Is there any way I may have disabled my return home fail safe?
514 2 2018-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kevin James ÓBrien
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1788297 ft
United Kingdom

As i said earlierin a post, i thought i was heading for disaster. Well now its happened again, more or less. After my last escapade i decided to refresh the firmware, see if it helps. I went out, did a few low level flights and hit the return home button and all was ok..until i ventured further afield and my bird lost contact. Yep you guessed it, the failsafe failed. My rc simplt could not find my bird so i had to walk about a Kilometre until i picked it back up at around 200 metres away. All this has occured since using my goggles but is there a chance i may have disabled my failsafe somehow?
2018-5-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's easy to check the settings to see what's in there.
The failsafe RTH action on loss of signal is a default setting in the app and would only change if you changed it to either hover or land.
Almost no-one ever changes that setting.
It's more likely that there was another factor responsible and as usual, the solution to the mystery is likely to be found in your recorded flight data.
To look into that, go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
2018-5-5
Use props
Kevin James ÓBrien
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1788297 ft
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 2018-5-5 12:51
It's easy to check the settings to see what's in there.
The failsafe RTH action on loss of signal is a default setting in the app and would only change if you changed it to either hover or land.
Almost no-one ever changes that setting.

Thank you for your input. However i think its down to me this time, Doh!.
I entered the Advanced settings page and the drop box alongside RC Signal lost reaf Landing. Ive now chnged it to Return to home.   Not sure how or even why i did this but i cant blame the leprechauns anymore. Hopefully ive regained my homing pidgeon
2018-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules