Just got prompted to update FW to v01.00.0400 on my Mavic Air
9993 102 2018-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kristopher250
lvl.2
Flight distance : 159324 ft
United States

I applied this update yesterday and had by FAR my longest flight without signal breakup. I'll be flying again today to see if the increased range was just an anomaly or if it was real. Is anyone else getting incrementally better range after applying this update?
2018-5-6
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft

Just done the update here and all went well quick flight in the garden to test and had this message pop up which I have never seen before from here...
2018-5-6
Use props
DJIFlo2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 208140 ft
United States

Updated mine and crashed after flying 3 batteries. MA stopped responding to stick inputs in sport mode. DJI looking into it. More details here. https://forum.dji.com/thread-147265-1-1.html?mobile=2
Maybe some of you fine pilots can help shine a light on if this was user error or MA issue.
Thanks
2018-5-7
Use props
RimasRS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3225 ft
Lithuania

I saw already few reports with this update, that ac stops responding to rc. Few crashes already. I even afraid to fly untill problems will be solved.
2018-5-7
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

Is the connection with aircraft ok when not responding to RC? Or the connection also lost?
2018-5-7
Use props
DJIFlo2
lvl.3
United States

GDL: the connection to the controller is not lost. It just stops responding and keeps moving. No interfere warning etc. This happened with the MA maybe 50 feet away from me.
2018-5-8
Use props
Robogo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73343 ft
United Kingdom

After this update I (and a few others) have a 'Motor current error' warning from time to time. In perfect conditions (25°C, no wind), even when hovering .... strange error. Had no problem with the previous firmware. Hopefully they'll fix it quick.
2018-5-8
Use props
sstimeare
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41437 ft
United States

I would caution anyone who hasn't already updated.... my upgrade has been a disaster, I've also been reading on this forum and others similar accounts.  Here is my story

I've been having issues after update. My MA now drifts and rotates on it's own. While recording it would start to pan left, i would constantly try to compensate and it would then continue to rotate. After a few seconds it would stop. MA also would drift continuously to the left. I redid all my settings after update. Did compass calibration and IMU as well. I'm positive this is because of the update, everything worked perfectly before the firmware update. I've updated the drone, remote and batteries using Assistant 2.. I also made sure i Downloaded the newest version of GO4. I've run visual calibration through Assistant as well as a remote calibration for the sticks on remote. Took off at 3 different locations, miles apart in an open field with no concrete or metal.

I'm out of ideas since i can't roll back the firmware. Mean while my Air is unflyable and everyday i'm loosing potential money. I've had the AIR for a month (first DJI product) and i gotta say i'm super disappointed and annoyed by DJI, their lack of customer service and the constant issues and trouble shooting involved with the AIR. Hope this firmware issues resolved soon or they're gonna loose a loyal customer. I want to love this product so much...... but DJI is making it real hard.
2018-5-8
Use props
DJIFlo2
lvl.3
United States

Quick update below, will need to send mine in to DJI. Was hoping they could at least look at the logs or DAT file but I guess they don't.

Just a few other users who seem to have the same problem, MA intermittently unresponsive after last firmware update:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=147538
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=146987
Also, user GDL seem to have similiar issue in my post:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-147265-1-1.html
2018-5-8
Use props
sstimeare
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41437 ft
United States

UPDATE:  So after redoing the Visual Calibration through DJI assistant and doing a remote sticks calibration, along with uninstalling and reinstalling GO4, the problem seems to have been resolved.  I don't know if it was a combonation of all of these, or if it was just one of them that fixed it.  But, Air now hovers in place and doesn't shift.  Fly's straight and doesn't seem to rotate on its own anymore.  Flew in various flight modes as well as Sport, all seemed to work fine.  I'm also not getting tons of compass calibration alerts anymore.  Very weird...

Hope that helps anyone with similar issue.
2018-5-9
Use props
New Drone Pilot
lvl.2
United States

FWIW: I went out Saturday to fly and got a warning about being in a restricted zone (still don't fully understand zones and restrictions).  Anyway, I tried entering information to bypass restriction and still couldn't take off.  I saw the firmware upgrade notice and did the upgrade.  Very confusing - wasn't sure if/when I was updating DJI Go app or firmware.  Anyway, I got through that.  Then, I could take off!  So, I don't know if the request I put in to bypass the no-fly zone was accepted or acknowledged, or if the firmware was the reason I couldn't take off.

I'm really new to drones and the Mavic Air.  I ran the B4UFly app and saw several blue shaded zones around, some with helicopters.  There are no airports of any size within miles of my house.  I flew around my house a couple of weeks ago with absolutely no problem.
2018-5-9
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

New Drone Pilot Posted at 2018-5-9 08:46
FWIW: I went out Saturday to fly and got a warning about being in a restricted zone (still don't fully understand zones and restrictions).  Anyway, I tried entering information to bypass restriction and still couldn't take off.  I saw the firmware upgrade notice and did the upgrade.  Very confusing - wasn't sure if/when I was updating DJI Go app or firmware.  Anyway, I got through that.  Then, I could take off!  So, I don't know if the request I put in to bypass the no-fly zone was accepted or acknowledged, or if the firmware was the reason I couldn't take off.

I'm really new to drones and the Mavic Air.  I ran the B4UFly app and saw several blue shaded zones around, some with helicopters.  There are no airports of any size within miles of my house.  I flew around my house a couple of weeks ago with absolutely no problem.

Usually the HeliPort sign is for Hospitals with Helipad for LifeFlight operations.

Be VERY aware of manned aircraft!!

Randy
2018-5-9
Use props
New Drone Pilot
lvl.2
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-5-9 09:51
Usually the HeliPort sign is for Hospitals with Helipad for LifeFlight operations.

Be VERY aware of manned aircraft!!

I would certainly do everything I can to avoid manned aircraft!   

But here's a question: By law, and by the limit set in the app, I cannot fly my drone above 400 feet.  Aren't airplanes restricted to fly at 1000 feet or more above ground?  God forbid, but say I'm flying around 300 - 400 feet and a low flying aircraft hits my drone.  Doesn't the pilot of the plane bear some (or all) responsibility?
2018-5-9
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft
United Kingdom

New Drone Pilot Posted at 2018-5-9 10:11

But here's a question: By law, and by the limit set in the app, I cannot fly my drone above 400 feet.  Aren't airplanes restricted to fly at 1000 feet or more above ground?  God forbid, but say I'm flying around 300 - 400 feet and a low flying aircraft hits my drone.  Doesn't the pilot of the plane bear some (or all) responsibility?

Apperently planes are allowed to fly down to an altitude of 400ft. Not even a buffer zone.
2018-5-9
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

New Drone Pilot Posted at 2018-5-9 10:11

It is 100% the responsibility of the Drone pilot to NOT be in the path of any Manned aircraft.

Please read and review the sUAS Facility Maps.....

https://www.faa.gov/uas/request_waiver/uas_facility_maps/

Go down to Quick Links  and click  "View all UAS Facility Maps and grids"

Then in the window click at the bottom,  "View all UAS Facility Maps and grids"  yeah, it's the same words

Then zoom in to your area of operation.....the grids have a number.....this is the Max Altitude you may fly in that area.  If you are within 5 Miles of any airport and do NOT have an FAA Waiver or Authorization then you CAN NOT FLY in that area even if it has a max flight altitude listed........AIRMAP is a good tool.

Randy
2018-5-9
Use props
New Drone Pilot
lvl.2
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-5-9 10:58
It is 100% the responsibility of the Drone pilot to NOT be in the path of any Manned aircraft.

Please read and review the sUAS Facility Maps.....

Thanks for the link.  There are no grids anywhere near my house.  In B4UFly, I see a couple of small airports shown, but these are private, with dirt/grass runways and are at least 3 or 4 miles away.  Nothing shown in the map you linked.

I often see private planes around my house, but they're always up there at least 1000 feet.  Now occasionally, we do get low-flying helicopters.  If I here the sound of helicopters, I'll take my drone down to treetop level!
2018-5-9
Use props
djiuser_odhV1SRnZOvf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1290892 ft
Bulgaria

Hey guys, I am constantly getting 'Motor Current error' and I am wondering of anybody is having this issue after the update?

My Mavic Air is only 13hrs old and I never seen this error before. I get it every time I fly now since I updated the firmware. Weather conditions are pretty normal and I do not fly it in sport mode.

Yesterday I decided to bring the drone to the nearest DJI store, they tested it and couldn't reproduce the issue inside the store. They even tried to downgrade but it turned out to be impossible with this update. They told me to test it little bit more and if I have any issues again to bring it for more detailed look.

I am pretty concerned about this error even though I see it flying normal and hovering stable as expected.

Any help or advice on what the heck is happening here will be much appreciated.

Forgot to mention that I did change the propellers and the aircraft has never been crashed or anything like that...

Screenshot_20180507-125305.jpg
Screenshot_20180507-135016.jpg
2018-5-9
Use props
djiuser_odhV1SRnZOvf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1290892 ft
Bulgaria

Robogo Posted at 2018-5-8 07:30
After this update I (and a few others) have a 'Motor current error' warning from time to time. In perfect conditions (25°C, no wind), even when hovering .... strange error. Had no problem with the previous firmware. Hopefully they'll fix it quick.

Same here... any solution? Should I even fly it like this? Its every time...  brand new drone
Screenshot_20180507-135016.jpg
2018-5-9
Use props
darrc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5558 ft
Singapore

Up for awareness of the potential glitched firmware .0400
2018-5-13
Use props
Crash-Test-Dummy
lvl.2
United States

Bigguns Posted at 2018-5-6 03:15
Why are you praising DJI for fixing something that should not have to be fixed in the first place  ?

They should not be selling products to the public that are not fully ready for the market,they should be tested to the point that they will NEVER need any update.

I wasn't angered by having to do a FW update, I was angry because I had a $1000 paperweight until I did!  I don't get many opportunities to fly, usually a battery's worth of flight time per session.  HAVING to burn up a battery, daylight, and TIME doing an update when I _could_ be out flying is what p1ssed me off!!  

I understand that there will be firmware updates.  I deal with them in my day job, and maintain my gear after work.  It happens, I accept that.  I'm one who keeps my OSs and firmware up to date, it's just good policy.  What I seriously have issues with is making my device unusable until I do.  That's not good coding!

I got the thing to fly, not patch!  If I want to play Patchmaster, I'll sit at the keyboard of my Raspberry PI!!  
So let me fly it, DJI, I'll patch when I can't fly, after the sun goes down, and after I've finished dinner (or, perhaps, while I'm making dinner).

Let me click through the update, get my flight done, and then let me patch after the sun goes down.  If the thing isn't flying right, I'd already be looking for a patch.  Since it was flying right in my last flights, then let me click through the announcement to postpone the update and enjoy a flight.  It's not that difficult to do. EVERY platform I work on with OSs, Windows, unix, MacOS, IOS, my home weather station, etc., lets me do that, why not a DJI product?!?  
2018-5-16
Use props
DJIFlo2
lvl.3
Switzerland

Update: DJI send me a new drone. So definitely something not right with latest firmware.
2018-5-28
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

DJIFlo2 Posted at 2018-5-28 09:06
Update: DJI send me a new drone. So definitely something not right with latest firmware.

I have been flying my MA since the update to .0400 back in early May with no problems at all, at least 12 flights, all functions work fine, although have not tried waypoints (use Litchi for that), everything else is good.
2018-5-28
Use props
Bourne11
lvl.1
Canada

How long did this update take? I've been downloading for 4 hours and only at 46% My connection downloads at 316Mbps, this seems to be taking too long.
2019-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules