652 10 2018-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fede cape
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71591 ft
United States

Hello guys,

New Spark pilot, second flight ever. It was dark outside so I decided to fly at home.. Well, the window curtains didn't let my spark do its thing... At least it wasn't a wall.

I noticed that one of the propellers is slightly broken in the mid point. I still have the 2 spares, do I use one of them for this?

I want to get some more as well, what do you guys recommend? The OEM DJI props, or is there a better brand? Amazon has a set of 4 for $20. Is this a good price?

Pic 1:

Pic 2:

Thank you in advance!

2018-5-1
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, you should definitely change props that are damaged.

OEM DJI props work well, so there really is no need to venture out and find 3rd party props. Also, flying with 3rd party props will void your warranty if the props cause your Spark to crash and/or become damaged.
2018-5-1
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

There is no major issue using such a minor chipped  prop. But sometimes if you get  gust wind, SPARK will use a lot of energy to control itself.
2018-5-1
Use props
fede cape
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71591 ft
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-5-1 08:15

OEM DJI props work well, so there really is no need to venture out and find 3rd party props. Also, flying with 3rd party props will void your warranty if the props cause your Spark to crash and/or become damaged.

Are these a good buy/good price?
https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Genui ... llers/dp/B073JRWYKK

Or should I go with these? (they charge for shipping)
https://store.dji.com/product/sp ... -folding-propellers
2018-5-1
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

i'd replace just one one that is damaged .. do not fly with a chipped or crack prop.
2018-5-1
Use props
Firehawk989
Second Officer
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

Agree with the others, replace that prop! That's why the Spark comes with spares! Imagine how you'd feel if it broke mid-flight and your Spark crashed and broke because you decided to try and save five $ or so for one prop.
2018-5-1
Use props
rent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Replace the damaged prop. No need to buy, use the spare that came with your purchase.
2018-5-1
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

fede cape Posted at 2018-5-1 08:24
Are these a good buy/good price?
https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Genuine-Release-Folding-Propellers/dp/B073JRWYKK

Yes, both are OEM DJI props. Unless you're buying other things from the DJI Store, Amazon is probably the better way to go since shipping is free.
2018-5-1
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173045 ft
United Kingdom

You should change the props if it’s damaged imo. Always use the genuine DJI parts as they are very reliable and you don’t lose your warranty.
2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

msinger Posted at 2018-5-1 08:15

Yes, agree with your opinion.
2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Ram-UK Posted at 2018-5-1 11:17
You should change the props if it’s damaged imo. Always use the genuine DJI parts as they are very reliable and you don’t lose your warranty.

Yes, it is recommended to use the genuine DJI parts. Take care and fly safely.
2018-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules