Which is the Throttle Stick?
7668 13 2018-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

The manual frequently refers to the thottle stick, especially in regards to rth functions. Which is the throttle stick in Mode 2?
Thanks
2018-4-26
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

In Mode 2, you can increase/decrease the throttle by pressing the left stick up/down.
2018-4-26
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-4-26 20:07
In Mode 2, you can increase/decrease the throttle by pressing the left stick up/down.

Thanks msinger.
2018-4-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Glad to see you have found the answer. Feel free to ask if there is anything else we can help.
2018-4-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check page 24 of the manual
2018-4-26
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

Mode 3 is an individual mode i think. I use the mode 2
2018-4-27
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Ummm im suprised that a first officer in this forum doesnt know which is the throttle stick.
2018-4-27
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

That part does not answer the doubt from OP as there is no naming of the sticks function.
2018-4-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-27 00:58
That part does not answer the doubt from OP as there is no naming of the sticks function.

That is from the P3SE manual - latest version just taken from DJI downloads. It shows the OP where the throttle is in mode 2 (in answer to his specific question) and other options in case he wishes, or others reading, wish to know the other modes - which is why I presume it's in the manual.
2018-4-27
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

A CW Posted at 2018-4-27 01:06
That is from the P3SE manual - latest version just taken from DJI downloads. It shows the OP where the throttle is in mode 2 (in answer to his specific question) and other options in case he wishes, or others reading, wish to know the other modes - which is why I presume it's in the manual.

Only when you're familiar with the terms as the names is not listed in the manual at the page you refer to, only the response you get.
It would be obvious to think left stick up/down would be the Elevator and right stick up/down the Throttle when you see those names referred around.
2018-4-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-27 01:26
Only when you're familiar with the terms as the names is not listed in the manual at the page you refer to, only the response you get.
It would be obvious to think left stick up/down would be the Elevator and right stick up/down the Throttle when you see those names referred around.

Really? LOL I think the simplicity of the instructions given by DJI here are designed for teenagers to comprehend - I'm sure the OP knows that 'up' means the drone will rise in altitude which is effectively the throttle.
2018-4-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I agree with the OP and KedDK - the names of the sticks are confusing.  The more you think about it, the dumber they seem.  But it's not DJI's fault because the names of the Mode X RC sticks had been in place already.  The names may be due to the early popularity of fixed wing RC where the stick names make more sense.  

http://www.crashtesthobby.com/up ... 612/8486182.jpg?932

2018-4-27
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer

Wasn't trying to create a controversy, LOL. For me it was a matter of semantics. Since both sticks accelerate the ac forward, backwards, right, left ,and up and down, the question in my mind as a fixed wing flyer since  1975, which was considered the throttle stick for the P3.
2018-4-27
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

In  effect there is no dedicated throttle stick as both sticks in all directions cause throttle change.

To slide left ... both left motors must maintain lift but bot right motors must speed up enough to tilt AC so it slides left. And vice versa.

Forward and back has similar ....

The only one that has all 4 motors synch'd for increase / decrease is the vertical movement of left stick to gain / lose altitude.

So nearest to fixed wing would be Left vertical movement stick is throttle - with  other movements / stick also having a small share of the throttle function.

Nigel
2018-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules