Mavic Air Extended Landing Legs
2214 19 2018-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BigRoyBoy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106414 ft
Australia

Is any one running with the extended legs that go over the antennas. Do they interfere with the signal/wifi
2018-5-10
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm not, but just an alternative, I use the Freewell folding landing pad; so light, easy and comepltely removes the need for extneding legs....  Cheers, Ian
2018-5-10
Use props
BigRoyBoy
lvl.3
Australia

Thanks Wellsi. I have the mat to. I find if you place the mat on grass when you place the Air on the mat it some times sinks the mat and the gimbal some times hits the ground more so on start up.
2018-5-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14044577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hand launch/land - saves carrying any third party crap. Note too the landing gear may void the warranty as not endorsed by DJI - they sell PGYTech accessories on their on line store but removed all landing gear options from all drones late last year...
2018-5-10
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

I use pad to land on rough place. Extended legs increase weight and may affect performance. Also may fall in flight.
2018-5-10
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Singapore

It will be great if we can launch and land Air on hand like Spark.
2018-5-10
Use props
Ridg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

GDL Posted at 2018-5-10 01:04
It will be great if we can launch and land Air on hand like Spark.

you can but it's sketchy AF e.g. disabled downward sensors and keep your fingers clear of the props.

Landing pad is the best solution given the low clearance, if you wanted you could probably land on something like a plastering hawk for protection.
2018-5-10
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Singapore

It will be very challenging to control the RC on one hand and try to land MA on another hand. I think it’s much easier to land on my head
2018-5-10
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

I use a landing pad and leg extensions on my MPP.  With the gimbal being the most fragile part of the drone I like to keep it as far off the ground as possible.  The leg extensions add very little weight and I've noticed no change in performance.  And of course the warranty would not be effected because who in their right mind would send their drone in for repair with the leg extensions on.  They have to be taken off to fold up the arms.

2018-5-10
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

GDL Posted at 2018-5-10 01:04
It will be great if we can launch and land Air on hand like Spark.

I hand launch/land my Air all the time  Just have to make sure my hand is flat, or fingers are clear
2018-5-10
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

GDL Posted at 2018-5-10 01:27
It will be very challenging to control the RC on one hand and try to land MA on another hand. I think it’s much easier to land on my head

Launching from hand is more challenging than landing.  because you have to be able to slide to launch, or use both sticks to start props.
but landing is a breeze.  just hold the stick down and put it in your hand.  ( i do have big hands, so it is easy for me to hold the controller with one hand)
2018-5-10
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I bought the PolarPro landing legs for my Air. Put them on and the first time I tried to take of it tipped backwards and the rear props hit the ground .. took the legs off immediately, not game to use them again.
2018-5-10
Use props
BigRoyBoy
lvl.3
Australia

forbsie Posted at 2018-5-10 04:44
I bought the PolarPro landing legs for my Air. Put them on and the first time I tried to take of it tipped backwards and the rear props hit the ground .. took the legs off immediately, not game to use them again.

Good to know
2018-5-10
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft
Netherlands

I bought mine so I could glue on my cree led lights.
2018-5-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We don't suggest using the third-party extended landing gears since the compatibility is not able to assure. Please take off and land the drone in a suitable place as much as possible.
2018-5-10
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Singapore

DJI please give the drone longer leg in future. It’s much safer with higher clearance with ground. So we don’t need to add 3rd party leg.
2018-5-10
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Singapore

I tried put my backpack on ground as landing platform which has no flap place at all. No problem for takeoff but quite challenging for landing. It’s difficult to land MA very accurate with the auto landing. Can I land the MA manually?
2018-5-10
Use props
Kevjones1959
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61932 ft

South Africa

Yes you can land it manually when it gets close. These legs work fine and cant "fall off" .
2018-5-10
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft
United Kingdom

After posting about glueing my LED lights on. I thought I should charge them for the second time. First time when I bought them. Oops forgot to line them up so I could get to the mini USB port. What a dummy. Had to carefully peel off and re-glue in a better position
2018-5-10
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Singapore

May I know why you need to add LED on MA?
2018-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules