DJI Repair Service
1041 6 2018-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mad Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1398950 ft
United States

I have spent clost to $5000 dollars U.S. on DJI equipment since december 2017. I have sent one of My Mavic Pro Platinum's in for repair after a crash. The forward vision system failed to detect a tree and crashed, falling some 50 feet to the ground. I sent it in expecting a fair deal to have the drone repair but the invoice was more than the cost for a new unit.
I had plans to purchase an Inspire 2 in July 2018, but after the news of the extreemly overpriced repair bill, I will not be buying any more DJI products and I advise anyone considering a DJI drown, beware

They arent interested in customer loyality, only making money. Shame on thenm, i will wait on a competator to develop.

2018-5-2
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I recently sent my Tello drone into Ryze and DJI Repair Service in California replaced my Tello and the drone was out of my person for 5 days door-to-door. I have other DJI drones that haven't been sent in for repair but I'm hoping the Tello is a proxy for what one could expect? I think depending on the problem, the biggest issue with DJI Service is the timetable of evaluating problem drones, ie. they need to get various approvals to replace expensive drones that fall under Warranty service.
2018-5-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

tree and crashed, falling some 50 feet to the ground.
I sent it in expecting a fair deal to have the drone repair but the invoice was more than the cost for a new unit.

Being vehicles loose against trees, and a fall of 50-feet destroys most vehicles, I can't image much of drone being salvageable.
Got any pictures of what was left of drone that you sent in for repair?  

Easy to see how cost of parts, repair labor, and calibration of badly crashed drone, could easily exceed price of a new one.

2018-5-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-5-2 18:18
I recently sent my Tello drone into Ryze and DJI Repair Service in California replaced my Tello and the drone was out of my person for 5 days door-to-door. I have other DJI drones that haven't been sent in for repair but I'm hoping the Tello is a proxy for what one could expect? I think depending on the problem, the biggest issue with DJI Service is the timetable of evaluating problem drones, ie. they need to get various approvals to replace expensive drones that fall under Warranty service.

The shipping time to DJI and return to customer eats up nearly two weeks of repair time here in U.S.
Not sure what it would cost extra for DJI to setup 2-day shipping both ways.  Companies usually get discounts.

Maybe DJI would consider setting up option for customers to pay difference between regular shipping and 2-day expedited shipping both ways?
2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry to read on your unpleasant experience with our repair center, I managed to get the case number via your Forum account CAS-1700484-Z3X4T0, it seems you didn't require data analysis when you filled in online repair request form, the quotation was sent to you directly after damage assessment. If you believe the crash was not caused by pilot error, we would apply data analysis for you. But I saw you have requested to send the drone back without repair, please let us know your option, thank you.
2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-2 18:26
The shipping time to DJI and return to customer eats up nearly two weeks of repair time here in U.S.
Not sure what it would cost extra for DJI to setup 2-day shipping both ways.  Companies usually get discounts.

Hedge, thanks for your suggestion, we will forward it to our management department for consideration to keep optimizing our customer service.
2018-5-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-2 19:01
Hedge, thanks for your suggestion, we will forward it to our management department for consideration to keep optimizing our customer service.

Thank you.  
2018-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules