Phantom 4 SD + Transmission Video Green/Purple
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dunkmasterflex
lvl.1

Canada

I've been reading a bunch of posts from people having similar issues to me with their Phantom 4's, however, the issues and solutions in most of those threads have not been relevant or helped correct my personal problem.

When I purchased my Phantom 4, I noticed once in a while I'd get small green lines or purple distortions in my video feed to my Android phone mounted to my remote. After updating the firmware on the remote and drone, as well as switching mobile devices to something a little more powerful the issue seemed to correct itself.

A few weeks later the same issue happened again, however, now the purple and green lines are present in both the video feed and the video captured on the SD card. This issue became worse and worse up until now where the video is almost permanently purple with green line distortions in the video feed to the phone, once in a while it will snap back to correct colour but then immediately revert back to the same problem.

My current setup:
Phantom 4 Adv running Firmware v02.00.0700
Remote running firmware v1.9.3.0
Apple iPhone 6 running DJI Go v4.1.2
SD Card = Panasonic Micro SDXC UHS-1 Card*⁴ (16GB)

Anyone familiar with this issue? Seems to be hardware related given that it affects both the video on the phone and SD card. Below are screenshots taken directly from the SD card.

Generally what you see when flying

Generally what you see when flying

Quick test inside

Quick test inside

Video briefly corrected

Video briefly corrected
drone 4.jpg
2018-5-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It is a fault in the camera. Your only option is to send it back to DJI for repair.
2018-5-12
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Agree with Geebax, there is a bad connection on the camera sensor and need to be sent for rep.
Has it crashed or had a hard landing before this started?

Also a OT curious Q, from what SW did you get the screenshots?

2018-5-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry to read the issue. Please kindly start a case and send the unit in from here: https://www.dji.com/support The local team will take care once the unit arrived.
2018-5-12
Use props
dunkmasterflex
lvl.1

Canada

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-12 22:29
Agree with Geebax, there is a bad connection on the camera sensor and need to be sent for rep.
Has it crashed or had a hard landing before this started?

That's a shame. I have not crashed it at all myself, however, I bought it second hand off a guy who "used to be the local DJI dealer". The gimbal is in perfect condition, though I know its taken a couple dings because of some markings on a rotor.

I'm running a Mac with OSX, so for screenshots I use Command+Shift+3 / Command+Shift+4 ... the typical .png files were too big to upload so I just reformatted them in preview.
2018-5-13
Use props
dunkmasterflex
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-12 23:59
Sorry to read the issue. Please kindly start a case and send the unit in from here: https://www.dji.com/support The local team will take care once the unit arrived.

Thanks Susan, I will do just that.
2018-5-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

dunkmasterflex Posted at 2018-5-13 05:20
Thanks Susan, I will do just that.

If you encounter any difficulties during the progress, please contact us with your case number, we'll be here for help.
2018-5-16
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

dunkmasterflex Posted at 2018-5-13 05:12
That's a shame. I have not crashed it at all myself, however, I bought it second hand off a guy who "used to be the local DJI dealer". The gimbal is in perfect condition, though I know its taken a couple dings because of some markings on a rotor.

I'm running a Mac with OSX, so for screenshots I use Command+Shift+3 / Command+Shift+4 ... the typical .png files were too big to upload so I just reformatted them in preview.

Thank you, was just wondering as the information provided is much different than what i get in captions on the P4P.
2018-5-16
Use props
dunkmasterflex
lvl.1

Canada

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-16 23:05
Thank you, was just wondering as the information provided is much different than what i get in captions on the P4P.
https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/201805/13/040109qygyoelbizig0gyk.png[/img]

I simply opened the file in VLC, and I assume I had subtitles turned on. That meta data you see in my screenshots disappears a few seconds into the video typically.
2018-5-22
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

dunkmasterflex Posted at 2018-5-22 07:20
I simply opened the file in VLC, and I assume I had subtitles turned on. That meta data you see in my screenshots disappears a few seconds into the video typically.

Thanks again
I also have to use VLC (on Win10) to have mine show the captions, the 4 Pro creates no .srt files so it is embedded in the video. The information is recorded all the way but i have to select subtitles when starting view of the video.
I have without luck searching for a way to extract the information from the videos as i think there is more information than displayed, sometime it jump up a line like something is displayed below the visible area.

Edit: How does your rep turn out?

2018-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules