Please Help!
517 7 2018-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bill Hitchcock
lvl.2
United States

For the first time ever I installed DJI GO4 app on my phone. (I always use an iPad). When setting max. altitude I set it 1 meter over the limit and got a warning message. I must have read it wrong or pushed the wrong button because now the app keeps both altitude and RTH at zero. It will not accept any number I log in.
I have deleted and reloaded the app on my phone. owered it up and down but all efforts are to no avail.

I have not attempted with my iPad yet, which had correct settings. My fear is that sense I logged onto DJI that the setting are held their and not locally.
What should I do?
God Bless!
Bill
2018-4-30
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

First, it usually wont allow you to set anything over DJI's established limits, so the fact that you did or tried is likely why the errors.
However, and I can't say why (not smart enough on the SW side of things), you usually cannot set and save any settings on the GO 4 app unless your mobile device is connected to the RC and the Aircraft is linked to the RC.  Then it should allow you to make settings changes.
So, try that...

Edit: and the RC & bird are powered on
2018-4-30
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Genghis is spot on.  You must be connected to AC before any settings are saved.
2018-4-30
Use props
Bill Hitchcock
lvl.2
United States

Please forgive the spelling in my initial post.
My fear is connecting everything now that the app on my phone is stuck at zero.
Again-There was a warning message that appeared when I inadvertently attempted to go over the limit by 1 meter. I must have selected the wrong option because since then I get nothing but zero, no matter what number I log in.
God Bless!
Bill
2018-4-30
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Bill Hitchcock Posted at 2018-4-30 10:34
My fear is connecting everything now that the app on my phone is stuck at zero.
Again-There was a warning message that appeared when I inadvertently attempted to go over the limit by 1 meter. I must have selected the wrong option because since then I get nothing but zero, no matter what number I log in.

As noted...nothing will change on the app up or down unless connected to RC & bird.
If you are worried, power down your phone or just uninstall app off phone and then go in to the app on your ipad with RC and aircraft powered up and you'll see all is good.

Once you confirm that, you can reinstall app on phone and do the same connect it all up and make your settings (within the limits) and you should be good there too.

Realize when entering app without RC and drone connected you wont see all settings anyway and some settings show the default or last made, depending.
2018-4-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Bill Hitchcock Posted at 2018-4-30 10:34
My fear is connecting everything now that the app on my phone is stuck at zero.

The settings you are concerned about are stored in the drone (so it can operate properly if signal is lost) and are not stored in the phone you use.
You can't see them or change them unless you connect the app to your Phantom..
2018-4-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Bill, please try to connect the RC and aircraft, power them on to check the exact settings in APP. You will understand it better.
2018-5-2
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Bill, your aircraft, remote controller and your phone goes together as one whole system, app sends your preferred settings to aircraft using remote, so ensure your whole system is powered on and connected as everybody said
2018-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules