Auto REC...... please :-)
592 16 2018-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raphael75
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106677 ft

Dear Droners :-)

Well, it didn't happened to me only with my drone (already), but alos on video cams... now... is there an option somehow to force starting to film as soon as the drone turnes on? Last day again it happened, flimed (so I thought of!) 13 minutes around... and once back on my computer... I realised my stupid mistake.... Any help against such missbehavior of mine? :-) :-)

2018-4-29
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

I assume that in the DJI GO4 App you press the Record Button and Start Recording. When you want to Stop press the Record Button again. There is Start/Stop Recording on Remote Controller or App Only, depends on what you use. There is No Auto Recording to the SD Card.

If you are using an SDCARD the real footage will be stored on it at the Resolution you choose, on the other hand, if you setup Video Cache ON, the phone you will have the actual backup footage in 720p just in case you need evidence if you have an accident and lose your Drone, but you need to Press the Record Button. Video cache is NOT AUTOMATIC, it will only cache video as you Record, it can store Audio too, where as the SD CARD Footage wont store the Audio.

Then with 3rd Party Programs like Premier Pro Video Editors, you can cut, edit, remove any sections (scenes) you don't want.
2018-4-29
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

As far as I know there is no way to automatically start recording once the drone powers up. Depending on if you have the Remote Controller you can hit record on the top left button or the red button to the right side displayed on the DJI GO 4 Application.
2018-4-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You could use an app like Litchi it has a setting to record from take off. But you make a good point, I would have imagined that it would be a simple update to issue this to users.
2018-4-29
Use props
Raphael75
lvl.1

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-29 10:19
What do you need ? To start recording before takeoff and all way till landing ? Or to Stop Recording ?

I assume that in the DJI GO4 App you press the Record Button and Start Recording. When you want to Stop press the Record Button again.

Well, problem is simple: I'm stupid and forget sometime to hit RECORD button :-) EAsy as that :-) And as a 32Gb SD card is way enough to film more than 15 minutes footage (aaaand more), I don't care of bad shots, I'll take em off when under adobe :-)

So, problem again, simple: I sometime forget to hti RECORD button, would have been nice the program auto-recs on start or takeoff....
2018-4-29
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

EDITED - Before Take OFF just remember to Press RECORD Button.

Video Cache wont Record the Footage Automatically, it will backup the footage on your Phone only will you are Recording.
2018-4-29
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-29 10:32
You could use an app like Litchi it has a setting to record from take off. But you make a good point, I would have imagined that it would be a simple update to issue this to users.

Hallmark, the video cache (stored on the phone) auto-records everything from start to finish automatically right ? Just to confirm 100%.

Thank you.
2018-4-29
Use props
Raphael75
lvl.1

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-29 10:53
If you have Video Cache - ON - it will have all footage with AUTO RECORD, but resolution is not so good at 720p.

Always if you forgot to Press the RECORD button when flying.

YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!!!! Thought it was somesort of onbard memory..... YEAH, FOUND it on my mobile!!!!!

MANY THANKS for that :-) :-)
2018-4-29
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Raphael75 Posted at 2018-4-29 11:05
YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!!!! Thought it was somesort of onbard memory..... YEAH, FOUND it on my mobile!!!!!

MANY THANKS for that :-) :-)

Glad you are happy Raphael.

Fly Safe !
2018-4-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-29 10:58
Hallmark, the video cache (stored on the phone) auto-records everything from start to finish automatically right ? Just to confirm 100%.

Thank you.

Yes but not on sd card so only in 720p.
2018-4-29
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-29 11:09
Yes but not on sd card so only in 720p.
Had to edit the Posts as it seems Video Cache is NOT Automatic.
2018-4-29
Use props
Slipursons
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6443993 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-29 10:58
Hallmark, the video cache (stored on the phone) auto-records everything from start to finish automatically right ? Just to confirm 100%.

Thank you.

The cache will only have the actual recorded video, not everything from start to finish of the flight.

Forget to press rec and the cache will be empty..
2018-4-29
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Slipursons Posted at 2018-4-29 13:12
The cache will only have the actual recorded video, not everything from start to finish of the flight.

Forget to press rec and the cache will be empty..

Hello Slipursons,

You are right, I found this too -

''Yes - if you turn "Record Audio with Video Cache" on the mic in your iPad Pro will be live from the moment you tap on the red video record button on the DJI GO 4 app live view screen.''

Thank you ! I just editted my Post so they be up to date with what you told me, so that No One is Mislead. Thank you again !
2018-4-29
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

The thing to note is that if in photo mode hit the video record button on the remote twice. Once to get to video mode. Once to start video recording.

This has bitten me a few times with no video recording even though I clearly remembered hitting video record on the remote.
2018-4-29
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Blellow Posted at 2018-4-29 15:18
The thing to note is that if in photo mode hit the video record button on the remote twice. Once to get to video mode. Once to start video recording.

This has bitten me a few times with no video recording even though I clearly remembered hitting video record on the remote.

I see.  Good to know this ! Thank you so much Blellow !

So if I am understanding you well -

If I am in Photo Mode and need to take Video

Press 1st Time Video Record Button - To Enter Video Mode
Press 2nd Time Video Record Button - To Start Recording

If I am in Video Mode and need to take Photo

Press 1st Time Photo Shutter Button - To Enter Photo Mode
Press 2nd Time Photo Shutter Button - To Start Take Photo
2018-4-29
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Blellow Posted at 2018-4-29 15:18

Thank you for sharing your Knowledge Blellow. This will surely help us.

Really obligated to You !
2018-4-29
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Right back at everyone.  I have learned a ton from the community.  Thank you all!
2018-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules