Replacing Inspire Prop Schedule
1216 2 2015-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trowland32304
lvl.2
United States

NOOBIE ALERT

Only had my Inspire for a week, and in the air three trips and seven flights.  Have the new quick release props.  I have seen official posts that they should be replaced every 200 flights.  Also seen claims the props only last for 60 flights.  In any case there does seem to be some point at which the props, and the adapter should be replaced.  

What happens if as in my case the first flight was maybe two minutes in the back yard with calm wind and one of the later flights was close to 13 minutes in five to eight knot wind over water.  It seems like all flights are not equal.  I know planes requie checks every so many hours of flight time, not how many flights the plane has made.

Also wonder if putting the props on and taking them off creats wear and tear on the metal "spring" that sorta keeps the props tight by pushing them up.  Is it better to leave the props on subjecting the metal "spring" to static stress or take the props off and put them back on every time you take the Inspire out to fly  which subjecting the "spring" to dynamic stress.

Maybe I am overthinking this.  In any case I am wondering if anyone has replaced the Quick Release Rotor Adapter and what it entails.

Part of my concern is that I am planning on taking my 42 foot catamaran on a cruise to the Bahamas for several months and using the Inspire to capture images and video and will not easily be able to get spare parts so I need to stock up before I leave.  Also want to make sure I replace the props and adapter soon enough to avoid problems.

2015-5-10
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

i just have the original style props but i dont replace them till they break, and i wouldnt expect them to break unless they hit something.  i fly my phantom 2 with chipped blades all the time without issues but its cheaper and can handle a crash pretty good.  Dont really think the inspire would fare as well in a crash and its a bit more expensive so id be replacing props at any sign of damage.  i think the chipped blades sometimes cause the phantom to do a death wobble and crash on descending but its only happened twice and its decent is still slowed, just uncontrolled so its never gotten damaged from it other than braking a prop as i do not run prop guards(dont fit in my case then)

cant comment on quick release ones really as i havent even seen them but sometimes springs get weak if they are constantly under pressure, but there is wear to consider with constant on/off action as well, depends on the design, perhaps someone that has had them for a while can offer more insight in that regard.  Sounds like a fun trip, id probably take a couple sets of spares if i was you, dont dunk it in the ocean!  Ive had mine a few months and flown lots and never wrecked any yet but it will happen gaurnteed when youre a month away from spare parts, lol
2015-5-10
Use props
Ph02on
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75673 ft
United Kingdom

I wouldn't worry about the springs.  They are constructed of formed spring steel.  fitting the rotors will not compress the spring anywhere close to the elastic limit of the material  (yield point).  They will be good enough for 20000+ flights.  The weakest links are the plastic adaptors with the cam ring and the plactic rotor hubs.

Jason
2015-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules