715 15 2018-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_QMbukLIcA9Jw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52664 ft
Australia

Hi All,

I just finished on my second video with the Spark. It is heaps of fun to get out with it and organise cool shots, and I really enjoy the process of creating the videos and photos, but I do find these sort of quick flashes a bit...pointless.

Does anyone have any good ideas for video or photography projects that would provide a good purpose and/or outlet??

Thanks in advance!

2018-4-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

I think you can fly higher and present the larger view of the lake and sky. Good job!
2018-4-30
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Hey Mate Nice Video, and Nice Dogs !

What do you mean you want new ideas for video/photo using the drone, many buy a spark as it is a Beginner Drone, are you into Professional Photography / Videography ?

If you are doing Commercial Work, I suggest to upgrade to a Bigger Drone eg. Mavic Pro / Phantom / Inspire.

There is a World of Opportunities when using a Drone, you just need to tell us if you are doing this as Hobby, to Help Others, for Profit.

Hobby - Travel / Sports / Nature / Landscapes
Help Others - Rescue / Monitoring & Security
Profit - Weddings / Commercials for Property Estate Agents / Car Dealers / Garden & DIY Landscaping Etc....

Helping Others & Profit I assume you need Permits + Insurance.

Here in Malta we need Permit + Insurance even if we fly for FUN !! They are STRICT here.
2018-5-1
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

Nice video
2018-5-1
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Nothing wrong with a good dog video.... They're like family.
2018-5-1
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

that's a cool video!
2018-5-1
Use props
Sidd Finch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

Once you feel you have the mechanics down with how to operate the drone, tell a story. Snippets are fun but tell a story with your video.

Pick a subject that you have an interest and create a video story.

Sidd
2018-5-1
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

I think the key is some conflict or discovery in the video.  The story could have the dogs need to play.  The struggle to get to the park.   Then playing at the park.

Casey Neistat would start with a shot of the dog in the home.  Him looking at the camera and narrating that the dog hasn't got to go out in ages so the dog's bathroom situation is critical.   He would start to get ready only to have a business call interrupt.  Taking the dog to the park would just about get there when his electric skateboard would run out of power.  A cool uber driver would show up, give us shots of Casey stuffing dog and skateboard in trunk, then opening trunk to retrieve dog to put in back seat.  Then finally at the park with the dog sniffing for the perfect place.

Video would close with Casey sitting in a camper type lounge chair, reaching for a paid product endorsement drink, with the dog sitting by him and the sun setting as the drone pulled back.

Your video only has the sniffing around the park part and misses the set up (why going to the park, what it solves) and needs a nicer conclusion though that isn't bad.
2018-5-1
Use props
James C
lvl.2
Australia

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-1 00:05
Hey Mate Nice Video, and Nice Dogs !

BEWARE !! In your Video I notice 0:50 Two Girls Stalking You. You are a Girl Magnetic Mate, LOL !

Haha, thanks for the reply DMX! Very much it is just a hobby/for fun and I am very much a beginner, hence the Spark.

Thanks for the thoughts and input. I think nature/landscapes/travel makes sense for me as it fits in with my other interests (boating, 4wd, camping etc.).

Thanks again!
2018-5-1
Use props
James C
lvl.2
Australia

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-5-1 11:23
I think the key is some conflict or discovery in the video.  The story could have the dogs need to play.  The struggle to get to the park.   Then playing at the park.

Casey Neistat would start with a shot of the dog in the home.  Him looking at the camera and narrating that the dog hasn't got to go out in ages so the dog's bathroom situation is critical.   He would start to get ready only to have a business call interrupt.  Taking the dog to the park would just about get there when his electric skateboard would run out of power.  A cool uber driver would show up, give us shots of Casey stuffing dog and skateboard in trunk, then opening trunk to retrieve dog to put in back seat.  Then finally at the park with the dog sniffing for the perfect place.

Hey gunship, thanks heaps for the reply! I think you are right about creating the narrative, and that makes a lot more sense, particularly as a vlog style video. Maybe a vlog style channel would be a good project idea for a little while and give me an outlet for making some videos.

Anyway, thanks again for the input!
2018-5-1
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for sharing this interesting style video.
2018-5-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
2018-5-1
Use props
looky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17674 ft
Canada

I don't know about "pointless".  I got the Spark mainly for the purpose of creating memories of my dog with me (as seally as it sounds).  The point should be it gives you more choices, angles and possibilities to create images you could not obtain without it. That's one of the awesome feature of this technologie. I remember an old and wise old lady from my youth who used to tell me: "fill up your life with memories, cause when you get old, that's pretty much all you have left" . By the way, i did enjoy your video. I always enjoy watching happy dogs.

2018-5-1
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Happy, nice video,, Thanks
2018-5-1
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

nice one keep it up