Camera case warped?
1433 13 2015-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roy
lvl.2

United States

Has anyone's camera case gotten warped to the point where it won't stay closed? Mine keeps popping open, only way to keep it closed is to put it in its slot in the case.

I never exposedit to unusual forces or anything. 99% of the time it is sitting in the OEM case. Not a huge deal but just one more frustration. I have a feeling if I ask DJI to replace it they'll want me to send the entire rig back for 5-8 weeks for troubleshooting!
2015-5-10
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had the same problem.  I wonder what the cost is to just replace it (probably cheaper then shipping back your entire Inspire).  I know, you shouldn't have to pay anything because it should be under warranty.  I'm wondering if the newer cases are any better.
2015-5-10
Use props
n.peterson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8031880 ft
United States

Actually it isn't under warranty as they consider it a complimentary item. If you look at the Whats in the Box PDF you will see that there are many items like the Inspire Case, Camera Gimbal Case, SD Card, Micro USB Cables, Harness, ND Filter, Remote Control Charging Cable.  On the bottom of the PDF says, "* Complementaries are not covered by Warranty".
2015-5-10
Use props
roy
lvl.2

United States

n.peterson@me.c Posted at 2015-5-11 12:07
Actually it isn't under warranty as they consider it a complimentary item. If you look at the Whats  ...

Well that sucks.

I have no interest in buying another camera case from DJI because it will probably end up with the same problem.

So are there any aftermarket camera cases that will fit in the Inspire case? I seriously doubt it but if warping is a common occurance someone ought to start making an aftermarket option. But not charge an arm and a leg for it!
2015-5-10
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

same here, its just a cheap piece of plastic crap anyway.  I mostly just leave mine connected cause its such a PITA to take all apart and put together every time i wanna go fly somewhere and its hard to get in travel mode anyway, if you dont have the perfect surface its sensors cant detect it tries to go to fly mode every time and theres no fucking enter travel mode in my app for some reason, only exit.  ive got a 2013 f350 crew cab and it fits on my backseat fully intact pretty nicely.  Contemplating buying one of those cases that it will fit in fully intact but havent yet cause they are quite spendy, around 500 bucks or more last i looked.
2015-5-10
Use props
n.peterson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8031880 ft
United States

The case was never meant to last, as it has what they call a living hinge, as overtime you open and close it the hinge with weaken and finally break, as for a replacement you can buy a new replacement of what you have, just google it, I'm still looking for a better one myself, if i find one, i will let you all know........
2015-5-10
Use props
roy
lvl.2

United States

n.peterson@me.c Posted at 2015-5-11 12:26
The case was never meant to last, as it has what they call a living hinge, as overtime you open and  ...

Well, considering the case they give you is designed specifically to hold the camera in THAT case, it is ridiculous that they don't intend for it to last. Once the camera case fails what are we supposed to transport the camera in?

Just another example of DJI not giving a shit about their customers.
2015-5-13
Use props
Muzzy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi Roy.

Mine was like that when I unpacked the thing. Emailed DJI about it and asked for a replacement and guess what - never had a reply!

Muzzy.
2015-5-14
Use props
Propslinger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19633 ft
  • >>>
United States

I used a heat gun to soften the plastic, and that worked for a few months but like n.peterson said its a "living hinge". Not meant to last.
2015-5-14
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Propslinger Posted at 2015-5-15 05:07
I used a heat gun to soften the plastic, and that worked for a few months but like n.peterson said i ...

Has anyone come across a case to replace the case that holds the camera and gimbal?
2015-6-18
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Austria

Theres a everyday solution for cases like these!

Its called a rubber band
2015-6-18
Use props
mattd
lvl.3

Australia

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-6-19 01:24
Theres a everyday solution for cases like these!

Its called a rubber band

or velcro ties/strips
2015-6-18
Use props
Yapstrapper
lvl.2

United States

mine had never stayed closed from the day I bought the I1, It's had a rubber band on it since the first day
2015-6-18
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I wonder if you can 3D Print a new case
2015-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now