Extra payload warning and low battery life, Mavic Air
1787 8 2018-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DenisEme
lvl.1
Bolivia

Hi friends,

I have been flying Mavic Air today and noticed 2 very strange performance issues:
1. I got 2 “Prop guards or extra payload detected. Fly with caution” messages, although I didn’t have any prop guards or any extra payload.
2. Battery seemed to be performing really poorly - a newly charged one would yield a 16-16.5 minutes from the start in a progress line at the top of the control screen.

Worthy to say that I was flying at 3.6 km above sea level area, so potentially different pressures or smth else. Wind was not really strong.

Would really appreciate if you could help me understand if there is a problem with my Mavic or it’s good?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Denis
2018-5-8
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

Yes, fly that high will need extra power to take Air up. Maximum high for Air can go is 5km. You are quite close to the upper limit.
2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, could you please show us a screenshot of the error message on your DJI GO4 app? We'll look into it, thanks!
2018-5-8
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

With air density at about %70 of the sea level, sounds about right
2018-5-8
Use props
brianoflondon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1163743 ft
Israel

Where were you at 3600m can we ask? That’s only 300m short of the highest skiing point in Europe!

This is definitely something I’ll remember. I wonder what sort of difference a 1000m change in base elevation makes.
2018-5-8
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

The battery time is absolutely normal and at the maximum you can get with Mavic Air. And I agree with the others that very likely the high altitude has triggered the payload message.
2018-5-8
Use props
DenisEme
lvl.1
Bolivia

Hi everyone!
Thanks so much for the replies - it's great to feel the support.
This kind of altitude is "normal" for Bolivia, specifically, Uyuni - the place where I flew then - as it is located 3.6 km above the sea level. Mavic itself was just a couple of meters above the ground.

I attach the screenshot of my DJI GO app, when the message appeared. I also noticed some strange twitches during Tapfly. The image was perfectly stable because of the gimbal, but the drone itself was changing attack angles. Perhaps, this can be connected somehow.
2018-5-9
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Singapore

I think you win fly Air on highest place here. I do like to know more about how Air perform in this high. What is the temperature there? If temperature go up it should further reduce the flight time.
2018-5-9
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Singapore

DJI engineers should correct the message when takeoff from high place.
2018-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules