Mavic PP Gimbal gone crazy
1125 10 2018-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RodrigueElHajj
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17264 ft

Hello,
Was in the mid air and suddenly the gimbal went crazy for a while, it fixed itself after around 30 sec. But before that it got stuck while yawning then it started rotating around then it switched from manual to auto focus, defocused switched to cam mode from video and then all got fixed. (i'm just talking about the gimbal the aircraft didn't move)
Happened twice in two flights.

Should I be concerned? or is it a bug from the app that got fixed with today's update (on android) didn't try it yet.
2018-5-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14044577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Random gimbal disconnects happened on my previous, original Mavic but yet to happen on my MPP. Try resetting the camera when back at home, refresh the FW and ensure you're on the latest version of the FW (using Assistant 2) and the GO4 app. This strangely has been known to be caused by the micro SD card but don't ask me how. I'd also calibrate the gimbal too. Are you using ND filters?
2018-5-5
Use props
RodrigueElHajj
Second Officer

A CW Posted at 2018-5-5 05:41
Random gimbal disconnects happened on my previous, original Mavic but yet to happen on my MPP. Try resetting the camera when back at home, refresh the FW and ensure you're on the latest version of the FW (using Assistant 2) and the GO4 app. This strangely has been known to be caused by the micro SD card but don't ask me how. I'd also calibrate the gimbal too. Are you using ND filters?

I actually did change the SD card had sandisk extreme plus and switch to sandisk extreme. FW refresh was done just before I leave home. I redid another one when I got back just incase and I am on the latest FW version.
Yeah I had an ND filter on it but never happened before and was using the same filters.

Could it be the SD card?! strange
As for the gimbal calibration I did one just before the flight, I though it was due to that (bad calibration) but then everything worked perfectly.
And when I changed the battery it happened again
2018-5-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RodrigueElHajj Posted at 2018-5-5 05:46
I actually did change the SD card had sandisk extreme plus and switch to sandisk extreme. FW refresh was done just before I leave home. I redid another one when I got back just incase and I am on the latest FW version.
Yeah I had an ND filter on it but never happened before and was using the same filters.

Is it the first time this has happened and since switching the SD card?
2018-5-5
Use props
RodrigueElHajj
Second Officer

A CW Posted at 2018-5-5 05:48
Is it the first time this has happened and since switching the SD card?

yeah it's the 1st time I fly with the new SD
2018-5-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RodrigueElHajj Posted at 2018-5-5 05:49
yeah it's the 1st time I fly with the new SD

Looks like you have your answer mate. Put the extreme plus back in and format it. Whilst the SanDisk extreme is compatible your specific card may be corrupting the drone in some way. Try switching and fly again. If it stops resetting the gimbal mid flight then voila!
2018-5-5
Use props
RodrigueElHajj
Second Officer

Yeah I'm gonna try that thanks again for the help man!
2018-5-5
Use props
dwainwayne28
lvl.4
Flight distance : 583323 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

This exact thing happened to me about 1 month ago. I brought it down and did a restart and re-calibration and it was resolved.
2018-5-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RodrigueElHajj Posted at 2018-5-5 05:55

No probs - let us know if it happens again.
2018-5-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

RodrigueElHajj Posted at 2018-5-5 05:55

Hope everything will be fine soon. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.
2018-5-6
Use props
RodrigueElHajj
Second Officer
France

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-6 23:45
Hope everything will be fine soon. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.

Hello sorry for the late reply but didn't have the time to try it out before, so switched back to my old microSD tried 3 times today completely flying turning it off changing battery and flying again, and it didn't reset by itself so hopefully this problem is fixed. Thank you
2018-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules