Anyone heard of this?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
artmanmike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5246 ft

Diagnosis of my drone....
According to the damage assessment from the engineers, it used wrong prop screw size on the drone which damaged all 4 motors.

This would be like buying a new car, buying aftermarket tires, the engine blows and the warranty does not cover manufacturers warranty. This is asinine.
Sounds like the mass of manufacturers who sell products that work flawlessly with the DJI products should be aware of this since this will pretty much ruin their sales.
2018-5-13
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

It would be helpful if you would provide the entire back story in great detail.
2018-5-13
Use props
artmanmike
lvl.2

Please refer to my thread "Shafted by the California repair center." I was reprimanded by admins for multiple postings about my horrible warranty voided experience
2018-5-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Were you using aftermarket rotors and if so, which brand?

It seems odd that anything other than OEM DJI props, would be used as an excuse, to void a DJI promissory warranty.

RedHotPoker
2018-5-13
Use props
artmanmike
lvl.2

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-5-13 08:01
Were you using aftermarket rotors and if so, which brand?

It seems odd that anything other than OEM DJI props, would be used as an excuse, to void a DJI promissory warranty.

Sorry for the late reply. I was using PENIVO 4pcs 9450 Self-locking Professional Propeller Props Blades for DJI Phantom 3 (2cw+2ccw) from Amazon
2018-5-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

artmanmike Posted at 2018-5-13 09:06
Sorry for the late reply. I was using PENIVO 4pcs 9450 Self-locking Professional Propeller Props Blades for DJI Phantom 3 (2cw+2ccw) from Amazon

Yeah, I already replied to your first post about this situation. ;-)

As I stated, you would be well within your warranty rights while making your stock white props colorful, by using multi colored Sharpie markers. https://www.sharpie.com/collections/
Yeah, or also practiced by many here, dyeing your props with popular RIT dyes. www.ritdye.com/products

I'm partial to fluorescent colors and will certainly persue something in that color range. I am very much into black lights. Have them all over the place... Grin

RedHotPoker

2018-5-13
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

This thread would probably qualify as one of those multiple postings you were reprimanded for.  It doesn't make a lot of sense to start a new thread, make a couple of comments then move on and create another thread.  It would be more helpful just continuing the comments on the end of your "Shafted..." thread and keeping all the comments together.

I don't recall reading anything in your previous thread (which I can't find now) about all four motors being damaged by the plastic threads from your aftermarket props.  I don't see how that could happen.  Are you sure the damage wasn't as a result of the impact?

Diagnosis of my drone....
According to the damage assessment from the engineers, it used wrong prop screw size on the drone which damaged all 4 motors.

This would be like buying a new car, buying aftermarket tires, the engine blows and the warranty does not cover manufacturers warranty. This is asinine.

Your analogy doesn't really work.  It is more like you bought a new car, your aftermarket tyres blew out, yet you expect the car manufacturer to be responsible for the crash caused by the tyres, something completely out of their control.   If anything, the engine blew as a result of the crash which was as a result of the tyres failing.  DJI warranty their aircraft, construction and components.   All of the things they were responsible for worked.  They didn't have a failure with any of their components.  Your incident resulted in a loss of flight.  Unless you can prove something happened to a motor or controller that DJI are responsible for, it is your responsibility and that of the prop manufacturer for that loss of flight.  It may be your fault for not fastening them properly or insufficiently tight, leading to a prop being thrown, or it may have been a failure of the prop itself, or an inability to grip the motor thread properly under the rated torque.  The error message means the prop is not spinning at the expected speed (not that there is a gremlin on the wing holding the prop and preventing it from rotating).  The unexpected reported speed is usually caused by a loose prop or physical debris in the motor.  As it flew properly prior to your incident, I'd say it was the latter.   The prop reviews posted on Amazon don't look too complimentary.  I'm not sure why you would be surprised when DJI wouldn't take responsibility for the failure.  They know how their genuine props perform, but why would they take responsibility for the pethora of manufacturers making knock-off copies and clones of their product from unknown materials and quality of workmanship?

I'm genuinely sorry or your loss, but you aren't going to change any of our opinions, especially DJ's.  The very best you can hope for is to approach it from another angle and analyse your flight records and see if there is a failure of their components prior to the loss of flight.  I would say DJI have already done that and seen no failure, and attributed the fall to the third-party props.
2018-5-13
Use props
rent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
United States

It would be more like buying a new car, buying after market tires of questionable fit, crashing the car, and trying to get warranty claim from the car manufacturer?
2018-5-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In matey's scenario its like this,

Buy new car
Fit new tyres (in warranty)
Engine blows up (in warranty) driving down the road
Manufacturer says no as it had aftermarket tyres on

But thats not quite how things are, theres more detail to just the above.
In the CSV log, where it showed Motor obstruction, all 4 motors were at idle, is this when the threads gave in thus no longer any lift from the props?  
2018-5-13
Use props
artmanmike
lvl.2
United States

But, Bashy, with your scenario, would I have had to unscrew all four perfectly good propellers AFTER the crash to send p3p into DJI like I did? All four engines were at idle because I had no stick movement after motor obstruction.
2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We are sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience, May i have your case number so  that we can check  that to  our system. Thank you.
2018-5-14
Use props
artmanmike
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-5-14 06:42
We are sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience, May i have your case number so  that we can check  that to  our system. Thank you.

CAS-1723854-F4X4T0. ALL I WANT IS PROOF THAT THE MOTORS WERE DAMAGED BY THE PROPS
2018-5-14
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

artmanmike Posted at 2018-5-14 06:46
CAS-1723854-F4X4T0. ALL I WANT IS PROOF THAT THE MOTORS WERE DAMAGED BY THE PROPS

DJI doesn't need to prove it. You have used third-party products and this voids a possible claim.
Here is the after-sales policy:
https://www.dji.com/service/policy

Give it up man, swallow your anger and move on. Things don't get better if you keep insisting and posting, posting, posting...
2018-5-14
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Eric13 Posted at 2018-5-14 14:00
DJI doesn't need to prove it. You have used third-party products and this voids a possible claim.
Here is the after-sales policy:
https://www.dji.com/service/policy

Why shouldn't they? the policy you link to is generally claiming "Damage caused by .." & "Failure of, or damage caused by ..." so if they claim the props was the cause they should tell why they were the cause.
So far i have seen nothing showing it actually was the props fault. The error message of obstructed motor does not to me sound like a prop has failed or has fallen off during flight, the video that was posted neither look like other i have seen where a prop leaves the craft during flight.

I am not saying it wasn't the props but for sure would like to hear why/how, in case it was.
2018-5-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-14 20:52
Why shouldn't they? the policy you link to is generally claiming "Damage caused by .." & "Failure of, or damage caused by ..." so if they claim the props was the cause they should tell why they were the cause.
So far i have seen nothing showing it actually was the props fault. The error message of obstructed motor does not to me sound like a prop has failed or has fallen off during flight, the video that was posted neither look like other i have seen where a prop leaves the craft during flight.

I do agree here, I would like to see why it was the props fault, although i believe Thor did say that the threads were damaged (i think) hence all 4 motors...
2018-5-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2018-5-14 20:57
I do agree here, I would like to see why it was the props fault, although i believe Thor did say that the threads were damaged (i think) hence all 4 motors...

It makes no sense to me either. I cannot see any way that damaging the threads on the motors can be done using a plastic prop. Even if you did, it would have no effect whatsoever on the performance of the motor themselves. It sound like a weak excuse from an uninformed DJI call centre operator.
2018-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules