Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RC Not Charging after Update
36656 17 2018-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
extra2816
New
Canada

Hi folks,

I have a Phantom 4 that I took a year hiatus from flying due to other circumstances. The drone was working great and I have had no issues with charging anything in the past.

When I went to restore the drone to service this weekend, I downloaded new software for both the drone and RC as recommended, and now the RC will no longer charge - after about 5 minutes of being plugged in (and the single left most light flashing white), the RC beeps and turns off.

Is there a software fix to this issue? Can I return to a previous version of software?

Thanks,
Josh
2018-4-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Josh, may I know what's the current controller firmware? Please try to hold the three bars on the right upper corner for 8-10 seconds, a window will pop up, please check and try to refresh.
2018-4-29
Use props
Klowe777
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6421 ft
United States

I am having the same issue, I just down graded the remotes firmware and we'll see what happens. so far only three lights are flashing.
2018-5-1
Use props
Klowe777
lvl.1
United States

nope, no go only charged to 69% the firm version shows 01.04.01.00. I've tried to put a repair request in but it just flies through the address page and will not let me verify an address or even put a new address in, it does not recognize my E-mail so what's up DJI how do I send my controller in to be repaired?
2018-5-1
Use props
Icer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431079 ft
Latvia

Hi,
You need replace this small, 8pin chip.

2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Klowe777 Posted at 2018-5-1 14:43
nope, no go only charged to 69% the firm version shows 01.04.01.00. I've tried to put a repair request in but it just flies through the address page and will not let me verify an address or even put a new address in, it does not recognize my E-mail so what's up DJI how do I send my controller in to be repaired?

Klowe, are you stuck in our online repair progress? If yes, please kindly write an email to support.us@dji.com and clear the situation, they will guide you the further steps.
2018-5-2
Use props
Klowe777
lvl.1
United States

Icer Posted at 2018-5-1 22:29
Hi,
You need replace this small, 8pin chip.
[view_image]

Tank you for replying, do I need to change that pin, or do I need DJI to change it? is it a plug in or does it need to be soldered.
2018-5-2
Use props
Klowe777
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-2 01:38
Klowe, are you stuck in our online repair progress? If yes, please kindly write an email to  and clear the situation, they will guide you the further steps.

yes I am and thank you I did send an E-mil to support. does DJI know about replacing the pin that Icer has suggested?
2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Klowe777 Posted at 2018-5-2 05:01
yes I am and thank you I did send an E-mil to support. does DJI know about replacing the pin that Icer has suggested?

It is not recommended to disassemble the unit at your end which may void the warranty. Sorry about this.
2018-5-8
Use props
ovlovv70
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26020 ft

8 pin IC is the battery monitor and it needs reflowed.The IC has a metal base plate and it loses contact ,not so much the 8 pins.

Please advise if this repairs controller.
2018-5-8
Use props
SomeoneElsesDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same issue (after leaving for a prolonged period too). Could it be reflowed without disconnecting ALL the many ribbons and cables?
2018-5-9
Use props
Icer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431079 ft
Latvia

If you still have warranty, just send RC to DJI for repair, this is the best solution.
If not, you can reflow this IC chip by yourselves. Anyway, you need good soldering skills and equipment to do this. Or you can visit local electronic workshop/service and ask guys to help with replacing this IC. IC chip name CELLWISE CW2015, can buy on alie.
2018-5-10
Use props
ovlovv70
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26020 ft

SomeoneElsesDrone Posted at 2018-5-9 14:40
I have the same issue (after leaving for a prolonged period too). Could it be reflowed without disconnecting ALL the many ribbons and cables?

You have to disconnect cables as you have to turn the panel over.Just release the tiny clips with your fingernail only takes a few seconds.Many videos on you tube.
2018-5-10
Use props
extra2816
New
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-29 18:42
Hey Josh, may I know what's the current controller firmware? Please try to hold the three bars on the right upper corner for 8-10 seconds, a window will pop up, please check and try to refresh.

Hi! It shows Current Version 1.9.3
2018-5-13
Use props
extra2816
New
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-29 18:42
Hey Josh, may I know what's the current controller firmware? Please try to hold the three bars on the right upper corner for 8-10 seconds, a window will pop up, please check and try to refresh.

I've tried to refresh the firmware and it shows "Get Firmware Version Failed" and Firmware Installation Failed...
2018-5-13
Use props
SomeoneElsesDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft

Reflowing worked for me. Only thing I'd warn of - I applied too much heat and broke the plastic casing for the power connector. Just connected the four points directly and padded it for protection so not the end of the world  but take care with heat applied.

Back in the air
2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

extra2816 Posted at 2018-5-13 19:14
I've tried to refresh the firmware and it shows "Get Firmware Version Failed" and Firmware Installation Failed...

Thanks for getting back to us. Please try to reinstall the APP, repeat the above steps to refresh to see whether it works. If still no luck, please kindly send the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support

2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SomeoneElsesDrone Posted at 2018-5-14 15:48
Reflowing worked for me. Only thing I'd warn of - I applied too much heat and broke the plastic casing for the power connector. Just connected the four points directly and padded it for protection so not the end of the world  but take care with heat applied.

Back in the air

Thanks for keeping us updated. Anyway, nice to know you have fixed it. Should there is any further question, feel free to contact us.
2018-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules