Drone Repair Timeframe
984 24 2018-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alvin_DJI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38612 ft
Canada

Hi. Have a P4Pron and concerned about the time frame I will receive my drone back as I’ll need it by may 26. I’ve sent it in on May 1st. And concerned after reading a bunch of horror stories of people recovering it after 2 months or even dismantled.

Issue I have are:
Gimbal Squeak
Gimbal moves on it on side to side for no reason
Propeller blade clips loose
Cracks in the landing gear with no harsh landings
Video transmission appears upside down at times
Gimbal acts and goes crazy at times
Micro SD card goes in slanted
Cracks in back of phone mount on controller
Rubber charge port piece for the drone has come off.

I’m in desperate need of this Drone. And reading from the other forums. It sounds like I won’t be getting it back in time.

I’m super worried now!!!!

My warranty ends the 15th if May. This year. Which is the only reason I’m sending it in. Now I can’t get DJI Refresh since I won’t receive it back in time. Rip. HELLPPPPPPPP

Any thoughts?
DA5F6690-A9CE-4BFF-952F-0FB15B3C9F2A.jpeg
2018-5-4
Use props
Alvin_DJI
lvl.2
Canada

P4Pro Repair Timeframe

Alvin_DJI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6185

Canada

Hi. Have a P4Pron and concerned about the time frame I will receive my drone back as I’ll need it by may 26. I’ve sent it in on May 1st. And concerned after reading a bunch of horror stories of people recovering it after 2 months or even dismantled.

Issue I have are:
Gimbal Squeak
Gimbal moves on it on side to side for no reason
Propeller blade clips loose
Cracks in the landing gear with no harsh landings
Video transmission appears upside down at times
Gimbal acts and goes crazy at times
Micro SD card goes in slanted
Cracks in back of phone mount on controller
Rubber charge port piece for the drone has come off.

I’m in desperate need of this Drone. And reading from the other forums. It sounds like I won’t be getting it back in time.

I’m super worried now!!!!

My warranty ends the 15th if May. This year. Which is the only reason I’m sending it in. Now I can’t get DJI Refresh since I won’t receive it back in time. Rip. HELLPPPPPPPP

Any thoughts?

4A317E2E-4FFD-445D-80CB-083E62AC309B.jpeg
2018-5-4
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I think you might not get it back in that time but you could be lucky ...
From my own experience with one return and by reading in here i think the average turnaround time is one month.

Not sure why it takes so long as it seem they only rarely repair anything but just replace it with something else (that might show up not be working as expected).
2018-5-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Alvin, did you want to buy DJI Care Refresh+? If you just wanted to buy Care Refresh, we will send you message after the drone send back to you. Any doubt, please keep us updated, thanks.
2018-5-4
Use props
Alvin_DJI
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-4 23:19
Alvin, did you want to but DJI Care Refresh+? If you just wanted to buy Care Refresh, we will send you message after the drone send back to you. Any doubt, please keep us updated, thanks.

Is there any way you can expedite it once you receive t. Based on the time frame estimated. It should be back in time. I need it for a trip. If you guys put a ETA. That should be accurate. Not some BS that is just made up out of he blue when it really comes in about 6 weeks
2018-5-5
Use props
Alvin_DJI
lvl.2
Canada

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-4 22:16
I think you might not get it back in that time but you could be lucky ...
From my own experience with one return and by reading in here i think the average turnaround time is one month.

Yeah. I don’t see why they even put a inaccurate estimated time frame. Like what’s the point. I swear if DJI doesn’t send it back in time. I’ll make them send one out. Somehow.
2018-5-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Alvin_DJI Posted at 2018-5-5 21:16
Is there any way you can expedite it once you receive t. Based on the time frame estimated. It should be back in time. I need it for a trip. If you guys put a ETA. That should be accurate. Not some BS that is just made up out of he blue when it really comes in about 6 weeks

Hi Alvin, I managed to get your case number via your Forum account CAS-1661120-C8X4C3, per the tracking number, the package hasn't arrived in facility and there is no update since 2018/05/03. But we will transfer your concern to local team to do our best to expedite the repair when it arrives, but the package still cannot be guaranteed to be sent back to you by may 26 since we haven't received the package, hope you will get it back as expected.
2018-5-6
Use props
Alvin_DJI
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-6 20:03
Hi Alvin, I managed to get your case number via your Forum account CAS-1661120-C8X4C3, per the tracking number, the package hasn't arrived in facility and there is no update since 2018/05/03. But we will transfer your concern to local team to do our best to expedite the repair when it arrives, but the package still cannot be guaranteed to be sent back to you by may 26 since we haven't received the package, hope you will get it back as expected.

I need it. For a trip for my high school. For the 31st of May. So I want to test everything. Pleaseeeee. As long as you try it’s worth the try.
2018-5-6
Use props
Alvin_DJI
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-6 20:03

Can you expedite the shipping process back?
2018-5-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Alvin_DJI Posted at 2018-5-6 22:59
Can you expedite the shipping process back?

We have transferred your request to the local team and we will do our best to expedite the whole process when it arrives, appreciate your patience.
2018-5-6
Use props
Alvin_DJI
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-6 23:11
We have transferred your request to the local team and we will do our best to expedite the whole process when it arrives, appreciate your patience.

Ok. Got my work order as to what is going to be fixed. But there were also issues with the rc. The remote controls charge port cover piece broke off and there’s a crack on the back side of the phone holder. Even though I never dropped it.

And the invoice never mentioned anything with the remote controll I meeed this drone fixed. Only the aircraft got fixed.

Wth DJI?
2018-5-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Alvin_DJI Posted at 2018-5-10 08:05
Ok. Got my work order as to what is going to be fixed. But there were also issues with the rc. The remote controls charge port cover piece broke off and there’s a crack on the back side of the phone holder. Even though I never dropped it.

And the invoice never mentioned anything with the remote controll I meeed this drone fixed. Only the aircraft got fixed.

Alvin, per checking with the local team, the RC was not deemed as damaged, the package has already been shipped out, please check the tracking status later.
2018-5-10
Use props
Alvin_DJI
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-10 22:07
Alvin, per checking with the local team, the RC was not deemed as damaged, the package has already been shipped out, please check the tracking status later.

How is that not considered damage.? That makes no sense
2018-5-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Alvin_DJI Posted at 2018-5-11 02:39
How is that not considered damage.? That makes no sense

Per the damage assessment, the local team did not find any obvious RC issues expect the missing cover. May I have some pictures of the crack issue you referred? We'd like to double check with the local team.
2018-5-12
Use props
Alvin_DJI
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-12 22:43
Per the damage assessment, the local team did not find any obvious RC issues expect the missing cover. May I have some pictures of the crack issue you referred? We'd like to double check with the local team.

I have not recieve the drone back yet. I don’t understand how them deemed there’s no damage. Like? I will send photos once I get it back.

Also. The gaps on my battery a super poor. Totally tilted to one side.
FDB578D8-6C89-4EC0-B34F-D1817C7FE239.jpeg
C4579C4B-AD96-45EC-8EAD-2EA5D5BC8992.jpeg
C13A2EE9-34CB-4D1D-8C41-B9A727416D16.jpeg
2018-5-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Alvin_DJI Posted at 2018-5-12 22:46
I have not recieve the drone back yet. I don’t understand how them deemed there’s no damage. Like? I will send photos once I get it back.

Also. The gaps on my battery a super poor. Totally tilted to one side.

Alvin, the package is on the way back to you, please provide the pictures when you receive them and insert the battery into the aircraft to show us the gap, thank you.
2018-5-13
Use props
Alvin_DJI
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-13 20:02
Alvin, the package is on the way back to you, please provide the pictures when you receive them and insert the battery into the aircraft to show us the gap, thank you.

I just showed you the gaps for the battery it self.

Here it is again. I can stick my finger on one side almost. And one side I can’t. And take notice of the text (Phantom 4)  slanted/tilted to the right.
DF1565F2-0A78-4151-A77A-3B80375AF195.jpeg
4DFDBAC6-AE2D-4131-B6A7-A9FF796F7D1B.jpeg
8A87BF43-2D5B-4267-A11A-4AA2EBD34191.jpeg
2018-5-13
Use props
Alvin_DJI
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-13 20:02

Can you transfer this issue to the local team.
2018-5-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Alvin_DJI Posted at 2018-5-13 21:49
Can you transfer this issue to the local team.

Alvin, I have confirmed with the related engineers and this is normal, please don't worry.
2018-5-14
Use props
Alvin_DJI
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-14 01:51
Alvin, I have confirmed with the related engineers and this is normal, please don't worry.

Can you transfer this issue to dji management. Please.
2018-5-14
Use props
Alvin_DJI
lvl.2
Canada

Wow. Just experienced what everyone has been saying about DJI support. I want an explanation as to why the drones rc was not fixed. Nor was any invoice sent in regards to the remote controller.

Their explanation is that oh. It doesn’t affect performance.
2018-5-14
Use props
Alvin_DJI
lvl.2
Canada

Hi. Soon further examination. I see a small crack on the replacement beside the side sensor. Is it safe to fly. I called support and they said it needs to be sent in again. I don’t have that time. I have to do a few shots these next two weeks. And now you guys are saying it needs to be sent back it. I’m beyond mad. I would like a new drone at this point.
2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Alvin_DJI Posted at 2018-5-14 13:58
Hi. Soon further examination. I see a small crack on the replacement beside the side sensor. Is it safe to fly. I called support and they said it needs to be sent in again. I don’t have that time. I have to do a few shots these next two weeks. And now you guys are saying it needs to be sent back it. I’m beyond mad. I would like a new drone at this point.

We are so sorry to hear that there are still some issues with the drone, I see your experience has been escalated by our support team to the higher team to look into, there should be someone already contacted you, the team will keep following up, hope the issue will be sorted out soon.
2018-5-17
Use props
Alvin_DJI
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-17 05:04
We are so sorry to hear that there are still some issues with the drone, I see your experience has been escalated by our support team to the higher team to look into, there should be someone already contacted you, the team will keep following up, hope the issue will be sorted out soon.

Drone box was not fixed. Repeat NOT FOXED. THERES A CRACK ON THE GIMBAL CLAMP.

How do I go to small claims court? Sent in twice and not fixed. Remote control still beeps and goes away faster now.

So. What do you want to do now.

Suppose to get a call back from a manger within the day yesterday. No phone call

2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Alvin_DJI Posted at 2018-8-14 12:56
Drone box was not fixed. Repeat NOT FOXED. THERES A CRACK ON THE GIMBAL CLAMP.

How do I go to small claims court? Sent in twice and not fixed. Remote control still beeps and goes away faster now.

Alvin, we're sorry for the inconvenience. As for the beeps of RC, please try to calibrate the RC and see whether the issue remains. If no luck, please kindly send us the issue video and pictures of the crack gimbal clamp, we'll double check and arrange the next steps for you.
2018-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules