Bad quality video's and images (not sharp and blurry spots)
20953 21 2015-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bedkopen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1120623 ft
Netherlands

Thuesday 5 may I bought a Phantom 3 Professional with the 4K camera.
Two weeks before I sold my Phantom 2 Plus (with the build-on camera)
Thuesday 5 may I made the first test flight after update the firmware, read the manual etc.
At home when looking at the images en video's I was very disappointed.
Some places in de video's en images are blur and far from sharp.
Wednesday I mailed immediately the shop where I bought the P3P
The anwer was to send a email with samples or come to the shop to look at it
Saturday 9 may I was at the shop 15 minutes after openingtime
I showed them the quality of the P3P video's and images
The shop said that the saw the blur but also said the couldn't do anything about it
The also said the that is normal and said that maybe I did something wrong
I told them all the setting where on auto en I also showed some similar video's and images made with my P2+,
where the quality was much more better than that of the P3P.
It is normal dat one would expect, specially after the marketing round the Phantom 3,
the functionality and quality are better than the ancestors and not less.
I was so disappointed that I wanted to bring the P3P back to the store
The shop asked me to do some more testing.
I did some more testing on sunday 10 may with the same disappointed results.
I realy going to bring my P3P back to the shop for a refund, unless this specially P3P is not in order and I can exchange this P3P for a new one

(Yes I use the latest firmware, the lens is clean, ect)

Are there more P3P or P3A users with problems with the video en image quality?
2015-5-10
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

Mine is perfect. No app disconnects. Great quality. I would play with iso and shutter speed. I am using a Samsung note edge and a galaxy tab 3. Are you having video and still problems? Post some pics so wet can evaluate. Thanks.
2015-5-10
Use props
bedkopen
lvl.2
Netherlands

Thank you for the response.
I see all the great pictures en video's, so I now how it should be.
I will make tomorrow (Monday) some pictures which I wil upload
Hereby already one video: http://youtu.be/KEtBuOxSHE0
2015-5-10
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

bedkopen@planet Posted at 2015-5-11 03:56
I wi ...

Did you remove the plastic protection film from the lens?
2015-5-11
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

bedkopen@planet Posted at 2015-5-11 03:56
I wi ...

I fail to see the problem.

It looks to me as being motionblur. Thats - in a way - a good thing... Sadly you didn't include a part of the video with the P3 holding still. But you are stopping in the last second in your video.
Here is a screenshot from your video (it has been thru YouTube, I downloaded it (in 1440p) and play it on my Macbook Pro Retina 2880x1800 screen at 1680x1050-"look" so the image is 3360x2100 but thats not the original size AND I had to compress it to a jpg under 1mb, so just beware )

Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 17.29.19.jpg

You were still in motion. It appears to be after sunset so the light is not super bright. And motion and grass is the worst for a compressed video as the 60mb 4K stream from the P3Pro. But I actually think the grass looks fine in your video. The video does not 'break apart' at it can if going fast over grass with more detail.

I think it looks fine. I'm not sure what you're expecting to comparing it to. Try taking a photo with your mobile phone and compare with the same photo taken with the P3. The P3 is not a $3000 DSLR and a $1000 lens. It is more akin to a "flying Point-and-Shoot" camera, with a bunch of pro-options though, like shooting in RAW and LOG-color etc. to really push the maximum out of this little camera.
2015-5-11
Use props
royhall1234
New

United Kingdom

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-5-10 23:38
Mine is perfect. No app disconnects. Great quality. I would play with iso and shutter speed. I am us ...

can you tell me the iso and shutter speed settings you use please, my video are terrible on the p3p, will try and upload one for you
regards roy
2015-7-31
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

I guess you were using low shutter speeds and the image will look much softer this way. On a bright day you will get higher shutterspeeds which look sharper. The left and right sides are generally looking softer than the center, at least i could see that on 2 P3s however Its not extreme like seen with the yuneec Q500 4K
2015-7-31
Use props
Paniza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

Lighting is a can of worms.

One tip... when you are in the air, look for EV of the camera. Generally speaking, negative EV is too dark. Positive is too bright.

I do well when EV is between 0 and 1.

I normally do movies 24fps because of youtube and camera is set to iso 100/50.

if it is too bright, I add NF filters.

Cheers,

buydji.ca
2015-7-31
Use props
HolyDJ
New
Kuwait

Hi Bedkopen,

What happened with you. I have the same issue with my Phantom 3.
2015-8-2
Use props
surfi76
New

Switzerland

Hi did you had an aswer ?

Because same problem to me, actually I sold my P2 vison + and I am very desapointed about the poor quality of the picture.  I'm not sure it's a normal behaviour.

The P2 had a far best quality for picture.

Thanks for your help
2015-8-25
Use props
bedkopen
lvl.2
Netherlands

surfi76@gmail.c Posted at 2015-8-25 21:26
Hi did you had an aswer ?

Because same problem to me, actually I sold my P2 vison + and I am very d ...

The dealer saying that IT was normal, Because of the lens and not using the right settings.
This was not the case but The dealer make clear that bringing Back within the 10 dans bring Back waranty was not in ordert.  So I still have my p3p and IT look better but if that is realy the case i don't no for sure Because i can't compare anymore. Search forum PhantomPilots for best camera setting.
2015-9-2
Use props
HOHLV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3114 ft
United States

Hi All,
Any solution for this problem?
Go the same problem with my P3P, kind of disappointing to see the pictures and videos. I think the GoPro3 has much better image quality.
First I thought it was caused by the vibration, but then I had my my P3P sitting on the bench outside still give me blur images.
2015-9-13
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

Personally, I can't fault the video and photos taken with the P3pro. Once you are familiar with ISO, WB, Shutterspeed and use of ND / Polaroid Filters (as well as post-production techniques) - you'll be more than amazed at the final results! Happy learning
2015-9-13
Use props
HOHLV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3114 ft
United States

Phuglie Posted at 2015-9-13 20:33
Personally, I can't fault the video and photos taken with the P3pro. Once you are familiar with ISO, ...

Hmmm.. Blurry is blurry, yes you can fix it at post-production, but that is not the point.
As I stated before I had the camera on the bench, no movement at all. You are saying the ISO, WB and Shutter-speed can cause blurry. Oh come on... where you learned all these from?
2015-9-13
Use props
ckizer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 369177 ft
United States

Actually this is a problem with the lens of your Phantom camera. (not the UV filter). For the last 3 months lots of the DJI Phantom 3 models have been returned for this reason. I think the factory that makes the glass had a bad batch. My first P3P that had a flyaway had a perfect picture. DJI sold me a discounted replacement and the picture has blur through 50% of it. It totally ruins the point of the drone. It's really hard to point out to people on the internet. You will see it best in the uncompressed full resolution videos. It's so bad for me I can't enter any of the sky pixel competitions. Trust me you should get it replaced. Don't suffer.

For me I've owned a drone for 3 months. The first 45 days it was getting replaced by DJI. now they send me another faulty one and want me to send it back for months at at time. It's awful. I can't believe they can sell defective items and make me wait months for a replacement while it loses all it's value.

Buy from Amazon in the future so if there is a problem you can return it quickly.
2015-12-18
Use props
jonas.nyman
New

Sweden

I find that alot can be done with manual settings for the camera.

At videorecordning the auto setting works realy good, but to get good images, manual control of iso and shutterspeed must be used.

Here is an example, the first link is a image shot in "auto" the second link is using manual settings, alot more detail och sharper.

http://fileservice.sem.se/owncloud/index.php/s/6FzcX43sqyYwxqx

http://fileservice.sem.se/owncloud/index.php/s/LhpHiolWYDtIgVz
2016-2-14
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.3

New Zealand

Looks perfectly fine to me, no blur at all?

Can you post photos, because it is a lot easier to spot defects in an full size RAW image then the video.
2016-2-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Riley-NZL Posted at 2016-2-15 07:33
Looks perfectly fine to me, no blur at all?

Can you post photos, because it is a lot easier to spot ...

I don't think he is having a problem, other than replying to a very old thread.
2016-2-14
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.3

New Zealand

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-15 05:21
I don't think he is having a problem, other than replying to a very old thread.

Huh.... Whats with all these really old threads getting resurfaced lately
2016-2-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Riley-NZL Posted at 2016-2-15 08:49
Huh.... Whats with all these really old threads getting resurfaced lately

Dunno, and some of them are being replied to from the other DJI forums, like the one for the Inspire. The only reason I can think of is if people use the search feature, it returns results from all forums. Like you, I get caught out with them, so now I am carefully looking at the date before I reply.
2016-2-14
Use props
mnradilas
New

Indonesia

I have black dots and lines both on video or picture mode. is there anyway I can fix this?
2016-7-26
Use props
hyprfrco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10148 ft
Chile

Hello All,

Can you show me a photo of a ruler, taken with your drone camera, flying or static, showing the graduation marks?

For an application seeking for structural inspection at hardly accesible places in buildings, i am needing to see cracks and corrosion details; hence i am more interested in taking photos at 1m or less, rather than panoramic shots.

I went to a DJI store last friday, and I asked the sellers for some photo trials with their Phantom 4 Pro drone, under static conditions, and after setting several configurations for the ISO, Shutter, Aperture and White settings, we were unable to obtain a photo in which the rule graduation appear visible. In every photo, the rule graduation appeared blurred, making impossible to use the device for the aforementioned purpose.

Considering the P4 drone features a 4:3, 4860x3648 px camera, leading to a 0.37mm/px resolution estimate by taking photos at less than 1m, in theory the camera should be able to capture the required level of detail -the graduation of a rule-, and also the indicated specs are better than the cameras embedded in standard smartphones -which normally accomplish this objective-.

What we are doing wrong?. Are the DJI cameras indeed unable to take photos of a rule?.
2017-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules