Video Wobble Effect
2337 12 2018-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
menestrelaerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 326657 ft

PLEASE HELP DJI. I am experiencing gimbal wobble effect and I have never crashed my P4P. I have the latest firmware, I have new props, use NDs, calibrated the IMU, calibrated the gimbal too. It’s so frustrating.  It seems to be worse in stronger breezes. And the drone itself seems to be unable to stay still like it used too. I’m trying to run a professional aerial video business and I just can’t hand footage over to the client with this slight wobble to it. There’s things I can do in post to try and fix but it’s just papering over the cracks here DJI. My P4P is not even a year old and is well looked after and maintained. Please please help.

2018-5-8
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft

The slight wobble looks to be throughout the video.  Put your P4Pro on a flat surface and take some video and see if the wobble is still there. If it is then I would check the balance of  the props.  Also check and make sure you don't have a loose motor or loose prop fitting.
2018-5-8
Use props
menestrelaerial
lvl.2

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-5-8 22:19
The slight wobble looks to be throughout the video.  Put your P4Pro on a flat surface and take some video and see if the wobble is still there. If it is then I would check the balance of  the props.  Also check and make sure you don't have a loose motor or loose prop fitting.

Thanks for the advice. I have taken off the props and sat the drone on a flat surface. The wobble is still there. I'm thinking from what I have read in other threads there is a vibration problem with the gimbal. What is my next move? Is this a repair job by DJI?
2018-5-10
Use props
menestrelaerial
lvl.2

I reverted back to two firmware ago and the wobble and vibration in the image is gone. DJI sort your shizzle out please. We shouldn’t have to put up with this.
2018-5-10
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

menestrelaerial Posted at 2018-5-10 14:21
I reverted back to two firmware ago and the wobble and vibration in the image is gone. DJI sort your shizzle out please. We shouldn’t have to put up with this.

WOW! I'm shocked that a firmware update caused the wobble. Thats pretty bad that the update caused it.
Were you on FW .600?
2018-5-10
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft

menestrelaerial Posted at 2018-5-10 14:21

I think you should contact support and explain the problem to them. There have been previous issues with the gimbal which were fixed with updates but it looks like there is still an issue.
2018-5-10
Use props
menestrelaerial
lvl.2

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-5-10 22:12
I think you should contact support and explain the problem to them. There have been previous issues with the gimbal which were fixed with updates but it looks like there is still an issue.

After a morning flight. I have realised the wobble is still there. I dont think its is firmware related now. I think the gimbal is defective.
2018-5-12
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

Send it straight back to DJI for gimbal replacement!!!! No other solution (at least fast and sure).
2018-5-12
Use props
menestrelaerial
lvl.2

kykphantom Posted at 2018-5-12 02:01
Send it straight back to to DJI for gimbal replacement!!!! No other solution (at least fast and sure).

Thanks. I am on to them now. Sending them more footage of the vibrations. Footage is just unusable.
2018-5-12
Use props
menestrelaerial
lvl.2

2018-5-12
Use props
Siambuddhas Group
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft

yup...mostly gimbal problems....hope it solves urs quick...
2018-5-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

menestrelaerial Posted at 2018-5-12 01:01
After a morning flight. I have realised the wobble is still there. I dont think its is firmware related now. I think the gimbal is defective.

Please tell me your current firmware of drone. Your situation will be forwarded, thanks.
2018-5-13
Use props
menestrelaerial
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thnx but DJI have decided it’s the gimbal causing it so it’s going in for repair. It’s out of warranty so I’m expecting a huge bill.
2018-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules