3045 18 2015-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heliflo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8885013 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Just noticed, that every time after powering up the inspire, comming home altitude is set to ZERO! again.
So, you have to enter a reasonable altitude every time before taking off!

Hope DJI will resolve this issue verry soon....
2015-5-10
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Anyone tested what the craft is doing if set to 0 ?

1) Make sure no obstructions within 30 meters
2) Set altitude RTH (example: 20m)
3) Power off platform
4) Power on platform
5) Check if RTH altitude 0 or not. (Even if 0, do not change anything)
6) Fly out +/-20 meters and hover at 2 meter altitude
7) Hit the RTH button
7) Look careful how high it goes up before return home kicks in.

I suspect it's a (minor) bug in the app.
The bird remember your last setting, but gives you wrong info after power up.

Correct me if i am wrong.
2015-5-10
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

I've  Tested that theory in the flight sim. If you set the RTH to whatever you want it to be then fly in the sim it works correctly. Turning off your iPad will reset the number you entered in RTH will now be zero. Nothing shown in the box. If you the fly it and press the RTH button it will return per your original number you had entered. So in the flight sim it works even though it is showing nothing in the box. I have not flown yet due to weather, however I agree that the I1 remembers your original input, it just does not show.it.
2015-5-10
Use props
glasbreekt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136644 ft

Netherlands

yesterday updated but stood still on 30m where i set it on
2015-5-10
Use props
keithh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22395 ft
United States

I tested sim with RTH alt set to 35m. I flew out about 50ft at 40ft alt, when i hit the rth button it tried to land right where it was. No climb to 35m. climb back up and manually landed at home. Set the RTH to 100M and flew out 50 or 75 ft, Hit ht the rth and it tried to land right where is was. No climb to rth altitude just came straight down. Did lower the gear. I don't think I'm going to risk flying till DJI fixes this problem.
2015-5-10
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

What tablet are you testing with.  I am using an iPad mini 2 and I have the latest update.  When checking what the default settings is, mine says 20 meters not 0.
2015-5-10
Use props
chris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 242247 ft
United States

RTH Alt and all other settings remained the same as before the update on mine, no changes needed.
2015-5-10
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

Where you using an Android or iPad? Was told the Android was working on the RTH and the iOS was not. Mine is iOS.
2015-5-10
Use props
Flight 1
lvl.2

Australia

keithh Posted at 2015-5-10 22:32
I tested sim with RTH alt set to 35m. I flew out about 50ft at 40ft alt, when i hit the rth button i ...

In the sim when you use RTH on the pad the zero in the window has set to the highest alt you flew.and returns to home at that alt. If you fly lower than the alt set in the failsafe it will climb to that alt and RTH. Thats what mine is doing on IOS air. While flying in the sim bring up the RTH window on the pad and you will see the RTH value changing according to the alt you are flying. I hope that makes sense.
2015-5-10
Use props
Yapstrapper
lvl.2

United States

Ok so I'm writing this as I run a few tests
1. start bird and app same time, max altitude was set to 0 for RTH so was max flight altitude
2. shut everything down restarted RC and app waited till all was up and running checked both were at 0, started bird and max flight altitude changed to 120 and RTH altitude changed to 20.
3. Changed RTH altitude to 30 and shut down everything.  Restarted and again everything to 0, restarted the bird and everything changed to were it should be the max flight altitude was at 120 and the RTH at 30 were I had set it.
4. Deleted the app on the Ipad then reloaded it and tested with same results, when I restarted the bird the max flight altitude changed to 120 but the RTH altitude changed to 30 as I had previously set it.
So my conclusion at this point is that I will still check it every time till I am sure it stays the same but will always make sure the RC and app are up before starting the bird.
2015-5-10
Use props
Flight 1
lvl.2

Australia

Yapstrapper Posted at 2015-5-11 06:18
1. start bird and app same time, max altitude was set to ...

Looks like to me Dudee is right. A bug in the app. The bird knows what to do but the app's not telling us.
2015-5-10
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Flight 1 Posted at 2015-5-11 07:17
Looks like to me Dudee is right. A bug in the app. The bird knows what to do but the app's not tel ...

Mine returns to the same number I have it set at ,this feature has been the same with all of my previous firmware versions and the latest as well .... I've had zero problems after my latest test fly with the RTH set altitude staying put after several take offs and landings using RTH several times on three battery's .
2015-5-10
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Have both tablets ios and android ......Ios app using a ipad mini  resets the failsafe every time you power the tablet or air craft off..
The android app using a galaxy 4 tablet has no issues fail safe settings stay the same..

Dji has to fix this fast it CANT BE HARDWARE DOING THIS.
If you use the IOS app and it dumps this failsafe setting buh bye bird if you hit the RTH ..You trust this app or Firmware ?? Not me.
Huge liability !!!!!!!!!!!!

Really sucks to reset the failsafe altitude every time you power up the ios app. I do leave the app running in the back ground and let the tablet go to sleep and it does hold the setting then and only then.
This pre flight list is getting freaking exhausting. Mines longer than the unibombers manifesto!!!
The Pv2+ was so much easier and trust worthy.
Not to mention 1/5th the cost of the inspire with all the batts etc..
P3 is looking more attractive for ease of use that's for sure but god knows once you buy that there is a p4 out...

If they roll out a inspire 2 before all these issues are cleared up,and ground station isnt released Im gonna be super pissed!!
Most likely along with the rest of you as well.

30 ft extension pole,and a hero4 on a 3 axis gimbal =350+Go pro.
And it always returns home..lol

DJI ...I want to trust this aircraft and your not making this easy please address these issues asap ..TY.
2015-5-10
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Yapstrapper Posted at 2015-5-11 06:18
1. start bird and app same time, max altitude was set to ...

I think you gents have hit it on the head.
2015-5-10
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

dundee Posted at 2015-5-10 17:42
Anyone tested what the craft is doing if set to 0 ?

1) Make sure no obstructions within 30 meters

BINGO!!! and field shows 0
Whats next ?? )
God only knows.

lol
2015-5-10
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

This behavior (see member Yapstrapper point 3) is normal.

The data (altitude to fly home) is kept in the memory of the craft.
The app can NOT read this data if the craft is not powered on.

Make this test:
1) Switch on Remote+start app.
2) Reading of RTH = 0
3) Switch on the craft. After a few seconds the app should display your last setting.
    If so, nothing to worry about.
4) Switch off Remote controller.
5) Reading of RTH = 0
6) Switch on Remote controller.
7) After a few seconds the app should display your last setting.
    If so, nothing to worry about.

Conclusion:
Is this a bug ? yes (but minor)

Something to worry about ? NO
There would already been many reports of RTH failure due to wrong altitude.
This is not the case up to now.
DJI for sure would hit the alarmbell. Thrust me on that.

2015-5-11
Use props
keithh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22395 ft
United States

I stand corrected. Yapstrapper and dundee are correct. I wasn't giving the RC/app enough time go get the settings. Also when the RTH stated it would return at 0.0 that concerned me. The times that RTH in the sim didn't work I must have failed to set Home.
Also smcbrearty, I'm using an iPad Air.
2015-5-11
Use props
adot
lvl.1

United States

I have been testing the RTH over some local farms. With the crashes reported I guess I am babying my phantom3. I had a phantom 2 vision and currently have a SJ1000 which I never had a problem with at all. I am just worried about 1300 going to waste. After saying that, I have also noticed it is set to 0 every time. I usually set it to 20-40 so I can get above any trees. (If it hits a building its my fault for flying near one.) After about 10 RTH runs from various distances(longest out to 1200ft) each time it worked just like it was supposed to. Which makes me feel better about it. I have about 20 flights with it and not a hint of problems. So I am building more and more confidence in it.
2015-5-13
Use props
prgaudreau
New

United States

I have the same problems with the RTH setting being retained after I installed the update. I have an additional issue in that the Advanced Settings no longer show the roll, pitch,yaw and IMU sections. NOt happy! I also hope the software is updated very quickly!
2015-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules