Mavic pro only goes up after return to home
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
elmantukas
New
Flight distance : 45709 ft

United Kingdom

Hello everyone
So I have been trying out the mavic pro return to home feature, but all it does it faces the home direction and starts going up, and continues to do so to 500meters but never even bothers to go home, ive tried sorting the settings and its 50 meters, everytime before flying i take off and  i allow it to get gps connection and set the home point, also calibrate the compass before any flight, and still it behaves in such manner, is there something im not doing right? cause if i loose connection i loose the drone 100% now...
2018-5-6
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Upload your flight log from your device here phantomhelp com/LogViewer/Upload/
and post back the link.
2018-5-6
Use props
elmantukas
New
Flight distance : 45709 ft

United Kingdom

It would appear that there is an issue with my obstacle avoidance, I turned it off for RTH and now it comes back without any issues.
2018-5-6
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Another thing to remember is that the sun hitting the OA front sensors can stop the drone dead in it's track until you yaw it away from the sun.
2018-5-6
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Also try to calibrate the IMU as well.  Maybe try to wipe off the bottom and front sensors.  Are you on the latest Firmware?  DJI GO 4 app latest?
2018-5-6
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

elmantukas Posted at 2018-5-6 15:24
It would appear that there is an issue with my obstacle avoidance, I turned it off for RTH and now it comes back without any issues.

I agree that could be your problem.(OA and the sun). If it is facing the sun at the right angle and you hit RTH the MP might  halt ,rise about 15 feet and try to go forward. It happen to me while the sun was low in the sky. I hit RTH and the MP started forward ,stopped and rose, stopped again and then rose again. Once it got really high I canceled RTH, turned the drone around and came home backwards. Now that I am aware of the problem I keep close tabs on the suns location in the sky when I fly. I sometimes will turn off OA before I bring it home.
2018-5-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

elmantukas Posted at 2018-5-6 15:24

Does the OA system work normally when it is not in RTH mode? Facing directly to the strong light might enable obstacle braking of the drone. So please try to shut down the forward sensors if it needs to fly towards the strong light, but be cautious since the OA system is not working.
2018-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules