DJI Phantom 4 Advanced Gimbal Noise issue and Horizon Problems
12Next >
11205 58 2018-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
qpilot
lvl.1

Ukraine

The problem with the level of the horizon in the new drone DJI Phantom 4 Advanced. Copter without damage and falls, there were only a few flights. When the Copter is tilted to the side, the gimbal does not align the horizon, the horizon at an angle. When the Copter is returned to the horizontal position, horizon remains under the knob in which it was when the Copter was tilted. What could be the problem? Also noticed that from the first flights the horizon in the videos is a little behind on the right side. And about the noise in the gimbal. when the copter is tilted to the side, the gimbal is emitted into a grinding noise. and the second moment with the noise in the gimbal - when turn on the copter at the end, the gimbal a little moves up and down in an unplanned manner and the sound sounds like something is jamming. Should there be any sounds in the gimbal similar to grinding or jamming in a working copter?

Here in the video you can see the problem

drone DJI Phantom 4 Advanced
dji go 4.2.14
aircaft firmware 01.00.0128

tried to solve the problem with calibrations, but nothing helped.

Auto Calibrate Gimbal
IMU Calibration
Calibrate Compass
2018-5-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, is the gimbal calibration successful? Would you mind leaving your DJI Account(the email address when you login DJI GO)? I'd like to help you get the beta and try again.
2018-5-12
Use props
qpilot
lvl.1

Ukraine

here is the screens of settings
2018-5-12
Use props
qpilot
lvl.1

Ukraine

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-12 19:40
Hi there, is the gimbal calibration successful? Would you mind leaving your DJI Account(the email address when you login DJI GO)? I'd like to help you get the beta and try again.

yes. gimbal calibration is successful
2018-5-13
Use props
qpilot
lvl.1

Ukraine

question for the owners Phanton 4 (Pro, Adv). Do you have the sound of a suspension motor reminiscent of a rattle when you tilt the drone on side? My gimbal has such sound, is it normal?
2018-5-13
Use props
qpilot
lvl.1

Ukraine

most like a mechanical defect. I don't like the sound of the suspension when the drone is tilted. and the horizon is already falling down, even at an altitude of up to 2 meters when the drone is rotated around itself

no settings helped. firmware updated, dji go reinstalled, compass calibreted outside, IMU Calibrated, auto calibrate gimbal and calibrate gimbal during fly manual. nothing helps!
2018-5-13
Use props
qpilot
lvl.1

Ukraine

ok. lets try beta firmware for phantom 4 advanced. my email account   indexdog@gmail.com
2018-5-13
Use props
FABIOALEX.SP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 370427 ft
Brazil

Hello everyone, I have the same problem with my PHANTOM 4 Advanced gimbal, there is a noise when I turn on my equipment and with a finger I realize the vibration on the gimbal and the horizon is ok, I did not notice any problems, just the noise in the gimbal and the jelly effect in the scenes, I wish to try the beta firmware too.

My email is: fabioalex.sp@gmail.com
2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

qpilot Posted at 2018-5-13 10:22
ok. lets try beta firmware for phantom 4 advanced. my email account

Received with thanks! I'll forward to the right team to add you in. Please log in your account in DJI Assistant 2 around one business day later to refresh the firmware to see whether it works.
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FABIOALEX.SP Posted at 2018-5-14 16:50
Hello everyone, I have the same problem with my PHANTOM 4 Advanced gimbal, there is a noise when I turn on my equipment and with a finger I realize the vibration on the gimbal and the horizon is ok, I did not notice any problems, just the noise in the gimbal and the jelly effect in the scenes, I wish to try the beta firmware too.

My email is:

I've read your comments on another post and responded as well. The beta is already available in your account, please check whether you have received it.
2018-5-16
Use props
FABIOALEX.SP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 370427 ft
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-16 02:30
I've read your comments on another post and responded as well. The beta is already available in your account, please check whether you have received it.

Thank you very much for sended me. I installed the beta firmware on my P4A and the problem was not fixed, now is there another step we can take to fix this?

The noise has diminished but still in some moments in the filming we still notice the effect of gelatine, especially when we move of place.
2018-5-16
Use props
JKC Eng
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100469 ft
United States

I am also having issues with gimbal noise and the camera is not facing straight down when collecting images for photogrammetry.
2018-5-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FABIOALEX.SP Posted at 2018-5-16 13:39
Thank you very much for sended me. I installed the beta firmware on my P4A and the problem was not fixed, now is there another step we can take to fix this?

The noise has diminished but still in some moments in the filming we still notice the effect of gelatine, especially when we move of place.

Could you upload some samples or videos for analysis? We'd like to look into the exact status.
2018-5-21
Use props
djiuser_IcuhtAW5coYH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 902 ft

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-21 03:59
Could you upload some samples or videos for analysis? We'd like to look into the exact status.

Hi there,
just recently I experienced issues similar to those discussed here in this thread - i.e. the impression of the life video suddenly hooking for a split second and then 'snapping' back to the appropriate position, especially when spinning slowly to catch the horizon. This hook-and-snap effect can also be seen in the movie later on. Calibrating the gimbal does not work, making strange buzzing sounds and ending up mostly at looking sideways to the right leg. I didn't yet update to the newest status because I'm deeply concerned about the warning on the display, that having no connection to DJI at starttime out in the fields would deem my Phantom to a 50 metres radius and 30 metres height. This P4A+ does not have a smartphone with LTE or whatsoever but has it's own display. Without WLAN it remains offline. This is not what I was buying it for. Honestly I'm thinking about giving it back, feeling almost taken hostage. I'd like to plead to DJI to rethink this strategy in customer relationship...
2018-5-27
Use props
Frifoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 187884 ft
Norway

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-16 02:29
Received with thanks! I'll forward to the right team to add you in. Please log in your account in DJI Assistant 2 around one business day later to refresh the firmware to see whether it works.

I too have the gimbal noise. Please provide me with an update to larsaake@gmail.com
Regards,
Lars Andersen
2018-5-28
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>

Gimbal on my P4 Obsidian is very quiet, on the P4 Vr 2.0 I briefly owned, just the opposite.  Quite loud and during the IMU calibration process the gimbal made a good bit of noise.

On the few flights I was able to make before my controller bricked, I had no issues, Gimbal was level and stable so I assumed it’s just part of the motor/sound.

Paul Caldwell
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JKC Eng Posted at 2018-5-19 11:20
I am also having issues with gimbal noise and the camera is not facing straight down when collecting images for photogrammetry.

Sorry for this. Could you upload a short video of the issue you referred? I'd like to check the exact status and see whether we can help.
2018-5-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_IcuhtAW5coYH Posted at 2018-5-27 09:41
Hi there,
just recently I experienced issues similar to those discussed here in this thread - i.e. the impression of the life video suddenly hooking for a split second and then 'snapping' back to the appropriate position, especially when spinning slowly to catch the horizon. This hook-and-snap effect can also be seen in the movie later on. Calibrating the gimbal does not work, making strange buzzing sounds and ending up mostly at looking sideways to the right leg. I didn't yet update to the newest status because I'm deeply concerned about the warning on the display, that having no connection to DJI at starttime out in the fields would deem my Phantom to a 50 metres radius and 30 metres height. This P4A+ does not have a smartphone with LTE or whatsoever but has it's own display. Without WLAN it remains offline. This is not what I was buying it for. Honestly I'm thinking about giving it back, feeling almost taken hostage. I'd like to plead to DJI to rethink this strategy in customer relationship...

Does the issue appear suddenly? Have you tried to reset the camera settings? As for the buzz issue, please kindly tell us your DJI Account, I'd like to help you get the beta to try later. Also, it is recommended to log in your account when the internet is available, keep the status and do not log out manually, so that you can still fly in offline status.
2018-5-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Frifoto Posted at 2018-5-28 07:37
I too have the gimbal noise. Please provide me with an update to larsaake@gmail.com
Regards,
Lars Andersen

Well received, I'll forward to the right team to add you in.
2018-5-31
Use props
juankageo
lvl.1
Colombia

Hello everyone, I have the same problem with my PHANTOM 4 Advanced gimbal, there is a noise when I turn on my equipment and with a finger I realize the vibration on the gimbal and the horizon is ok, I did not notice any problems, just the noise in the gimbal and the jelly effect in the scenes, I wish to try the beta firmware too.

juankageo@yahoo.es
2018-6-3
Use props
Alan James
lvl.2
Flight distance : 146821 ft

Jumping on the band wagon... I too noticed this noise the other day on my P4P after upgrading to the .0600 firmware.  It makes this noise when tilting the copter on it’s pitch axis, but it is not consistent.  It otherwise seems to operate normally without issues.  Maybe it’s the latest release firmware?
2018-6-4
Use props
djiuser_IcuhtAW5coYH
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-31 03:00
Does the issue appear suddenly? Have you tried to reset the camera settings? As for the buzz issue, please kindly tell us your DJI Account, I'd like to help you get the beta to try later. Also, it is recommended to log in your account when the internet is available, keep the status and do not log out manually, so that you can still fly in offline status.

meanwhile that initially seldom hook-and-snap effect has grown, both in frequency and intensity. The video is shaky and trembling. When it comes to an end it is like everything has become well, but some seconds later the same effect. Sometimes i see the right leg of the phantom and sometimes the horizon has tilted. I've been trying some possibilities in the controlling software (DJI Go), like shifting from FPV to FOLLOW and back, but no difference. Like this it's no more fun to me. The videos tilted, trembling and showing legs make the impression of a 200$ drone, but no phantom. Pictures taken are sometimes blurry, without sharp focus. If someone asked me for a guess, I'd answer this: instead of following the axis of the copter, the optical artificial intelligence hooks to random spots at the horizon for some time and then getting chaotic, loosing control.
2018-6-25
Use props
djiuser_IcuhtAW5coYH
lvl.1

DJI Susan, to answer your questions:
1. Yes, the effects are suddenly without any warning. I could try flying without touching the left stick, but that would be to limiting. To be precise: it starts when turning left or right, flying curves, or just spinning slowly while catching the horizon on video or taking pictures.
2. No, I never tried a reset, but some different parameters on the software surface.
3. As for the account question: I thought this here was my account? To get here I had to deliver my email-adress plus a password...?
4. What do you mean with "keep the status" and so on? Why so should I go out in the fields with WLAN on and thus having a massive leak in electrical power?
5. Please get me that beta and tell me how to get to it. Hopefully that doesn't make it worse with falling phantoms in the sky... ;-)

2018-6-25
Use props
qpilot
lvl.1

Ukraine

beta firmware like helped, but only for 5-7 flights. Now again, the horizon tilt when the copter rotates around its axis.

when flying forward or sideways, the horizon seems to hold, there are minor deviations, but when the copter rotates there is already a strong tilt and when turning the copter back, the horizon does not recover, as it fell down and remained under that level.

2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

juankageo@yahoo Posted at 2018-6-3 17:19
Hello everyone, I have the same problem with my PHANTOM 4 Advanced gimbal, there is a noise when I turn on my equipment and with a finger I realize the vibration on the gimbal and the horizon is ok, I did not notice any problems, just the noise in the gimbal and the jelly effect in the scenes, I wish to try the beta firmware too.

Sorry for the late response, I'll forward to the right team and add you in. It takes about 1-2 working days, please check later.
2018-6-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Alan James Posted at 2018-6-4 00:06
Jumping on the band wagon... I too noticed this noise the other day on my P4P after upgrading to the .0600 firmware.  It makes this noise when tilting the copter on it’s pitch axis, but it is not consistent.  It otherwise seems to operate normally without issues.  Maybe it’s the latest release firmware?

Currently, the gimbal noise for P4P has been fixed in the official firmware. Not sure if I understand your issue properly, would you mind uploading a short sample video for verifying?
2018-6-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_IcuhtAW5coYH Posted at 2018-6-25 05:43
DJI Susan, to answer your questions:
1. Yes, the effects are suddenly without any warning. I could try flying without touching the left stick, but that would be to limiting. To be precise: it starts when turning left or right, flying curves, or just spinning slowly while catching the horizon on video or taking pictures.
2. No, I never tried a reset, but some different parameters on the software surface.

Thanks for the clarification. It is ok to leave your DJI Account(email address) here, no password. We'll help you get the beta and try later.

Regarding the login, what I want to stress is that once log in your account, do not log out manually. You can disable the WiFi and test after login.
2018-6-29
Use props
djiuser_IcuhtAW5coYH
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-29 04:39
Thanks for the clarification. It is ok to leave your DJI Account(email address) here, no password. We'll help you get the beta and try later.

Regarding the login, what I want to stress is that once log in your account, do not log out manually. You can disable the WiFi and test after login.

Hello, I guess to have to login with the copter coupled to the controller via that cable, right?
My mail-address is sg-maier@web.de.
2018-6-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_IcuhtAW5coYH Posted at 2018-6-29 09:01
Hello, I guess to have to login with the copter coupled to the controller via that cable, right?
My mail-address is .

Well received, I'll forward to the right team and add you in. Once the beta is available, you can log in your account and try to refresh the firmware.
2018-7-1
Use props
qpilot
lvl.1

Ukraine

The problem with the inclined horizon was not solved even when replacing the gimbal's motors. I had to replace the entire gimbal. the gimbal turned out to be defective at the time of purchase. therefore, whoever thinks of buying a new phantom 4 pro / 4 adv is sure to check immediately the gimbal's horizon, this is a frequent Mechanical Defect of the Gimbal!
2018-7-31
Use props
djiuser_IcuhtAW5coYH
lvl.1
Germany

qpilot Posted at 2018-7-31 20:58
The problem with the inclined horizon was not solved even when replacing the gimbal's motors. I had to replace the entire gimbal. the gimbal turned out to be defective at the time of purchase. therefore, whoever thinks of buying a new phantom 4 pro / 4 adv is sure to check immediately the gimbal's horizon, this is a frequent Mechanical Defect of the Gimbal!

To me the Gimbal issue started slowly and was not there right from the start. It didn't exist for months and was developing relatively fast. Now it seems to me to be pretty much on the hardware's side.
2018-9-11
Use props
M&P Tecnologia
New

Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-29 04:39

Regarding the login, what I want to stress is that once log in your account, do not log out manually. You can disable the WiFi and test after login.

Hello,

how can i get the beta firmware ? I have a P4 Adv with the same issue, the camera los the horizon when I apply  rudder comand, and so it be "looking" down..
2019-2-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

M&P Tecnologia Posted at 2-21 02:31
Hello,

how can i get the beta firmware ? I have a P4 Adv with the same issue, the camera los the horizon when I apply  rudder comand, and so it be "looking" down..

Hi M&P Tecnologia, could you tell us your DJI account (the email address when you log in DJI GO 4)? I'll help you get the beta and try again.
2019-2-22
Use props
calltoon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 982648 ft
Poland

I have another problem with gimbal. Horizon is ok but it makes some king of jump in the end of making long exposure photo. As You can see in the video las part of 3s exposure is some kind of gimbal jump what cause making blurry photos. Verry frustrating. Firmware: latest beta for P4A
2019-3-20
Use props
strejt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 424252 ft
Poland

Phantom 4 advanced, after turning on the drone, after a few minutes a strange sound begins to appear, as if from a gimbal, when I raise the drone and turn the sound slightly, it stops but in a moment it is audible again:
https://youtu.be/YCzuBqBgNzc
2019-10-27
Use props
tonyavistadrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 117766 ft

Spain

DJI Susan Posted at 2019-2-22 05:00
Hi M&P Tecnologia, could you tell us your DJI account (the email address when you log in DJI GO 4)? I'll help you get the beta and try again.

Please Susan, we need the beta firmware for solve this problem in P4A+, can you send me to avistadrone@gmail.com

Thank you so much!!
2020-2-4
Use props
fans79ee67ea
New
Greece

Hello

I have a similar problem with my phantom 4 advanced. The gimbal makes a slight grinding noise.
When I change its position slightly by hand the noise goes away and sometimes dissappears it self for a while and then starts again.
I have tried to solve it by calibrating the gimbal, by hard resetting the drone but still nothing seems to work. I have even reinstalled the firmware form dji assistant with no luck. Any ideas?
2020-3-18
Use props
djiuser_BIQ6CLXaKRVs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 120814 ft

Russia

Hi! Unfortunately, i had same gimbal problem. My p4a is powering up, starts gimbal test and after few seconds he make buzz sounds and little bit lay camera down. Horizon tilts when i horizontally roll my drone. If you need, i can make video with that issue. Thanks.
2020-8-5
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Same problem here, no crashes , recently repaired ( Drone Main Board) from Dji Service in Spain

Horizon tilts when i turn the drone min : 0:50

2020-8-5
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

qpilot Posted at 2018-5-13 08:44
most like a mechanical defect. I don't like the sound of the suspension when the drone is tilted. and the horizon is already falling down, even at an altitude of up to 2 meters when the drone is rotated around itself

no settings helped. firmware updated, dji go reinstalled, compass calibreted outside, IMU Calibrated, auto calibrate gimbal and calibrate gimbal during fly manual. nothing helps!

same problem here _
When i roll the drone , the camera dont stabilize correctly , there is a great delay until it goes straight
2020-8-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules