Which Phantom ?
862 9 2018-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M Sills
New

United States

All,
I found a crashed phantom standard in my backyard.
The battery had popped out. The battery test button shows the battery to be dead.
I jerry rigged a laptop charger to the battery BUT it flashes all red & will not take a chg.
Has the battery died ? Which phantom do I have a 2 or a 3?
It is white, with red stripes. I looked at many PH3 & PH2 videos & they look identical.
Do I have to get it powered up & connected to my laptop to read if it is 2 OR 3 ?
Does it matter ?
Do both use the same battery ?
Do both use the same controller ?
Can I use my AMAZON KINDLE FIRE HDX to see what the camera sees via bluetooth?
How about my AMAZON KINDLE 7 - 2017?

~thanX!!!

sillsmack@comcast.net
2018-5-2
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you looking to find the owner or are you planning on keeping it?

You will need the DJI battery charger to charge it and yes it needs to be powered on when connecting to a computer to determine the model.

The Kindle Fire's are not supported devices for the DJI GO app.
2018-5-2
Use props
Oldav8tor
lvl.2
United States

When I registered my drone and put the registration number on it I also put my cell phone number.  Since I don't believe the FAA has a way we can track drone registration numbers to their owners about the only way you have much chance of getting a lost one back is to do something similar.  Alternatively you could put "Lost Drone" posters up around the neighborhood but I wouldn't hold out much hope. Considering what we have to pay for drones it would certainly be nice if we have a chance of getting one back that is lost.  
2018-5-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

My understanding is that the owner can be found via the FA number, but only if the AC is turned into the local police.  DJI won't give info regarding the registered owner of the AC via the FC number.  FAA won't either.  You have to turn the crashed AC into your local police dept, who will in turn, contact FAA, and from there, the owner will be found, for better or for worse.  This is what I've gathered from reading similar threads over the years.

All this is moot since it seems obvious the OP is not interested in finding the rightful owner.  
2018-5-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Post a pic so we can tell you which version of Phantom it is.

RedHotPoker
2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

I would recommend you post a picture here for further help. And you can also find the owner through the forum. Thanks for your cooperation.
2018-5-2
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

"Which phantom do I have a 2 or a 3?"
I don't know of the rules in US but you might have something that is stolen from someone else and/or have been replaced by an insurance company that now would be the legal owner.
That is how it would be here, we might could get a little reward for finding it or a compensation if we claimed damage was caused by the crash, but it would not be a keeper.
2018-5-3
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

What voltage value is printed on the Phantoms battery 11.1 or 14.8 Volts?
What Gimbal is mounted to the AC ? Do you have a picture of it?
2018-5-3
Use props
LarBear360
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63537 ft

The Phantom 2 series was discontinued due to the number of explosions due to faulty batteries. Hopefully it's not a P2. If it is, be careful with attempting to charge the battery. It can kill you.

If it's a P3, assuming you obtain a controller, charger, and compatible mobile device ($800- $900), you will need the 4-Digit PIN code assigned by the original owner before it will ever fly again. Other experienced owners and pilots on this thread will know what I'm talking about :>
2018-5-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

LarBear360 Posted at 2018-5-5 12:06
The Phantom 2 series was discontinued due to the number of explosions due to faulty batteries. Hopefully it's not a P2. If it is, be careful with attempting to charge the battery. It can kill you.

If it's a P3, assuming you obtain a controller, charger, and compatible mobile device ($800- $900), you will need the 4-Digit PIN code assigned by the original owner before it will ever fly again. Other experienced owners and pilots on this thread will know what I'm talking about :>

I've never heard this.   Do you have a link?  

I thought the P2 series was discontinued for the same reason the P3A/P was discontinued - it became obsolete.
2018-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules