Spark flyaway...with luck
1092 13 2018-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JimboHUN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37156 ft

Hi,

I had a compass/flyaway issue lately (I have also sent to DJI Support).

I was flying out in the nature with no power wires, lamp posts or any buildings nearby. I was flying with my Android mobile phone.

After a few rounds I got a compass error and then suddenly my Spark started flying to the right and I lost control. It switched to Atti which is not an issue to me, but it was not responding to the instructions.

Luckily I was over the trees so nothing was hit so I just'd like to have that checked to see if maybe something is faulty or to advice me what should I do differently.

I had 15-16 GPS signals prior to take off, but the signal dropped right before I lost control, then it cam back a while later.

I made another round later but there were no errors in the very same spot.

I also checked the fligh log that is very strange as it seems to switch between mods back and forth which I did not do (all I did were a few special shots (pano, sphere)), and there is much more compass and yaw errors I was not notified of via the app.

https://app.airdata.com/main?fli ... ENERALNotifications

Furthermore the track on the map is way off, showing strange straight lines I did not fly.

Conditions were not windy, it can be seen from the video I took (drift away is from 30 secs):

I wonder if there is anything you could comment please...

Thank you in advance.

a2.JPG
Screenshot_2018-04-29-10-04-39.png
Screenshot_2018-04-22-18-24-10.png
2018-4-29
Use props
JimboHUN
lvl.4

Actually the map looks OK via the Phantom Log Viewer....weird :/

2018-4-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Jim, we're sorry to hear the issue. May I know how do you contact our support? Is there any case number or ticket number to further follow-up?
2018-4-29
Use props
fans1af1a0a5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81293 ft
Croatia

Jim, what firmware version .0900 or .0800 ?
2018-4-29
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

I am wondering... When spark looses gps, and drifts away.... And then later in same flight, gets gps lock... Will the home point be updated to THAT spot, or does it remember the first/takeoff point.... Just something to keep in mind, if pushing RTH.  Any idea of this @dji susan ?
2018-4-29
Use props
JimboHUN
lvl.4

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-29 19:21
Hello Jim, we're sorry to hear the issue. May I know how do you contact our support? Is there any case number or ticket number to further follow-up?

Hello Susan - ticket 1110256 was created yesterday.

Thank you,

Adam
2018-4-29
Use props
JimboHUN
lvl.4

fans1af1a0a5 Posted at 2018-4-29 20:17
Jim, what firmware version .0900 or .0800 ?

Hi,

It is .0900, updated like 3 weeks ago as this is a recent purchase. Go is 4.2.8.

Cheers,

Adam
2018-4-29
Use props
JimboHUN
lvl.4

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-4-29 20:18
I am wondering... When spark looses gps, and drifts away.... And then later in same flight, gets gps lock... Will the home point be updated to THAT spot, or does it remember the first/takeoff point.... Just something to keep in mind, if pushing RTH.  Any idea of this @dji susan ?

I think the recorded GPS data is not gone from the system if the GPS signal is lost. However if there is no GPS signal the aircraft is unable to find its way back to the recorded home point on its own.
2018-4-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JimboHUN Posted at 2018-4-29 21:07
Hello Susan - ticket 1110256 was created yesterday.

Thank you,

All right. I've checked the email history, it seems that they need more info for analysis. Please kindly offer when you are convenient and let us know if there is anything else we can help.
2018-5-4
Use props
JimboHUN
lvl.4
Hungary

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-4 03:10
All right. I've checked the email history, it seems that they need more info for analysis. Please kindly offer when you are convenient and let us know if there is anything else we can help.

Hi Susan,

No complaints here - I am in touch with support and will teply to them once I am back home

Cheers,
2018-5-4
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-4-29 20:18

No, it does not automatically update the home point to the new location after it regains GPS mode.  It still remembers the original home point that was set at the beginning of the flight.
2018-5-4
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

KlooGee Posted at 2018-5-4 11:18
No, it does not automatically update the home point to the new location after it regains GPS mode.  It still remembers the original home point that was set at the beginning of the flight.

Thanks for confirmation of this.. Could just be, since some people have flyaways... Wich most likely just is. Driftaways in ATTI
2018-5-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JimboHUN Posted at 2018-5-4 09:07
Hi Susan,

No complaints here - I am in touch with support and will teply to them once I am back home

All right! If you encounter any difficulties during the progress, feel free to contact us.
2018-5-11
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

Since this is the case in many cases, I think that the DJI Spark firmware erroneously handles the loss of reception of a GPS signal, or a GPS signal suddenly disappears due to an error. You should handle this error by switching to ATTI mode and floating. It should not be moved in any direction without interaction. Disconnection is also characteristic at this time, which I mean means that the internal program (firmware error) restarts. DJI would have to seriously improve the firmware. If you have a hardware failure then you will be free to replace the motherboard.
2018-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules