's just a freak coincidence my friend and nothing to lose sleep over.

I agree with you but if a feather had dropped it would have been straight to the ground I had my wind monitor with me and it was flat calm. The Drover is in a low Valley under Ben Glass. As they say the silence was deafening. I cannot explain what happened. I swear to you I usually dismiss these kinds of stories but this was genuinely freaky
2018-4-23
Use props
djiuser_q0w9k0fk8TAq
lvl.2
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-4-23 09:56

I am just a normal guy that has never experienced anything supernatural but I believe something exists within the Drovers Inn that cannot be explained look it up online Drovers Inn Scotland
2018-4-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_q0w9k0fk8TAq Posted at 2018-4-23 10:20
I am just a normal guy that has never experienced anything supernatural but I believe something exists within the Drovers Inn that cannot be explained look it up online Drovers Inn Scotland

I already have mate - poor girl and a very sad story. Best to leave it at that...
2018-4-23
Use props
djiuser_q0w9k0fk8TAq
lvl.2
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-4-23 10:25
I already have mate - poor girl and a very sad story. Best to leave it at that...

Thanks for posting there will be a lot of people who will see this and will be skeptical but some things just cannot be explained. I had no pre knowledge of the Drovers being haunted or the extent. Only now with all the stories and experiences from people I am realizing the history and links to the supernatural that exist. The owner on a daily basis is scratched, bruised and punched. I just spoke to Gregg from Baggage Freedom he is there every day and the owner has some stories to tell. I will meet him and this story is not finished. I will stay in room 6 and I will fly the DJI Mavic Air again at the location with some ground cameras
2018-4-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_q0w9k0fk8TAq Posted at 2018-4-23 10:42
Thanks for posting there will be a lot of people who will see this and will be skeptical but some things just cannot be explained. I had no pre knowledge of the Drovers being haunted or the extent. Only now with all the stories and experiences from people I am realizing the history and links to the supernatural that exist. The owner on a daily basis is scratched, bruised and punched. I just spoke to Gregg from Baggage Freedom he is there every day and the owner has some stories to tell. I will meet him and this story is not finished. I will stay in room 6 and I will fly the DJI Mavic Air again at the location with some ground cameras

I think you need to do it again and get it on record. Post it on here too - that would be cool - even if nothing extraordinary happens. If it does happen again in the same way then... get the hell out of there asap and sell the footage!  
2018-4-23
Use props
djiuser_q0w9k0fk8TAq
lvl.2
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-4-23 10:47
I think you need to do it again and get it on record. Post it on here too - that would be cool - even if nothing extraordinary happens. If it does happen again in the same way then... get the hell out of there asap and sell the footage!

We are planning to do it again but get this we are planning to stay in room 6 and do a live video  to my channel. In the morning after the live feed from the room I aim to fly the drone on a live feed from my Youtube channel WeeAirDrone.  Wish me luck I will post the details on this channel as an exclusive. My friend Gregg who operates Baggage Freedom delivering bags across the West Highland Way will be staying in room 6 and monitoring the cameras
2018-4-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_q0w9k0fk8TAq Posted at 2018-4-23 11:23
We are planning to do it again but get this we are planning to stay in room 6 and do a live video  to my channel. In the morning after the live feed from the room I aim to fly the drone on a live feed from my Youtube channel WeeAirDrone.  Wish me luck I will post the details on this channel as an exclusive

Cool          
2018-4-23
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Wow Spooky story and Another place to add to my ..... as long as my a** still points downwards never to visit places.
2018-4-23
Use props
djiuser_q0w9k0fk8TAq
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Me too I need some brave pills this is a big adventure I am going back with my WeeAirDrone
2018-4-23
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Did it get cold when it was drifting out of control !!
2018-4-23
Use props
djiuser_q0w9k0fk8TAq
lvl.2
United Kingdom

QuadKid Posted at 2018-4-23 13:00
Did it get cold when it was drifting out of control !!

It didn't get cold in fact the temperature was fine, no change whatsoever. This post seems weird as i am used to commenting on pretty straight forward issues. I just had a gut feeling when the Air was flying that I was not in control. This was different because the guys on here have been brilliant at ensuring that when I fly the drone I am so careful and I follow safe practice. I am testing and retesting, following stringent pre tests checks. I am a skeptic when it comes to   issues like this but I am definitely going back to re test.
2018-4-23
Use props
Expedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149613 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Great, next thing what will happen is “haunted areas or areas where people could possibly have died under shady circumstances” will be added to the absurd long list of no fly zones here in germany right  next to nature reserve parks where everybody can let his dog run around sh#t and hunt what the doggies like to but hey never bother the poor nature or even ghosts with our  evil loud and dangerous drones
2018-4-23
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

djiuser_q0w9k0fk8TAq Posted at 2018-4-23 13:16
It didn't get cold in fact the temperature was fine, no change whatsoever. This post seems weird as i am used to commenting on pretty straight forward issues. I just had a gut feeling when the Air was flying that I was not in control. This was different because the guys on here have been brilliant at ensuring that when I fly the drone I am so careful and I follow safe practice. I am testing and retesting, following stringent pre tests checks. I am a skeptic when it comes to   issues like this but I am definitely going back to re test.

Many people who have experienced paranormal activity express a feeling of cold or the instantaneous drop in temperature by 10-20°, that's why I mentioned it, nothing to do with the operation of the MA. Lots of haunted places in the UK being as historic as it is.
2018-4-23
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

You'll have to excuse my skepticism when you mention your Youtube channel friend...
2018-4-23
Use props
djiuser_q0w9k0fk8TAq
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-4-23 14:13
You'll have to excuse my skepticism when you mention your Youtube channel friend...

I know absolutely right a shameless plug and I apologize but I'm still looking forward to going back and getting scared witless. I'm  going to see how long I can last in room 6. Cheers for your comment I'm skeptical too, who knows what happened to the drone it could have been a one off situation (Some kind of interference).

The Drovers is thought to be haunted I have never seen a ghost to my knowledge in my life. I want to go back replicate the flight and stay in the room. Hopefully share it with you guys. I honestly don't know if a live feed is possible as it is in a valley surrounded by mountains.

However if anything strange happens I promise to do a follow up thread and share the experience with you (Drone Footage) There is no pressure to search out the channel as I love this forum and the support you get here so I will always support other enthusiasts and post on here.
2018-4-23
Use props
djiuser_q0w9k0fk8TAq
lvl.2
United Kingdom

QuadKid Posted at 2018-4-23 13:52
Many people who have experienced paranormal activity express a feeling of cold or the instantaneous drop in temperature by 10-20°, that's why I mentioned it, nothing to do with the operation of the MA. Lots of haunted places in the UK being as historic as it is.

I know but in all honesty there was no change in temperature outside I cant explain what happened that's why I need to go back and replicate the flight under the same conditions (No wind) I will hopefully stay in room 6 overnight. I am skeptical about all of this as i said in another post I have never to my knowledge seen a ghost or experienced the paranormal.
2018-4-23
Use props
djiuser_q0w9k0fk8TAq
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Expedia Posted at 2018-4-23 13:25
Great, next thing what will happen is “haunted areas or areas where people could possibly have died under shady circumstances” will be added to the absurd long list of no fly zones here in germany right  next to nature reserve parks where everybody can let his dog run around sh#t and hunt what the doggies like to but hey never bother the poor nature or even ghosts with our  evil loud and dangerous drones

Thanks that is true my noisy drone could wake up the dead I'm so lucky in Scotland as the authorities are very cool when it comes to flying around the beautiful scenery. I have met lots of Germans travelling the West Highland Way (Just so beautiful) I met some of your fellow country men at the Lost Valley Glencoe last Saturday.

The various mountains like Ben Lomond offer fantastic viewpoints and wonderful opportunities to film fantastic scenes. Conic Hill at Balmaha is breath taking in the early morning.  I will come to Germany and will always consult the people on the Forum like yourself about the rules of flying a drone. Thanks so much for your point it was fun and I agree with you entirely
2018-4-23
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

Mel Mann Posted at 2018-4-23 09:38
Check your footage (very carefully)

This is how The Ring starts IRL...someone asks to watch the footage!
2018-4-23
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

BOO!
2018-4-24
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Would love to see that flightrecord file...
2018-4-24
Use props
djiuser_q0w9k0fk8TAq
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ha ha you got me there buddy
2018-4-24
Use props
djiuser_q0w9k0fk8TAq
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Bokepacha Posted at 2018-4-23 23:28
This is how The Ring starts IRL...someone asks to watch the footage!

I know that's true and so spooky
2018-4-24
Use props
Acenspades
lvl.3
United States

nothing personal, but i call bull$#!T. no video, no believe
2018-4-25
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1672566 ft
Russia

I agree, if "there was no calibration required and 15 satelites available" and that was not a dream then there should be a flight record on the phone (sometimes it requires "refreshing" SD card to see it).
2018-4-25
Use props
PedalingDuo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31896 ft
United States

Great story.  I would fly there every day.  Hope that you get some good video and thanks for keeping the forum 'lively'.
2018-4-25
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Now we need video to prove this story.  Very interesting.
2018-4-25
Use props
djiuser_q0w9k0fk8TAq
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-4-25 17:08
Now we need video to prove this story.  Very interesting.

I found the footage and will upload it so that you can take a look
2018-4-25
Use props
djiuser_q0w9k0fk8TAq
lvl.2
United Kingdom

PedalingDuo Posted at 2018-4-25 16:26
Great story.  I would fly there every day.  Hope that you get some good video and thanks for keeping the forum 'lively'.

Thanks so much I managed to retrieve the video and I will post it on here
2018-4-25
Use props
djiuser_q0w9k0fk8TAq
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Acenspades Posted at 2018-4-25 12:36
nothing personal, but i call bull$#!T. no video, no believe

I have found the video and I will post it on here
2018-4-25
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

Good story and advert for baggage freedom... :-)
2018-4-26
Use props
djiuser_q0w9k0fk8TAq
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Tomcatuk Posted at 2018-4-26 00:42
Good story and advert for baggage freedom... :-)

A shameless plug for baggage freedom but....

https://www.droversinn.co.uk/about-us/ghosts/
2018-4-26
Use props
djiuser_q0w9k0fk8TAq
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Guys just pulling the footage together from the Haunted Drone story but this is the place I filmed and it is worth having a look before you judge the film it is only my word and my witness but this explains a bit about the Drovers Inn

https://www.droversinn.co.uk/about-us/ghosts/
2018-4-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules