My 3 Mavic Air batteries discharged in 2 days without flying !
50219 14 2018-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Looic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36755 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,

I am the lucky owner of a Mavic Air (Fly more combo pack) since 2 weeks. Three first flight went without any issue.

This weekend, I decided to charge my 3 batteries with the provided charging hub. I let the charger let its job. After some hours, all 3 batteries and the remote were 100% charged on Sunday evening. They were stored in my drone bag.

Now, I plugged in one battery for a test flight. No issue with the remote. However DJI Go 4 showed the Mavic battery was 35% charged (1 led out of 4). In addition, I had a "low temperature" warning (I live in France and current temp is 20°C).

I tried another one. Same level of battery. All my 3 batteries were charged 1 led out of 4.

Any idea on what's wrong ?

Thank you,
Loic.

2018-4-24
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

You aren’t storing them in the refrigerator, right? Did you leave the batteries turned on? Are you 100 percent sure they were actually charged 2 days ago? Mavic Air batteries only discharge themselves after 10 days and it’s only to about 60 percent. 3 batteries failing in the exact same way at the same time just doesn’t happen.
2018-4-24
Use props
Looic
lvl.1
France

Hi,

No, nor in the fridge, nor I don't live in Siberia.

I will re-charge them and take a photo of them once they got charged, to be sure. I understand having 3 batteries that have the same "issue" is surprising, so I will keep an eye on it.

Looic.
2018-4-24
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

I'm not 100% sure but isn't there an option to change the time, when the batteries discharge themselves? Maybe you accidently changed that to 3 days in your DJI Go App. Check it.

By the way, I am new here. Where can I change it so it says my flight distance at my profile on the left? (and my country? I can't find it anywhere)
2018-4-24
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

saviour Posted at 2018-4-24 04:26
I'm not 100% sure but isn't there an option to change the time, when the batteries discharge themselves? Maybe you accidently changed that to 3 days in your DJI Go App. Check it.

To have flight distance shown you have to Sync your flights from your device to your DJI account. The Mavic Air has a battery discharge time of 10 days, there is currently no way to change that as on  other models. Your Country is showing my fellow American. And a welcome to the forum to ya!
2018-4-24
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

QuadKid Posted at 2018-4-24 04:36
To have flight distance shown you have to Sync your flights from your device to your DJI account. The Mavic Air has a battery discharge time of 10 days, there is currently no way to change that as on  other models. Your Country is showing my fellow American. And a welcome to the forum to ya!

Weird, I remember reading somewhere that you can change the time span from when the batteries discharge. I've got to double check that.

Where can I sync my flights with my account? Inside the app?
Yes, it says I am american even though I am from Germany, lol.
2018-4-24
Use props
nywrecker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 832421 ft
United States

saviour Posted at 2018-4-24 04:42
Weird, I remember reading somewhere that you can change the time span from when the batteries discharge. I've got to double check that.

Where can I sync my flights with my account? Inside the app?

To sync your flights, open the DJi Go 4 app, click ME (lower right), click Flight Records and then click the little cloud icon with sync arrows  (upper right). Select the time span you want to sync.
2018-4-24
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Are you using the Charger that came with your MA I take it?  Do you have another charger to test with?  
2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Looic, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Please used the charger that came with the Mavic air to charge for the batteries again, if there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.
2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

QuadKid Posted at 2018-4-24 04:36
To have flight distance shown you have to Sync your flights from your device to your DJI account. The Mavic Air has a battery discharge time of 10 days, there is currently no way to change that as on  other models. Your Country is showing my fellow American. And a welcome to the forum to ya!

Yes, the discharge time of the Mavic air battery is 10 days.
2018-4-24
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

I have one new battery completed charging. After I upgraded firmware with it only 30% power left. Recharge again and no issue after. MA battery reported has issues with power display. This problem has fixed by firmware upgrade. You need to upgrade firmware for every battery.
2018-4-24
Use props
Looic
lvl.1
France

Thank you you for your answer. That's probably why the DJI app asked me to install new firmware several times.

Is there a way to check battery firmware versions?

FYI yesterday no issue after a 35 min flight with 2 batteries.

Let's check in the following days.
2018-4-24
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

You need to put battery in MA and connect to DJI assistant 2 to check and upgrade firmware. Need to do this process for every battery!
2018-4-24
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

saviour Posted at 2018-4-24 04:26

In MA you cannot change the time when the batteries discharge. That's for the Pro, as I was told in this forum.
2018-4-25
Use props
fans9c228cc2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111906 ft

Australia

Looic Posted at 2018-4-24 03:59
Hi,

No, nor in the fridge, nor I don't live in Siberia.

ensure batteries are off !! press rtwice watch dots roll down and go out
2021-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules