Is your Phantom 3 DOA?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rocejo
New

United States

I received my Phantom 3 recently. I "was" excited to take it out for a flight. I charged the controller and the smart battery. Eventually that finished and I was stoked!. So I downloaded the new Phantom Pilot App (Version 1.1.1.) via the iOS store. I turned on the Phantom and then the controller followed by the app. Nothing happenened. The status of the application on the top center while opened indicated "Disconnected". I then tried turning on the controller first this time around followed by the Phantom 3 and then the app. Nothing, same result. I then realized, well maybe I need to update the firmware on the Phantom 3. I proceeded to do that and successfully updated the firmware on the Phantom 3 and the controller. I repeated the previous steps and again, I still have "Disconnected" on the top center. I may note that the controller is in fact linked to the Phantom as I am able to move the camera up and down on the Phantom 3 via the controller. However, that's as much as I can do. I've tried my iPhone 6 and my iPad Mini both running on the iOS 8.3. I've tried 3 seperate OEM lightning / USB cables and nothing as well. Another thing worth mentioning is that upon connect either my iPhone or iPad the USB connection itself continues to reset. What I mean by this is the the individual device (iPhone or iPad) continues to ask me whether or not I want to "trust" the device I am connecting. Pretty straightforward, of course I select "trust". However, a few seconds after I select trust it ask me again if I want to trust the device. This loop seems to occur several times a minute. I contacted the 24/7 chat and they have been unable to provide and explanation for what is going on. In the meantime, I have a $1,000 paperweight!

Comments?

2015-5-9
Use props
tchavalas
lvl.4

United States

Sorry to hear about your trouble.  You might want to try deleting the app from your iOS device and then re download & install it.

Just a suggestion...  Hope you find success soon.
2015-5-9
Use props
lassek
lvl.1

Germany

Did you put the usb cable into the rc and your mobile device? I stood at the beach today (after flying twelve batteries with the P3) and waited for the "disconnected" to disappear. After 2 min. i realized, that my brain might have been fallen back  into P2 Mode, waiting for the wifi...
2015-5-9
Use props
Boogieman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5611893 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does the battery icon in top say not charging?  Im asking this to see if it is even sending anything to the ipad
2015-5-9
Use props
chrisongtj
lvl.1

Singapore

Sounds like your phone USB port is faulty, if it keeps asking you if you trust this connection suggesting repeated disconnects.

Try cleaning the port.
Also check the SD card to see if it updates with the status of upgrade in the txt file.
Borrow a different phone to try.
2015-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules