Commercial Flight Area. Need Authorization.
338 4 2018-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3a2f400e
lvl.1
United States

Pretty sure I have read everything right but I just wanted to ask someone else.  If you fly in this example attached and you are certified part 107 do you still have to get a air space authorization for FAA that could take 90 days??  If so how are all these people turning around real estate photography in 2 days??

Capture.JPG
2018-5-3
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I'm not a sectional chart expert, nor am I a 107 certificate holder.  But my understanding is that those sort of faded magenta circles are marking Class E starting at 700 feet AGL.  That means you would be in Glass G if you flew under 700 feet AGL up.  That means it's not controlled airspace under 700 feet and you can fly all you want.  Let somebody confirm.  
2018-5-3
Use props
fans3a2f400e
lvl.1
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-5-3 10:50
I'm not a sectional chart expert, nor am I a 107 certificate holder.  But my understanding is that those sort of faded magenta circles are marking Class E starting at 700 feet AGL.  That means you would be in Glass G if you flew under 700 feet AGL.  That means it's not controlled airspace under 700 feet.  Let somebody confirm.

That was what I thought too but I have seen lots of mixed comments.
2018-5-3
Use props
Oldav8tor
lvl.2
United States

I don't see any restricted airspace on the chart segment attached to your post.  The MOA in the bottom right corner begins at 11,000 feet so not an issue.  Operating on or near the airports shown should only take a courtesy call to the manager.  Unless there is a dashed magenta line around the airport, Class E airspace begins at 700 agl like Mark the Droner said.  If there is no magenta ring (like those on your map) around the airport, Class E begins at 1200 feet. All the airspace of interest to you is Class G.  Note the existence of a VR route (low level) on the left side of the chart.  The four digit ID means the whole route is flown below 1500 agl and may be flown at speeds in excess of 250 kts.  Use vigilance if operating within a few miles of such a route. BTW, there really are no Commercial Flight Areas.  What differentiates one airport from another is whether it has an instrument approach (non-precision or precision) and the amount of traffic they receive.  Busy airports tend to have longer runways, precision approaches and often, control towers.  The purpose of the various airspace classification is to protect airplanes flying on instruments from others attempting to fly under the scud. The busier the airport, the more restrictive the airspace...especially when the airport in question has numerous scheduled airline arrivals and departures.
2018-5-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry about this. Please kindly write an email to flysafe@dji.com, the right team will guide you the further steps.
2018-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules