Connection issue during PH2 Assistant
858 5 2015-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
onesmoothhead
lvl.1

United States

I read everything on the Forum semi related to the problem.  But I still have no connection.  I am also using the USB under the rubber flap and not on the camera.

I hope you all can help me with a slight problem? It seems my Windows 8 machine does not want to recognize, the USB connection when I try to connect. I am wanting to adjust my setting as recommended and can not get in what so ever.  I have installed and uninstalled and restarted and installed multiple times the following: DJI_WIN_Driver_Installer, Phantom_2_Installer_v3.8, and RC_System_Installer_v1.2. Once everything is installed I never get a notification light in the bottom left corner and when I click the Phantom Button at the top I get the message "connect to the controller", which to me means the Phantom main controller and not the RC.  If I am wrong on this stuff please guide me in the correct direction.  Any ideas, or will I need to find a Win 7 or Vista Machine? Would a USB hub trick Window 8?  Thanks in advance and sorry I had to introduce this way.   Sorry for the long post and thank you in advance for any assistance.

2015-5-9
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Sound like you are having a Windows 8 driver th USB issue. There are a couple of things to try. One is to go to the control panel then to hardware and sound, then to devices and printer. Select device manager and open it. Scroll to Human interface devices. Look for a line item that says HID-compliant  wireless radio controls. Right click on it and have it uninstall. Then go back to DJI and download the windows 8 driver and install it agai. See if it ask you to hook to the MC if do turn on the RC Nad be plugged into your birds USB and turn on the battery. All should go well.
If that did not work then select another USB port on the PC and try again. Hope this helps. No warranty expressed or implies. (Grin)
2015-5-10
Use props
onesmoothhead
lvl.1

United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-5-10 20:27
Sound like you are having a Windows 8 driver th USB issue. There are a couple of things to try. One  ...

Roy, you are right on top of the issue.  I did as explained with excellent instructions and all is perfect.  I have connection and performed and update as needed. Thank you again.  Kevin
2015-5-10
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

You are certainly welcome. Enjoy flying!
2015-5-10
Use props
alexishrrr
New

United States

You saved the life of my DJI, I was looking all over without a solution, the reason why my pc wasn't recognize my transmitter or my DJI, now thanks to this post and your answer, my problem is solved, thank you very much Roy
2015-6-22
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

You are certainly welcome, users helping users is the name of the game. Enjoy flying!
2015-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules