Spark Battery issue & Warranty
2897 23 2018-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Achaval
lvl.1
United States

After a few weeks of going back and forth, today DJI finally told me I'm getting a new Spark. The battery fell out of it, flying in the mountain in Maui. Drone was lost. Thhank you DJI! I just ordered the battery clip-lock from Amazon...   
2018-5-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Achaval, if you have other problems toward your case, please let us know, thanks.
2018-5-9
Use props
Achaval
lvl.1
United States

Thanks! Just waiting for my coupon code now so I can order a new Spark!
2018-5-9
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow....that's teriffic.  Gotta keep this thread at the top of the posts for all those who accuse DJI of not listening!  

Seriously, (for others) though here's a screen print of a section of the manual that I recall EVERY time I switch batteries.  Turning the aircraft upside down and using your thumbs to press the battery on BOTH sides and the rear arms for leverage.  I get that satisfying "CLICK" and give an extra tug without touching the release buttons.
Spark User Manual p-28 Battery Installation copy.png
2018-5-9
Use props
Antipaxi
Second Officer

Romania

Congratulations and welcome to the club! I too have received good news regarding a new Spark today.
2018-5-9
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

WebParrot Posted at 2018-5-9 06:15
Wow....that's teriffic.  Gotta keep this thread at the top of the posts for all those who accuse DJI of not listening!  

Seriously, (for others) though here's a screen print of a section of the manual that I recall EVERY time I switch batteries.  Turning the aircraft upside down and using your thumbs to press the battery on BOTH sides and the rear arms for leverage.  I get that satisfying "CLICK" and give an extra tug without touching the release buttons.

I agree, one of the steps I always take to make sure the battery is secured and locked in.
2018-5-9
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Canada

glad you were able to get this resolved .. hope you get your new one soon.  
2018-5-9
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Canada

glad you were able to get this resolved .. hope you get your new one soon.  
2018-5-9
Use props
chamdew
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47169 ft

How could you prove that battery ejection happened to you? And did they admit it was battery ejection problem? I am talking to them. I guess battery ejection was happened to me, but they keep saying it was not.  
2018-5-9
Use props
Achaval
lvl.1
United States

chamdew Posted at 2018-5-9 11:10
How could you prove that battery ejection happened to you? And did they admit it was battery ejection problem? I am talking to them. I guess battery ejection was happened to me, but they keep saying it was not.

I submitted my flight records. The doomed flight was funny, takes off, flies a little and  fell out of  the sky! Battery was secured right...  I ordered a battery clip from Amazon , I won’t loose another one!
2018-5-9
Use props
Achaval
lvl.1
United States

WebParrot Posted at 2018-5-9 06:15

Seriously, (for others) though here's a screen print of a section of the manual that I recall EVERY time I switch batteries.  Turning the aircraft upside down and using your thumbs to press the battery on BOTH sides and the rear arms for leverage.  I get that satisfying "CLICK" and give an extra tug without touching the release buttons.

Well, my battery was firmly secured, yet fell off...  
2018-5-9
Use props
chamdew
lvl.2

Achaval@yahoo.com Posted at 2018-5-9 13:01
I submitted my flight records. The doomed flight was funny, takes off, flies a little and  fell out of  the sky! Battery was secured right...  I ordered a battery clip from Amazon , I won’t loose another one!

You meant they checked your flight records and admit that battery fell. Do i understand correct?
Did you see your battery falling?
Did you find your drone?
2018-5-9
Use props
Achaval
lvl.1
United States

chamdew Posted at 2018-5-9 13:30
You meant they checked your flight records and admit that battery fell. Do i understand correct?
Did you see your battery falling?
Did you find your drone?

I was having a hard time. finding what email account I was using with the App. Finally they figured it out. They reviewed the flight logs, and I was told that the loss of the aircraft wasn't my fault and I was getting a coupon. They never said it was our fault... Don't really care! I just got my coupon!! Just ordered a new Yellow Spark!!  My Drone ended up in a deep gully, maybe about 400 to 600 feet deep, I wasn't going to risk my life to recover it...   I did see the battery fall out, I couldn't believe it!! LOL  It was on sport mode, momentum kept him going a little, battery  just fell out straight down...   It happened within 60 seconds of lift off, very close to me...  Man, I just bought the Care DJI package and the Amazon battery clip... My son has had several Phantoms, funny thing is, he loves the spark, so easy to carry it around...  Thank you DJI! I'm a lifetime fan. Aloha
2018-5-10
Use props
Achaval
lvl.1
United States

chamdew Posted at 2018-5-9 11:10

I guess they can tell a lot by looking at the flight logs...  Good luck with your case, I just got my coupon for a free Spark. I'm super happy, hope they help you with yours. Aloha
2018-5-10
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Achaval@yahoo.com Posted at 2018-5-9 13:02
Well, my battery was firmly secured, yet fell off...

I understand.  My comment wasn't meant as a criticism, either :-) ...
I figured that adding the excerpt to my reply would help someone else browsing the archives!
2018-5-10
Use props
JoeCec
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

glad you were able to get this resolved
2018-5-10
Use props
MauiFlier
lvl.1
United States

It's all good! I'm in an excellent mood! Lol. Not sure how that dji care package works, but if I loose it for any other reason I have that insurance now...  
2018-5-10
Use props
chamdew
lvl.2

Achaval@yahoo.com Posted at 2018-5-10 01:42
I guess they can tell a lot by looking at the flight logs...  Good luck with your case, I just got my coupon for a free Spark. I'm super happy, hope they help you with yours. Aloha

congrats !!!   you have better communication, negotiation skill than mine. I had to be satisfied with 50% discount.
i have strong guess battery ejection was the problem, but i didn't see it was happening before my eyes, so i couldn't keep up the discussion with them.
i just ordered another spark and waiting. of course i have ordered the strap for battery from ebay.
i am grad my case is solved too.  
let's enjoy
2018-5-10
Use props
MauiFlier
lvl.1
United States

chamdew Posted at 2018-5-10 09:44
congrats !!!   you have better communication, negotiation skill than mine. I had to be satisfied with 50% discount.
i have strong guess battery ejection was the problem, but i didn't see it was happening before my eyes, so i couldn't keep up the discussion with them.
i just ordered another spark and waiting. of course i have ordered the strap for battery from ebay.

My understanding was that by looking at the flight log it’s possible to determine what happened. One moment you are flying along, the next the Spark falls off the sky,  
2018-5-10
Use props
dat-alex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 396857 ft
Greece

Congrats for your quick resolved cases!

I have a question though.

I have a spark (under valid DJI Care) with 1st generation clips - there is a strong possibilty of the battery to pop-off during flight,  right?

I have open a case with DJI support (I live in Europe) about battery replacement.
They respond back with a UPS tracking-delivery number, but I doubt they understand that I need a battery replacement due to clip design error!
I know and read the forums that DJI οfficialy does not running a withdraw replacement program -is this right?

Where can I clarify this out ? in  order not to send back my battery and they just let me know they will not replace my otherwise working just fine batteries.

Thank you for your time
Alex
2018-5-15
Use props
MauiFlier
lvl.1
United States

dat-alex Posted at 2018-5-15 23:05
Congrats for your quick resolved cases!

I have a question though.

I'm not taking any chances, I ordered a great looking and very inexpensive battery security clip on Amazon.com for my DJI Spark.  I purchased 2 extras batteries, too much hassle to exchange them, much easier to add the clip...    I'm happy that I'm getting a replacement Spark at no cost. I did buy the extra DJI care just in case, LOL.  Aloha
2018-5-15
Use props
gugabcosta
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3494 ft
Brazil

unfortunately I had a problem with my spark yesterday ... after a 9 min flight I returned to the base and switched the battery to a fully charged battery. after about 60 seconds of flight, simply my drone shuts off in mid-flight. the detail is that my drone did not have a week. unfortunately I lost my drone because I was flying over the river.
2018-11-25
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

gugabcosta Posted at 11-25 07:47
unfortunately I had a problem with my spark yesterday ... after a 9 min flight I returned to the base and switched the battery to a fully charged battery. after about 60 seconds of flight, simply my drone shuts off in mid-flight. the detail is that my drone did not have a week. unfortunately I lost my drone because I was flying over the river.

wow what happened
2018-11-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

RE: Spark Battery issue & Warranty

gugabcosta Posted at 11-25 07:47

Hi, sorry to know about the incident happened on your Spark. We highly recommend contacting our team so that we could analyze what was happened to your last flight. Please see the link below for your reference. If you have other questions, kindly let us know for further assistance. Thank you for the support.

www.dji.com/support
2018-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules