Weak signal and number of bars
562 7 2018-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb81208c1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22841 ft
United States

As a newby with my Mavic Pro, I am curious on how far out I can fly before I get a weak signal, Usually, I begin my flight with 5 bars then once it gets down to 3 bars I will turn back out of caution. So, my question is...at what point (bars) should I become concerned and how fast will my signal  deteriorate beyond 3 bars?  Thanks,

2018-4-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s not always the case that signal will continue to weaken, it just depends the area your flying over at that particular time, does it have higher interference etc, in ideal conditions your Mavic Pro can fly 4 miles under FCC , Mavic has a pretty reliable signal it can jump right back up from 3 to 5 once interference is gone.
Once you lose signal your aircraft will return home. Just two things to remember 1/ how much battery you have left, and even more important how much wind is out there, always particularly when testing distance make sure you start mission upwind, Mavic Pro is particularly slow into a headwind.
2018-4-25
Use props
fansb81208c1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22841 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-25 12:40
It’s not always the case that signal will continue to weaken, it just depends the area your flying over at that particular time, does it have higher interference etc, in ideal conditions your Mavic Pro can fly 4 miles under FCC , Mavic has a pretty reliable signal it can jump right back up from 3 to 5 once interference is gone.
Once you lose signal your aircraft will return home. Just two things to remember 1/ how much battery you have left, and even more important how much wind is out there, always particularly when testing distance make sure you start mission upwind, Mavic Pro is particularly slow into a headwind.

Thanks for the info.  This might be a stupid question, but what is FCC?
2018-4-25
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10368153 ft
Canada

yes thank you for the info
2018-4-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fansb81208c1 Posted at 2018-4-25 12:54

FCC certification is required for radio frequency devices in the United States. It sets limits on on intentional and unintentional electromagnetic radiation to protect the electromagnetic spectrum.

CE is a compliance scheme imposed by Europe. It also has requirements for the protection of the electromagnetic spectrum, but the requirements include other aspects such as the protection of the consumer and in some cases the environment.

In US you can fly almost twice as far under FCC as we can in Europe under CE, so be thankful for that.
2018-4-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-25 12:40
It’s not always the case that signal will continue to weaken, it just depends the area your flying over at that particular time, does it have higher interference etc, in ideal conditions your Mavic Pro can fly 4 miles under FCC , Mavic has a pretty reliable signal it can jump right back up from 3 to 5 once interference is gone.

Useful information, thanks for sharing.
2018-4-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-25 13:09
FCC certification is required for radio frequency devices in the United States. It sets limits on on intentional and unintentional electromagnetic radiation to protect the electromagnetic spectrum.

CE is a compliance scheme imposed by Europe. It also has requirements for the protection of the electromagnetic spectrum, but the requirements include other aspects such as the protection of the consumer and in some cases the environment.

2018-4-25
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansb81208c1 Posted at 2018-4-25 12:54

Federal Communications Commission

fcc.gov

2018-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules