Spark and Remote only: Feedback for recording?
1457 5 2018-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Follow_Mario
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7 ft
Germany

Hello folks,

I am still pretty new here and excited about my DJI Spark.

Something that I couldn't figure out so far and I can't find anything to it neither in the forum, the manual and so on is: Is there any feedback for video recording on the remote or the drone itselt?

The spark can be used stand alone (gesture), with smartphone only, with smartphone and remote and with remote only.

In the last mentioned case (Spark + Remote, no smartphone), I just want to quickly start the Spark with the remote and take a few fotos and maybe record a video.

And here is the problem: If I want to take a photo, it is clear to me, what to do: simply click the "photo" button on the remote once, and the Spark will take a photo. But what if I want to record a video?
Sure, I can click on the record button on the remote - but I am never really sure, if I turn it on or off, because I don't see any feedback neither from the remote nor from the drone itself?
And it get's worse: If I do that with the DJI Go 4 app running, I know that pushing the record or photo button alternating, the first button press leads to the initial change mode from video to picture capture and vice versa. Does it work the same way without DJI Go 4 app?

See, this is not really clear...
So am I missing a simple thing here or how do you guys do that? I really would like to know, when the Spark is recording in RC mode without DJI Go app.

I am aware, that this is not the favorite way to take photos or videos, because you don't really have good feedback about, what the Spark "sees" at the moment - but still...

Best regards

Mario

2018-5-1
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

I think the front LED lights on the Spark's arms turn off when it is video recording.  They turn off so their light doesn't show up in the video.  You would have to experiment to see for sure.
2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-5-1 07:19
I think the front LED lights on the Spark's arms turn off when it is video recording.  They turn off so their light doesn't show up in the video.  You would have to experiment to see for sure.

Yes, the front LED lights on the Spark's arms will turn off when it is video recording or taking a photo, at the same time, please make sure the SD card is inserted. Thanks!
2018-5-2
Use props
Follow_Mario
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-2 00:14
Yes, the front LED lights on the Spark's arms will turn off when it is video recording or taking a photo, at the same time, please make sure the SD card is inserted. Thanks!

Hello, sorry for the delay.
I checked again and focused on the LEDs this time, keeping your responses in mind.

When I fly the DJI Spark with Remote only, I see only the back LEDs flashing green. The front LEDs are off all the time.
When I start / stop recording, nothing changes.

The DJI Spark firmware is up to date.

So is this really a missing feature?
I would really sometimes just pull out the DJI Spark, connect it to my remote and go for it.
Also connecting the smartphone is just an additional effort, that I would like to avoid from time to time - and it is possible of course! Only the video recording feedback is missing for me.

If there is really no feedback, as it seems to be from my point of view - do you think, I could request this as a new feature? Where could I request such a new feature? Is there a channel to submit such a request?

Best regards
Mario
2018-6-4
Use props
Terp1234
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50906 ft

You can try to do a request, but I think there will be no more new features added to the Spark.
But the front LEDs never turn red? Maybe have a look at this thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1385859

I just tried my Spark with RC but without phone/tablet. The LEDs respond still the same as with a connected device. Only difference I notice you don't have to press the photo or video button twice to switch between these modes. So if you took a picture (front LED turn off couple of seconds) and then press video button once, it immediately starts recording the video (front LEDs off during whole recording).
2018-6-4
Use props
Follow_Mario
lvl.1
Germany

Terp1234 Posted at 2018-6-4 12:31
You can try to do a request, but I think there will be no more new features added to the Spark.
But the front LEDs never turn red? Maybe have a look at this thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=150347&page=1#pid1385859

Thanks for the hint about to restore to factory settings. I just downloaded DJI Assistant 2 and performed the reset.
I'll try again and post if it helped.
2018-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules