SPARK using OTG cable switch between 5.8 and 2.4GHZ
1096 5 2018-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

I noticed  using OTG cable on V4.4.2.12 where the 5.8GHZ switched to 2.4GHZ while I lost connection with the SPARK at nearly 800 meters from home point. The video feed was out for some moment . However the SPARK returned  to the home location very precisely but again the switch happened  once it neared the home point by switching back  to 5.8GHz.
I don't think this is a concern as long as the software does it correctly.

2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, for the auto channel mode, it will pick the one with the best signal quality. If you are in an open field without other WiFi interference it will most certainly stick to 2.4 GHz. But if you are in a built-up area with other WiFi networks around the preferred choice will be 5.8 GHz.
2018-5-1
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-1 23:18
Hi, for the auto channel mode, it will pick the one with the best signal quality. If you are in an open field without other WiFi interference it will most certainly stick to 2.4 GHz. But if you are in a built-up area with other WiFi networks around the preferred choice will be 5.8 GHz.

thank you     
2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

You are welcome. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.
2018-5-2
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-2 03:27
You are welcome. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.

Rubbish. The DJI Go 4  & RC or Spark connect via random channels. Regardless of interference - proven fact - the DJI Go 4 app & Spark are not smart with WiFi & interference & may require rebooting between connections to avoid interference.   

I'm sick of mis-information from DJI reps replies or any others that do not READ the question precisely & reply with mis-informed advice - FAIL.

Answer the question if you can solve it, but don't guess a BS solution

2018-6-25
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

Sparkz71 Posted at 2018-6-25 02:49
Rubbish. The DJI Go 4  & RC or Spark connect via random channels. Regardless of interference - proven fact - the DJI Go 4 app & Spark are not smart with WiFi & interference & may require rebooting between connections to avoid interference.   

I'm sick of mis-information from DJI reps replies or any others that do not READ the question precisely & reply with mis-informed advice - FAIL.

DJI - I can prove your recommendation does not work & I have logs to prove the problem continues after updates.  It worked b4.
2018-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules