P3A Controller: Strange Charging LED Sequence
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyboyTR
lvl.1

[size=14.6667px]This is a short video showing my new P3A controller while charging. This unit arrived from DJI 4 days ago.
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]Yesterday, after unboxing I proceeded to charge everything starting with the drone battery first. I charged the drone battery per instructions (no problems...exactly as described). I unplugged it when it was finished (all the LED's turned off) and then plugged in the controller. Initially only the first LED was blinking and it slowly continued until all four were blinking (that took about 4 hours. Then it started the sequence shown in the attached video. I left it on the charger overnight and when I took it off the charger this morning this was the flash pattern as shown in the video. After removing it from the charger, the controller was indicating a full charge. I flew the drone once (first flight) and returned the controller to the charger. It has been on charge for 8 hours. It is still showing this strange flashing sequence. I am unable to find anything that tells me what is going on with this...so I don't know if this is proper or not. I assumed they lights would have gone out when full (same as the drone battery).
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]Does anyone have any ideas about this?
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]  
2018-5-2
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Haven't seen this before. Pretty sure it is not normal, but don't know if there is any concern either. I guess you need to see what it does after you use it some. Maybe after the RC runs the battery down it will straighten out with the next recharge. Good luck!
2018-5-2
Use props
FlyboyTR
lvl.1

RicardoGray Posted at 2018-5-2 05:27
Haven't seen this before. Pretty sure it is not normal, but don't know if there is any concern either. I guess you need to see what it does after you use it some. Maybe after the RC runs the battery down it will straighten out with the next recharge. Good luck!

Thanks.  I reached out to DJI and after looking at the video they agree that something is wrong...and also that they have never seen this before!  At least I got a couple of flights out of the new P3A before having to park it on a shelf!  I will be sending it off tomorrow.
2018-5-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yup, send it back, get a proper working model.

Thanks for sharing the video.

RedHotPoker
2018-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules