My DJI Care Refresh experience. A bit long.
1425 9 2018-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RCkable5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427684 ft
United States

I like many others have posted threads asking questions, or just suggestions, even negative things in regard to DJI or firmware/software.  Well I believe we should also be posting the positive experiences we have with DJI, and this is one of them.  I am very pleased how easy Care Refresh was and I am very pleased with what i got back.

While flying my MP one evening, i was about 20' above some trees about 50' away from my home.  As i flew over them i guess i freaked out 3 buzzards and they flew right into my MP it hit the tree and came all the way down to the ground breaking the front right arm, the gimbal, both right side props, and then there was a crack in the body by the rear right arm. I was mad, uspet, now I do have state farm insurance on my MP, but after talking to them and what would be done, i decided I would just use my Care Refresh.  I did it all online and I choose to do the express (I did have a little issues getting started).  They provided a shipping label (regular shipping), shipped it to them on the 20th, From the East coast of the US to the west coast, and they received the package on the 25th at 4:38pm. I received an email letting me know they had received it, and my Care Refresh Express claim was being processed. I checked the follow claim link provided to me.  On the 26th I received an email providing me with a tracking number, I figured well good I will have it in a week.  Then I realized they sent it out 2nd day shipping (i thought wow).  I received my replacement on the April27th.  I opened it up and i VERY thoughly checked the Mavic over and over.  I even confirmed the SN wasnt the same.  I binded the Mavic to the controller, attempted to update but it didnt need to as it had the latest Firmware.  I then took it up for a little flight, and everything went smooth.  I am very pleased with how this went with DJI, especially with seeing posts of people claiming to have issues with Care Refresh.  I hope i never have to use it again but if i have to I will not have an worries or fears of doing so.

THANK YOU DJI for making me happy i bought DJI Care Refresh and handling my claim in a timely manor.
2018-4-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Way to Go Dji, Some positive feedback here Well done
2018-4-29
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

It's nice to hear good news occasionally. LOL.. I started reading this thread expecting doom and gloom..  Enjoy flying.  
2018-4-29
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good to hear the good!  
However.. in your subject "a bit long" is misleading a bit.
What was the reason for not using the State Farm claim? (just curious)
2018-4-29
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I'm glad to hear that your DJI Care Refresh process went well. I'm comforted to know that I have DJI Care Refresh for my Spark and Mavic Pro, and while I haven't had to use them, it makes me feel comforted to know that DJI stands by its customers' drones.
2018-4-29
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Awesome very nice to hear a positive outcome.  
2018-4-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for sharing your positive experience with us. It's really glad to know everything works well. We'll keep improving and offer a better experience for the customers we valued.
2018-4-29
Use props
RCkable5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427684 ft
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-4-29 08:35
Good to hear the good!  
However.. in your subject "a bit long" is misleading a bit.
What was the reason for not using the State Farm claim? (just curious)

They wanted me to send it to DJI and  get a repair cost estimate. Once SF  received the repair estimate then they would either give me the money to repair it or if the repair cost was over $800 they would just pay my insurance policy. Looking at DJI website for repair items it looked to be 400-500 to repair.
2018-4-29
Use props
djiuser_ILtcfFfEj0PN
lvl.1

United States

My experience with my MA2 and Care Refresh has been quite the opposite. I would discourage all from purchasing DjI/DJI Care Refresh.
2020-6-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_ILtcfFfEj0PN Posted at 6-4 21:51
My experience with my MA2 and Care Refresh has been quite the opposite. I would discourage all from purchasing DjI/DJI Care Refresh.

Hi there, we are sorry for any unpleasant experience with us, may we have the details so that we could help?
2020-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules