APAS "Required Conditions Not Met" message
5652 8 2018-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mountainpics11
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59337 ft
United States

I have a new Mavic Air, and when I tap APAS before flying, I get a  "Required Conditions Not Met.  APAS is temporarily disabled". Anyone else had this issue?  Is APAS something that you can only activate AFTER the Mavic Air is in the air?
2018-5-1
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You say "before flying". So it's still on the ground when you try to engage APAS? I believe it needs to be in the air and clear of obstacles which it could sense when engaged. I'd need to confirm though...
2018-5-1
Use props
mountainpics11
lvl.2
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-5-1 16:19
You say "before flying". So it's still on the ground when you try to engage APAS? I believe it needs to be in the air and clear of obstacles which it could sense when engaged. I'd need to confirm though...

Yes, I engaged the APAS AFTER takeoff, and it no longer gave me that error message.  Thanks
2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It is recommended to use APAS in the air. With APAS enabled, the aircraft will auto plan the flight route when encountering an obstacle. You can push the pitch stick forward or backward, and the aircraft will fly around the obstacle. If the aircraft cannot go around the obstacle, it will hover in place. Do not fly the aircraft over small obstacles or in a narrow area as APAS may not function normally.
2018-5-1
Use props
mountainpics11
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-1 19:29
It is recommended to use APAS in the air. With APAS enabled, the aircraft will auto plan the flight route when encountering an obstacle. You can push the pitch stick forward or backward, and the aircraft will fly around the obstacle. If the aircraft cannot go around the obstacle, it will hover in place. Do not fly the aircraft over small obstacles or in a narrow area as APAS may not function normally.

Got it.  I didn't see any spot in the owner's manual that mentioned the fact that it can't be engaged until it's in the air, so I wasn't sure.  Thanks
2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mountainpics11 Posted at 2018-5-1 19:31
Got it.  I didn't see any spot in the owner's manual that mentioned the fact that it can't be engaged until it's in the air, so I wasn't sure.  Thanks

You are welcome. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
2018-5-8
Use props
Arnon Ophir
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-8 00:19
You are welcome. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Hi Susan.

I was looking for the answer for this in the literature and not quite sure the information there is accurate , maybe you could clarify ?
The DJI  manual says that whenever you are in the intelligent flight modes ( active track being one ?) the APAS automatically disengage and resumes when intelligent mode is exited
Could the drone go around obstacles and resumes tracking a subject  ( in active track) without  the APAS  ?
when in the green  " safe mode " is the APAS engaged ?

Thanks.
2018-9-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Arnon Ophir Posted at 2018-9-29 12:33
Hi Susan.

I was looking for the answer for this in the literature and not quite sure the information there is accurate , maybe you could clarify ?

Hi Arnon, sorry for the late response due to the holiday. Just as the user manual mentioned, the APAS feature is automatically disabled when using Intelligent Flight Mode and will resume automatically after exiting from Intelligent Flight Mode. If you want to use ActivatTrack, please refer to the below to check. For Parallel and Spotlight mode, the obstacles avoidance will not work, please kindly note and understand.
ActiveTrack.png
2018-10-10
Use props
digitaldog
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Vision systems are disabled in Active Track, thanks.
2018-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules