Range ?
635 7 2018-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CarloUK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi
When using my Mavic air in the UK I get the little warning box saying poor reception. I usually turn back or stop go any further.
Should I ignore and jusy carry on ? Once you get thie pop up box am I close to its range limit ?

Thanks Carlo
2018-4-30
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It's a 'warning box' if you 'ignore' you may loose your drone. Personally any warning boxes I get I act on, no hassle, land the AC and fly another day.
2018-4-30
Use props
Skinny_Dronin_Around
lvl.3
Flight distance : 150446 ft

I would always listen to the warnings. The warnings are in the best interest of the drone and the pilot.  There could be a lot of interference between you and the drone. In example by my home there are large power lines and if I get within a block away from the power lines the signals are sketchy.

You could ignore them but you could be paying the price in a new drone or repair fees. I would choose the "be safe than sorry" angle.
2018-4-30
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

I agree with the top two comments. Why risk losing your bird.
2018-4-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Carlo, please do not ignore the warning box from the DJI GO4 app, take care and fly safely.
2018-5-5
Use props
Laval076
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87438 ft
  • >>>
France

Yesterday, I was on an open beach, far from anything, no antenas, nothing. Got the infamous box after 500 meters and, even better, i suffered lost of image transmission. Furthermore, I got the interference warning while there were no wifi or other radio emmissions  for at least  900 meters away. Will « warehouse » that poor little thing and go back to my Mavic Pro once back at home. Extremely disappointing device.
2018-5-5
Use props
TravellerG
lvl.1

India

Please, do not ever ignore any warning (in Any Gadget, for that reason)! Try to find the reason & Solution!! All the best
2018-5-6
Use props
TravellerG
lvl.1

India

TravellerG Posted at 2018-5-6 01:45
Please, do not ever ignore any warning (in Any Gadget, for that reason)! Try to find the reason & Solution!! All the best

1. Changing the WIFI from 2.4 GHz to 5.8 GHz to reduce the Interference - but this will reduce your range!! 2. A WIFI Signal Booster also can be helpful to you.
2018-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules