Aukey 300W Power Inverter won't charge Mavic Pro battery
1423 8 2018-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TrackstarTim
lvl.3
Flight distance : 204961 ft
Canada

I bought an Aukey 300W power inverter, and it won't charge my Mavic Pro batteries. It charges my Osmo & MacBook Pro just fine, but not the drone.. Any thoughts on why?

This is the inverter i bought: https://www.amazon.ca/AUKEY-Outl ... keywords=AUKEY+300W
2018-5-12
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

What kind of charger are you using with this?  I got a 500w inverter and it charges my mavic pro battery hub no issues.  maybe not enough watts?  Are you using your stock charger?  This is the one I got.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... lpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I power this with it and charges no issues.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... lpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2018-5-12
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

I'm thinking it may have the wattage but not enough amps to charge the batteries.
2018-5-12
Use props
TrackstarTim
lvl.3
Flight distance : 204961 ft
Canada

QuadKid Posted at 2018-5-12 17:03
I'm thinking it may have the wattage but not enough amps to charge the batteries.

Hm.. possibly, but I was able to charger my MacBook Pro with the stock 85w charger with out a problem, and I think my laptop is rated at 5amps.. I've seen YT videos of people using the same inverter to charge Phantom 4 batteries, I'd imagine MP's batteries are fairly similar to the P4's..
2018-5-12
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

TrackstarTim Posted at 2018-5-12 17:11
Hm.. possibly, but I was able to charger my MacBook Pro with the stock 85w charger with out a problem, and I think my laptop is rated at 5amps.. I've seen YT videos of people using the same inverter to charge Phantom 4 batteries, I'd imagine MP's batteries are fairly similar to the P4's..

I agree, don't have any first hand knowledge as I have never tried it, but you would think that it would work, I have a 700W and a 1000W inverter that will run power saws ect...
2018-5-12
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

I have a fairly cheap inverter in my truck and for some reason, one of my chargers just wont work with it. No idea why. You wouldn't think that a charger would need pure sine wave, but maybe they do??
2018-5-12
Use props
AxtonEX
New

India

You have the required 120 VAC, or 240, or whatever is used in your country, you're good. And as long as it is AC, it doesn't have to be sinusoidal. The first thing it hits (inside the charger), is a step-down transformer that reduced the voltage to 5, 10, 20, or whatever the load requires.
inverterreview.com
2019-2-22
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think it has enough ampage.
2019-2-22
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Simmo1 Posted at 2018-5-12 17:45
I have a fairly cheap inverter in my truck and for some reason, one of my chargers just wont work with it. No idea why. You wouldn't think that a charger would need pure sine wave, but maybe they do??

Yes, it will need a pure sine wave inverter.  Cheap simulated sine wave inverter will damage your Mavic charger.
2019-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules