HORRIBLE SUPPORT
1977 38 2018-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gazoo
lvl.3
Canada

I purchased a MA new on April 14th 2018. Since then I have flown it maybe 8-10 times. The other day I noticed dust behind the lens (inside) and have not had a crash flew in dusty conditions etc. Although at the time it may not be affecting video/photo quality but who is to say it doesnt down the line or slowly get worse after warranty expires.
Long story short I went to online support with DJI and OMG what HORRIBLE service. DJI told me go back to where you purchased it for exchange I did that and they refuse to deal with this saying its a manufacturers issue and need to deal with DJI direct.
DJI is refusing to replace my unit (remember only 3 weeks old) saying I will need to send it in for inspection etc etc.
Why should I have to be without my drone for who knows how long when I just bought it?
This is absolutely HORRIBLE customer service and am VERY disappointed after spending a lot of money on it.

2018-5-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Ok, let us summarise the issue. You have noticed dust or whatever in or behind the lens of your MA but you do not see any effect on your video/photo quality for the time being, right? At the same time you want to be sure that there will be no detrimental effects at a later stage, still correct? This is a letigimate concern but there is naturally no other way than to open a formal support case with DJI (not online but in email) and to send it in for physical inspection. How could they otherwise deal with your request in your opinion? Once the support case is opened, they will send you a return label and examine your aircraft, very simple procedure. By no way could they otherwise find out if it is defective.
2018-5-7
Use props
Gazoo
lvl.3
Canada

Why can DJI not simply have the dealer I purschased it from look at it and confirm the dust? It’s very easy to see. Remember it’s 3 weeks old why should I have to go through the hassle of sending it away waiting etc?
2018-5-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Wacthberger is correct this is the way service is, you cannot expect to receive a new drone or repair, if they can’t inspect it. It’s fairly simple. I realize you were wrongly sent back to your retailer, but there are many retailers that do actually look after customers in your situation, Apple, Best Buy for instance.
2018-5-7
Use props
Gazoo
lvl.3
Canada

Not to mention all the run around I am getting especially from DJI.
2018-5-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Gazoo Posted at 2018-5-7 12:14
Why can DJI not simply have the dealer I purschased it from look at it and confirm the dust? It’s very easy to see. Remember it’s 3 weeks old why should I have to go through the hassle of sending it away waiting etc?

You paid the retailer your contract is with him, his is with dji, you were good enough to give him your business, yet he is not prepared to help you here, so yes you will be without drone for approx 2 weeks, but the process is pretty straight forward.
2018-5-7
Use props
Gazoo
lvl.3
Canada

I received a call from DJI in regards to the issue.
After the support person spent 10 mins explaining to me how to start the repair request online etc I mentined I was located in Canada then was told the online repair request does not work in Canada plus seeing I do not live in a area that is supported by UPS I will have to pay all shipping costs myself to return my drone to them.....what a bunch of bull crap.
Not impressed at all with DJI at this pont.
2018-5-7
Use props
Gazoo
lvl.3
Canada

I pulled out my Sigma 150 macro lens and quickly grabbed a shot to show what I mean. Sorry never bothered setting up my tripod etc for a perfect shot but this proves my point.
Not all specks are on the inside but a fair majority of them are.Clearly someone was asleep at their job the day mine was put together and passed inspection.

2018-5-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Gazoo Posted at 2018-5-7 15:49
I pulled out my Sigma 150 macro lens and quickly grabbed a shot to show what I mean. Sorry never bothered setting up my tripod etc for a perfect shot but this proves my point.
Not all specks are on the inside but a fair majority of them are.Clearly someone was asleep at their job the day mine was put together and passed inspection.

Yeah looks like manufacturing defect, I’m sure it will get sorted for you.
2018-5-7
Use props
Gazoo
lvl.3
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-7 15:58
Yeah looks like manufacturing defect, I’m sure it will get sorted for you.

I dont doubt it will but being I just purchased it it should be a simple go to store get a new one walk out.
Should not have to go through all this PLUS pay out of MY pocket to return it to DJI....thats wrong. I did not create the problem hence should cost me not one red cent to fix.
2018-5-7
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

Gazoo, get it returned to the store. Talk to a manager, do what ever you have to do. DJI customer service is not good, to say the least. They will possibly even return you a refurbished drone instead of your drone. You deserve a brand new drone, with out dust behind the lens. Either that or roll the dice with DJI, and that will result in a minimum of hours on the phone dealing with frustrating people. Also, keep in mind once they have your drone, they "could" tell you it's your fault, and charge you for the repair on top of everything else. Good luck brother.
2018-5-7
Use props
Gazoo
lvl.3
Canada

Bulldog Posted at 2018-5-7 16:03
Gazoo, get it returned to the store. Talk to a manager, do what ever you have to do. DJI customer service is not good, to say the least. They will possibly even return you a refurbished drone instead of your drone. You deserve a brand new drone, with out dust behind the lens. Either that or roll the dice with DJI, and that will result in a minimum of hours on the phone dealing with frustrating people. Also, keep in mind once they have your drone, they "could" tell you it's your fault, and charge you for the repair on top of everything else. Good luck brother.

I have tried with where I bought it they wont even return my calls now.
2018-5-7
Use props
Gazoo
lvl.3
Canada

Bulldog Posted at 2018-5-7 16:03
Gazoo, get it returned to the store. Talk to a manager, do what ever you have to do. DJI customer service is not good, to say the least. They will possibly even return you a refurbished drone instead of your drone. You deserve a brand new drone, with out dust behind the lens. Either that or roll the dice with DJI, and that will result in a minimum of hours on the phone dealing with frustrating people. Also, keep in mind once they have your drone, they "could" tell you it's your fault, and charge you for the repair on top of everything else. Good luck brother.

Well if thats the case trust me every one reading this forum will know how I got screwed by DJI.
As for everyone reading this.....check your lens!
2018-5-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Gazoo Posted at 2018-5-7 16:01
I dont doubt it will but being I just purchased it it should be a simple go to store get a new one walk out.
Should not have to go through all this PLUS pay out of MY pocket to return it to DJI....thats wrong. I did not create the problem hence should cost me not one red cent to fix.

I think unless your retailer helps you out here after all he took your money he didn’t bother to explain the warranty to you or the procedure for returning in the event of defect, so he has some responsibility here. If he does nothing to help then don’t give him any return business .
While you may have a problem with shipping back to dji, it looks like you are going to have to suck that up, I don’t believe dji will offer you anymore than what is the service they have in place, it’s no worse than the treatment you are getting from your retailer who you handed over your money to, he gave you a defective unit that is also his responsibility to check and make sure it is fit for resale, so maybe go rant to him for awhile he might change his mind.
2018-5-7
Use props
Gazoo
lvl.3
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-7 16:23
I think unless your retailer helps you out here after all he took your money he didn’t bother to explain the warranty to you or the procedure for returning in the event of defect, so he has some responsibility here. If he does nothing to help then don’t give him any return business .
While you may have a problem with shipping back to dji, it looks like you are going to have to suck that up, I don’t believe dji will offer you anymore than what is the service they have in place, it’s no worse than the treatment you are getting from your retailer who you handed over your money to, he gave you a defective unit that is also his responsibility to check and make sure it is fit for resale, so maybe go rant to him for awhile he might change his mind.

Who passed inspection on this drone and sold it to the dealer?
DJI can also jump in and talk to the dealer for me.
I blame 100% of this defect on DJI not the dealer. Maybe the dealer has had poor support from DJI in the past and got burnt from previous returns exchanges etc.
2018-5-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Gazoo Posted at 2018-5-7 16:27
Who passed inspection on this drone and sold it to the dealer?
DJI can also jump in and talk to the dealer for me.
I blame 100% of this defect on DJI not the dealer. Maybe the dealer has had poor support from DJI in the past and got burnt from previous returns exchanges etc.

Well you won’t know that until you ask, this is kinda going around in circles now.
2018-5-7
Use props
Gazoo
lvl.3
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-7 16:29
Well you won’t know that until you ask, this is kinda going around in circles now.

Easy to say when your not the one out $1,500 cdn with a defective product and getting the run around.
Bulldog hit the nail on the head.
Spent 1,500 got a defective product could get a new one could get  a refurb or DJI could try and blame me.
No one should have to be in this position for a 3 week old product.
Do I seem ticked off? Do you blame me?
2018-5-7
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

Lesson learn is ask clear about the support arrangement before you pay. Now you can only follow the process if want a replacement.
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Gazoo, we are very sorry to read on your unpleasant experience with our product and customer service, please note according to DJI After-Sales service, replacement service can only be requested within fifteen (15) calendar days of receiving the product if the product suffers performance failure. GTScreenshot_20180508_105646.png
If there is anything wrong with the drone, it is recommended to send the device to DJI repair center or dealer for evaluation, DJI will examine the returned product(s) to identify the problem. If the problem qualifies for service under this policy, DJI will bear the cost for refund, replacement, or repair and return the product(s) at our cost to you. GTScreenshot_20180508_111045.png
It's recommended to contact your dealer again to see if they will help to send in the drone to DJI for further evaluation.

2018-5-7
Use props
Gazoo
lvl.3
Canada

Did mynthread get taken down?
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gazoo Posted at 2018-5-7 19:50
Did mynthread get taken down?

Hi Gazoo, your thread was moved to Service Forum since you are complaining about our customer service and it is more convenient for us to follow up.
Online repair form is not available for Canada, but the shipping label should be provided, could you please PM me your phone number which you are used to contact our support? We will check the records and make an investigation to make it clear for you, thank you.
2018-5-7
Use props
Gazoo
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-7 20:29
Hi Gazoo, your thread was moved to Service Forum since you are complaining about our customer service and it is more convenient for us to follow up.
Online repair form is not available for Canada, but the shipping label should be provided, could you please PM me your phone number which you are used to contact our support? We will check the records and make an investigation to make it clear for you, thank you.

I PM’d you my phone number.
2018-5-8
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

lol, classic DJI tactic. Give the customer BS answers, until the warranty period is up. lol.

Did you buy the drone with your credit card? If so, put a claim on your card as fraud. It's clear the store has a 30 day period in which they should return the drone. Heck, if this works, you get the refund and the drone. Good luck.
2018-5-8
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Gazoo Posted at 2018-5-7 16:20
Well if thats the case trust me every one reading this forum will know how I got screwed by DJI.
As for everyone reading this.....check your lens!

DJI has a group of paid fanboys that will go from thread to thread discrediting you if you decide to flame DJI. Believe me...... You have a few in this thread already.
2018-5-8
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Just a thought, have you looked up how to take off the lens? Maybe just clean it? Can't be that simple can it?
2018-5-8
Use props
Gazoo
lvl.3
Canada

Bulldog Posted at 2018-5-8 05:21
Just a thought, have you looked up how to take off the lens? Maybe just clean it? Can't be that simple can it?

No its not that simple.
The isuuse is how did the dust get into it? That needs to be fixed.
2018-5-8
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

If how the dust got on the drone needs to be fixed, that doesn't help you now does it?

Did you buy with a credit card?
2018-5-8
Use props
Gazoo
lvl.3
Canada

I will give DJI the chance to make my situation right and have faith they will.
I will not accept anything but my drone fixed 100% at no cost or a brand new drone not a refurbished one seeing it is only 3 weeks old.
If they fail to come through then their are many forums out their one can share with. Youtube is a wonderful venue to share this sort of stuff with and shows the issues etc.
2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gazoo Posted at 2018-5-8 05:31
I will give DJI the chance to make my situation right and have faith they will.
I will not accept anything but my drone fixed 100% at no cost or a brand new drone not a refurbished one seeing it is only 3 weeks old.
If they fail to come through then their are many forums out their one can share with. Youtube is a wonderful venue to share this sort of stuff with and shows the issues etc.

Hi Gazoo, I saw a case number has been created, once you get the shipping label, please send in at your most convenience and our repair center will take care of it when it arrives, please keep us updated if you need any assistance during this process, thank you.
2018-5-8
Use props
Gazoo
lvl.3
Canada

5 email exchanges with support and they still do not have my address correct....wow unbelievable.
I mean really how hard is it to get a address correct when you send it to them EXACTLY how it needs to be.
2018-5-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gazoo Posted at 2018-5-13 17:17
5 email exchanges with support and they still do not have my address correct....wow unbelievable.
I mean really how hard is it to get a address correct when you send it to them EXACTLY how it needs to be.

Gazoo, sorry for the inconvenience, I saw our support has replied your email to verify the updated address just to make sure that we have the correct information for the changes, please check and reply at your most convenience, thank you.
2018-5-14
Use props
Gazoo
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-14 01:22
Gazoo, sorry for the inconvenience, I saw our support has replied your email to verify the updated address just to make sure that we have the correct information for the changes, please check and reply at your most convenience, thank you.

I did reply and made it clear in a few emails how the address needs to be addressed to.
2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gazoo Posted at 2018-5-14 05:03
I did reply and made it clear in a few emails how the address needs to be addressed to.

The team has requested for another shipping label with the new address. You should receive it within 24-48 business hours. Please wait patiently and let us know if there is any further issue.
2018-5-14
Use props
Gazoo
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-14 20:08
The team has requested for another shipping label with the new address. You should receive it within 24-48 business hours. Please wait patiently and let us know if there is any further issue.

Drone was picked up by UPS from me today.
2018-5-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Gazoo Posted at 2018-5-15 17:14
Drone was picked up by UPS from me today.

Hi Gazoo, thanks for your update, hope our support team will receive your drone soon, appreciate your good patience.
2018-5-15
Use props
Gazoo
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-15 23:05
Hi Gazoo, thanks for your update, hope our support team will receive your drone soon, appreciate your good patience.

I received a email today stating my replacment drone has been shipped. I am impressed on the quick turn around time on this.
However the email did not state if it has been replaced with a brand new drone or a refurbished one?
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gazoo Posted at 2018-5-21 14:28
I received a email today stating my replacment drone has been shipped. I am impressed on the quick turn around time on this.
However the email did not state if it has been replaced with a brand new drone or a refurbished one?

Glad to know the replacement process went smoothly and quickly, please check and test the drone when you receive it and keep us updated if there is any issue with it.
2018-5-21
Use props
Gazoo
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-21 19:29
Glad to know the replacement process went smoothly and quickly, please check and test the drone when you receive it and keep us updated if there is any issue with it.

I received my new replacment today and am happy with the fast turn around time on this issue.
My next question is I had purchased care refresh on the MA I returned so does  this coverage automatically transfered to my new MA? If so do I get sme sort of confrimation it has?
Thanks
2018-5-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gazoo Posted at 2018-5-29 15:17
I received my new replacment today and am happy with the fast turn around time on this issue.
My next question is I had purchased care refresh on the MA I returned so does  this coverage automatically transfered to my new MA? If so do I get sme sort of confrimation it has?
Thanks

Glad to know you have received the drone, sorry that I didn't get the SN of your replacement drone in the system so that I cannot check, please check the status of your DJI Care Refresh here. If it hasn't be bound to the replacement, please send email to djicare@dji.com with the old and new SN and the case number as well, the team will help you out.
2018-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules